Keyword

Multiple Extra Field Groups

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135670 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups
If you are starting the project now, you can start it with 2.6.9 and update in the process.
You can also create another dev environment and try your extensions's compatibility with v3.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #141363 by James Wadsworth
Replied by James Wadsworth on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups
HI All, this is James the colleague of Marco. We have made the changes for multiple Extra Field Groups which can be applied to Categories and User Groups. We have worked on the 2.7.0 development version and have just made the pull request. Let us know what you think.

More
8 years 10 months ago #144681 by James Wadsworth
If anyone is interested in testing K2 Multiple Extra Fields we have released a version over at github which can be download. It is base on the 2.7.0 development version.

github.com/jameswadsworth/k2/releases/tag/v0.3-alpha

BEWARE

It is purely for a development/test environment. It will break any other extensions that use K2. For example we had to modify roksprocket to get it working with K2 multiple Extra Fields.

Please add your comments here or over at github.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #144683 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups
Hi James,

installed MEFG and get after Installation an Warning and in ExtraField of Item; both Sreesnshot are uploaded imgur.com/SVPzQYQ,yhiCH6m#1

I'm using ExtraFields, but opening an Item i got Message that Category has no assigned ExtraFields.

Regards

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144685 by James Wadsworth
Hi Franz,

thank you for the bug report. There was in fact an error in the script.k2.php file. I have amended the file and added a new archive. Which can be downloaded from

github.com/jameswadsworth/k2/releases/tag/v0.4-alpha

BEWARE - this is only for testing purposes. It should only by used on a test/development site.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, J
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by James Wadsworth. Reason: Added warning

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144923 by Franz Wohlkönig
Hi James,

Installation no Problem. Assigned a second EFG to a Category, see 2 EFG but in Overview (all Categories) see 3: the old one and the old one a second Time plus new one. Back in Category i see still 2 > after that in Overview i see 5 EFG. So i deleted all EFG and assigned new: In Category and in Overview it looks good. But as i opened an Item, in EFG i got "Notice: Please select a category first to retrieve its related "Extra Fields"..."

In Frontend i can't open an k2-Item: "Unknown column 'extraFieldsGroup' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT extraFieldsGroup FROM *_k2_categories WHERE id=*"

Regards
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Franz Wohlkönig.

More
8 years 10 months ago #144924 by James Wadsworth
Hi Franz,

thank you very much for your feedback. In answer to your first issue. Notice: Please select a category first to retrieve its related "Extra Fields"...". This message will be shown if you have not associated any extra fields with the extra fields group(s) you are have associated with the category. In future releases we will change the message here to something more relevant.

Regarding the error message in the front-end item display we have fixed the bug and a new version v0.5 can be downloaded from

BEWARE - this is only for testing purposes. It should only by used on a test/development site.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, James

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144926 by Franz Wohlkönig
Hi James,

Opened first a Category (doesnt matter if it inherit from another Category or not), applied second EFG and it is shown in Categories-View double; in Item with same Category with Extra Fields i got same Message of no Category with Extra Fields. So same like yesterday.

In Frontend i can see now but cant applie a EF because the Tab with EF is empty (with original EF of k2 it works).

Regards
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Franz Wohlkönig.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144930 by James Wadsworth
Hi Franz,

have you put any extra fields in your extra field groups? I can only replicate if I don't have any extra fields in the Extra Fields groups.

imgur.com/8d23q3S

See screenshot. If you are still having problems please send some screenshots of your setup.

Thanks, James
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by James Wadsworth. Reason: Missing link to screenshot

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #144933 by Franz Wohlkönig
Hi James,

got it now but don't know, why*g So in Backend no Error-Message as above told, will test later.

In Frontend-Editing EFG are not shown, but that may the same issue as k2-dev2.7 dont show Tabs on Top of Extrafield (see Screenshots imgur.com/PerlgUk,jXv940q#0).

Regards