Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Gobezu Sewu
18 Feb 2010 19:28
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic How can I make this type of functionality?

How can I make this type of functionality?

Category: English K2 Community

i would suggest that you dedicate 1 position within your template where you load 2 varying instances of the mod_k2_content module where the first instance would filter on the non-sold listings and the second instance would filter on the sold listings

this would give you every thinkable flexibility and also is editable

i am sorry to say if you are looking for another setup then you would need to take a good look at the category view and it would require a certain amount of coding and would hardly become a good solution either and would give you a stale k2 setup with no future upgrades. there is besides this issue of how you would discriminate between sold and non-sold categories, where the only means i see is by having some logic in the naming of the categories or hard code the sold/non-sold ones, the nightmare multiplied i would say

let us know how you progress on this one
  • cwdesign
17 Feb 2010 17:05
Replied by cwdesign on topic Display RSS feeds in K2 article

Display RSS feeds in K2 article

Simon, I just looked at your website and there is a lot of good information there. I look forward to looking through it in depth. I remember now what the main issue was for me and K2. It was that with the template I am using all content including the K2 content disappeared - headers and side modules showed up but just white where the articles should be. This only occurred in IE6. My feeling is that it is high time to leave IE6 behind. Ironically my client is using some ancient server software and their IT guy says they can only run IE6 or FF in a 16 bit mode. Of course the client does not understand that he is in a very small majority that still use IE6. Anyway, until they can afford to upgrade their servers I will be stuck pleasing him. I have a new project with a new client coming up and plan on trying K2 again with a fresh template and no support for ie6. Thank-you for talking with me and good to know your support is available. Thanks again. Roy

K2Joom said:When you install K2, nothing changes to your Joomla content, everything should work exactly the same. Nothing will change until you either import your Joomla Content to K2 Items, or create new K2 items, then create new Menu Items to point to the K2 content.

You can of course run Joomla articles, with K2 modules published in suitable module positions, but you might as well make use of the extras of k2.

Any questions, ask away.

Simon

Roy Kastning said:Thank-you Simon. I will look at the info you have on your website. Let me ask you this if I may. After installing K2 should normal Joomla content still show up? After installing K2 all my other content disappeared. I am using a JoomlaPraise template which seems to be a solid template. Probably a change in template would help, but it is a lot of work to change a template and reconfigure all the module positions. Anyway - thank-you again and I will check out your info on templates. K2Joom said:I understand. I would consider revisiting K2, now that V2.2 has been released. If you need any help with templating K2, we have some guides over at K2Joom.com

Have a good one.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Roy Kastning said:Hi K2Joom, No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy K2Joom said:Hi Roy, Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items? Regards,
K2Joom

Roy Kastning said:Hi Phil, Unfortunately I got side tracked on another website and have not had a chance to get back to the rss problem. Hope to get back to that project next week. Will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks for asking. Roy
  • Jens Ende
13 Feb 2010 01:10
Replied by Jens Ende on topic Template? CSS?

Template? CSS?

If any of you figure this out please post it here as I am also using Dominio template and really like the layout in joomla article and blog layout.

Kind regards
Jens

Anthony said:Yeah... this never worked for me either!
Geoffww said:This does not work on my site. I upgraded to v2.2. My template is being used but K2 will not use my templates css files. I have /templates/mytemplate/css and edited copies of the default files in there. K2 still uses the default css files. It either can't find them or is not bothering to look for them. :( "For template designers, we've now made it possible to directly override the K2 CSS by including references to the K2 frontend CSS files in their templates. K2 will look first for the K2.css, K2_ie6.css and K2_ie7.css files in the template's /css folder and if it doesn't find these files it will then pick them up from K2's /css folder. There is no need now for your template users to manually switch off the default K2 CSS."
  • Anthony
12 Feb 2010 20:02
Replied by Anthony on topic Template? CSS?

Template? CSS?

Yeah... this never worked for me either!

Geoffww said:This does not work on my site. I upgraded to v2.2. My template is being used but K2 will not use my templates css files. I have /templates/mytemplate/css and edited copies of the default files in there. K2 still uses the default css files. It either can't find them or is not bothering to look for them. :(
"For template designers, we've now made it possible to directly override the K2 CSS by including references to the K2 frontend CSS files in their templates. K2 will look first for the K2.css, K2_ie6.css and K2_ie7.css files in the template's /css folder and if it doesn't find these files it will then pick them up from K2's /css folder. There is no need now for your template users to manually switch off the default K2 CSS."
  • Zonegig Design, LLC
10 Feb 2010 03:02
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Need urgent help with image galleries and videos

Need urgent help with image galleries and videos

I use RocketTheme and K2 and have been very happy. Most of the newer templates contain either some CSS overrides to support K2 or extensive overrides that make the K2 content fit seamlessly with the RocketTheme template. I don't have any experience with YooTheme or Zoo so I am not in a position to provide any comparison information. Many of the RocketTheme extensions have also been upgraded to provide native support K2 comment:

* RokStories - RockeTheme's sophisticated news/image rotator
* RokTabs - RocketTheme's easy to use and super flexible tabs module
* RokNewsPager - RocketTheme's AJAX powered latest news module
* RokNewsflash - RocketTheme's rotating news headline module

See the following link for more details:

www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/361-extensions-with-k2-support
  • Buddy Q
07 Feb 2010 07:22
Replied by Buddy Q on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

This made it work. However my lightbox is not working. Image opens up in a separate tab instead of lightbox. Also wondering if there is a way to crop and make all thumbs the same size so that the gallery can look good?

