Keyword

Version 3.7 Joomla

More
6 years 11 months ago #161927 by Jean Pierre Martin
Replied by Jean Pierre Martin on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
Hello,

Trying to investigate under which circumstances the issue could be reproduced and how to resolve it, I found that k2 items could not be saved it they are containing greek characters and quotes. Greek characters without quotes seems ok. With latin characters and quotes it's OK also. This is maybe why with greek characters the inline css inside the k2 items make them unsavable. And this is why greek characters with <hr id="system-readmore" /> generate the issue also.

I tried to replace the following file (of joomla 3.7)

libraries/joomla/filter/input.php

with the input.php file of version 3.6.5 and then k2 items could be saved.

So, definitely the input.php file of joomla version 3.7 create some conflict with k2 v.2.7.1 and the k2 items could not be saved (at least for items containing greek characters and quotes, ie. in the inline css within the k2 item).

Of course, I don't know if the problem is only there.

I would appreciate very much if you could provide a stable fix for this issue

Best Regards
JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #161934 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
Thank you for reporting this JP.
2.8 is on the works, this is really helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #161952 by Damiano
Replied by Damiano on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
Can someone help me? My job has been stopped for several days and I do not know what to do...

thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #161967 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Version 3.7 Joomla
For the time being can you try Jean Pierre Martin's solution?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #161970 by Damiano
Hi Jean Pierre, I would like to try your suggested solution. Can you send me the joomla 3.6.5 input.php file? This is my email address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks so much!
Damiano

More
6 years 11 months ago #161980 by Jean Pierre Martin
Replied by Jean Pierre Martin on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
Hi Damiano,

I have sent the input.php file in your email. Please inform us if it resolves your problem also

BR/ JP

More
6 years 11 months ago #161981 by Jean Pierre Martin
Hi Krikor,

Do you have an idea when the k2 v.2.8.0 will be ready?
Are you planning since then to provide a fix solution for the k2 items (especially for those contains greek characters, or accents and quotes), in order to be able to be saved, when using joomla 3.7? I am afraid that using the previous version of input.php file may generate other issues.

Thank you very much
JP

More
6 years 11 months ago #161988 by Damiano
Hi Jean Pierre,
I replaced input.php, now the article is saved but after it returns the following error:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; upload has a deprecated constructor in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 624 Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/administrator/components/com_finder/helpers/indexer/helper.php on line 181 Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/ufypphfg/domains/studiogroenlandia.it/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 85

At this point, just wait for updates and ... pray
I've seen now that it was released joomla 3.7.1, we hope so ...

Thanks so much
Damiano

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162001 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Version 3.7 Joomla - k2 items couldn't be saved
Joomla 3.7.1 should be used ASAP.
3.7 contains, a serious security flaw.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #162018 by Jean Pierre Martin
Hello everybody,

After updating to joomla 3.7.1 it seems there is no more conflict with k2 v2.7.1 (at least in my case) and the k2 items could be saved correctly

Best Regards
Jean Pierre