Keyword

Version 3.7 Joomla

More
6 years 11 months ago #161880 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
@Damiano

See the error you posted. The problem is that Joomla/K2 reach your server's max execution time, which is just 30 seconds. Ask your hosting provider to increase it to something sane, e.g. 90 seconds.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Julie Carter
  • Julie Carter's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #161883 by Julie Carter
Replied by Julie Carter on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
@Krikor
Thanks for the advice regarding removal of comments links. Much appreciated.
The main concern is the menu errors that return - Call to undefined function limit_text() This only occurs when I use SJ_the _cool template and have asked the developer for advice.
Also, articles imported into K2 return a JSON error and won't open (regardless of template). I can work-around by copying and pasting, but the error is indicative of an unhappy system.
This is a new project so there's no point in using earlier versions of Joomla.

More
6 years 11 months ago #161889 by Damiano
Replied by Damiano on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
Thanks Fotis, I've already tried to increase it to 90 seconds but nothing has changed.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #161895 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
@Julie look at the forum for the JSON error, there are several solutions posted.

@Damiano (Stupid follow-up) Try 120sec

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #161911 by Damiano
My hosting provider doesn't allow us to increase the value over 90. Anyway it was working before the update , now it returns an error saying there's a deprecated method.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; upload has a deprecated constructor in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 624 Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 41

No one else has this problem?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #161913 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Version 3.7 Joomla

624 Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 41

Is this an accidental c/p? If not, this means that the 90sec limit was not enforced and the limit is still 30s.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #161914 by Damiano
ok, my hosting provider resets the limit to 30 seconds but with 90 seconds was the same thing

More
6 years 11 months ago #161921 by Jean Pierre Martin
Replied by Jean Pierre Martin on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
Hello,

I am facing a similar issue. After updating my joomla site from 3.6.5 to 3.7., I cannot save anymore my k2 items (I am using k2 v2.7.1). My k2 items have introtext separated with <hr id="system-readmore" /> from the fulltext.

I uninstalled all my extensions one by one to find if there is a conflict but i didn't manage to resolve the issue. I strongly believe there is a conflict between k2 component and new joomla 3.7 version.

However the behavior is strange because with another site the save functionality of k2 items is still working ok after update.

I can not realise why this happens.

I tried to eliminate the introtext and the <hr id="system-readmore" /> and in some cases the issue is resolved and in some cases the issue persist. Maybe something is happened in this piece of code.

When trying to save my k2 items it takes extremely long time and finally I am getting the message (in my production server):

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

In my XAMPP environment I am getting a blank page

Thank you very much for your help
JP

More
6 years 11 months ago #161923 by Jean Pierre Martin
Replied by Jean Pierre Martin on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
I have noticed that after eliminating any inline css, <hr /> and classes (i.e. <div class="foo">, inside my k2 item, the k2 item could then be saved, in my case. Otherwise k2 save functionality is not working.

Could you please suggest a fix?

Thank you very much
JP

• Julie Carter
  • Julie Carter's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #161924 by Julie Carter
Replied by Julie Carter on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
My issue was resolved by fixing a JSON error . Thanks to Krikor for putting me on to the JSON error string and to Jan Marin the author of the fix.