Buddy

Mark R said:just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.
Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.
  • blahblah
07 Feb 2010 02:50
Replied by blahblah on topic Joomfish Menu Translation

Joomfish Menu Translation

Did this fix ever get added to K2.2? I added this solution [menu.xml] to my K2.1 site and then I recently upgraded to K2.2. When I compare the install folder for K2.2 in admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements it includes only 7 files (none of which is menu.xml):

k2_attachments.xml
k2_categories.xml
k2_extra_fields.xml
k2_items
k2_tags
k2_users
translationK2_categoryFilter.php

I continue to have issues with tranlations in Joomfish missing the ID number at the end (see below).

If I remove the menu.xml file from admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements
then I get the error in the admin backend:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/models/ContentObject.php on line 669

Any ideas?

JoomlaWorks said:@Chucknology Thanks for that. We'll check out your solution and once we verify it works we'll integrate it into 2.2.
  • glkpens
05 Feb 2010 08:18
Version 2.1 to 2.2 was created by glkpens

Version 2.1 to 2.2

Hi:I have not been able to resolve a file permission problem when trying to upgrade.  File in the admin/components/com_k2 are owned by "nobody".   I receive an error telling me the file can't be moved).  Is it possible to do a clean install without losing my items (which are essentially blog entries.  Thanks for suggestions.Gary
  • Mike Feaster
04 Feb 2010 21:28
Replied by Mike Feaster on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Questions about Extra Fields.

Ok, just upgraded but no go. There are Extra Fields still not displaying and the ordering option is still grayed out.

Followeyes said:Hello "Mike".. If not yet, just upgrade (install overrides) to the latest stable K2 v. 2.2.
Or, Back up and make a fresh install again.
I have no problems with what you asking above.

Thanks
  • Brett Adkins
04 Feb 2010 14:45

Maintain Category and User default images via Template

I have created custom default category.png and user.png images for K2. Can I reference them from my custom template so that they do not get overwriten when I perform a k2 upgrade?  I have about 30 sites and this would be a HUGE timesaver...Thanks
  • Adam Christie
03 Feb 2010 12:25
Full RSS feeds in K2 2.2 was created by Adam Christie

Full RSS feeds in K2 2.2

I've just upgraded a site from K2 2.1 to 2.2 and all my RSS feeds have gone from showing full items to just titles & links to the original article.I've checked the K2 parameters and it's set to show intro & full text.I can't see any other settings that would cause this. Is there a template I can edit to get back to full feeds or something else I've missed?Thanks
  • FeSys
01 Feb 2010 09:10
Replied by FeSys on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Questions about Extra Fields.

Hello "Mike"..
If not yet, just upgrade (install overrides) to the latest stable K2 v. 2.2.
Or, Back up and make a fresh install again.
I have no problems with what you asking above.

Thanks
  • Giuseppe Modarelli
29 Jan 2010 19:31
canecane.com was created by Giuseppe Modarelli

canecane.com

Canecane.com powered by K2Info:Joomla v 1.5.15K2 v
2.0Features:BackendACLDifferent
level access for the two user groupsAdministratorevery user of
this group has access to all K2 categories and items.Artistsevery
user of this group can access to Artists category and can create just one item and then edit it every time he/she needs to.ItemsIn
order to create a new item the user have to choose a category first, otherwise he/she will get an error message. We had to implement this control because the client needs to show different tabs in the item form based on the category.If the user is an Artist he/she will be able
to see the Artists category only.In addition to the classic K2
item tabs (content, image, video, gallery, attachments and extrafields) we added:1) Video gallery
the user can add one or more videos
for each item and assign to each video a title and a description. The
videos can be uploaded or embedded via provider (just like the one
provided by K2)

2) Audio gallerythe user can add one or more audio files for each
item and assign to each audio file a title and a description.
3)
Picture gallerythe user can add one or more pictures for each item
and assign to each picture a title and a description.
4) Artists
gallerythe user can add one or more artist mini profile (a picture
of the artists, his/her name and role and a brief description).
5)
Awards gallerythe user can add one or more awards (a picture of the
award, the venue and a brief description).
6) Thumbnails
for
each of the 5 additional tabs and for the item itself we added a
thumbnail tab which shows the user all the elements added to that item
and let the user upload a thumb image for each of them. if the user
doesn't upload a thumb for an element a "no-thumb pic" will be shown.

Based on the choosen
category for a new (or an existing) item some of the tabs will be shown.Categories:Reels   
Content, Video (the K2 one), ThumbnailsServices    Content,
Image, ThumbnailsWorks    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards gallery, ThumbnailsArtists  
 Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery, ThumbnailsResearch
& Development    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery,
Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, ThumbnailsDownloads    Content, Attachments, ThumbnailsKeypeople   
Content, Image, Extrafields, ThumbnailsNews    Content,
ThumbnailsCustomer    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, Thumbnails, Customer
The Customer category is the same
as Works but it let the user associate an item with a particular
customer who can see the item (in the frontend) after he/she signed-in
the website.

Some screenshots:
WorksReelsCustomersFrontend
We
provided a different template for each category in order to show just
the informations related to that particular category in the way the
informations need to be displayed. Some of the categories have just the
category view (Reels, Services and Download), others have both the
category and item views. For those categories which have just the
category view the content of the item will be shown in a lightbox pane
(video, video gallery, picture gallery.).

Category view

The item view has been completely redesigned to fullfill the client
needs. Every type of element of the item belongs to a tab, and the
end-user can navigate through the tabs with a fancy mootools fade effect
(a screenshot here would help me a lot cause I'm not so good trying to
explain you what I mean XD)

Item viewVideo in lightbox
Item internal pagination
Actually the template mods are difficult for me to explain in plain and
correct english (i'm italian), so if you are interested in my work check
it out here www.canecane.com. It worths a thousand and sometimes
non-sense words :D

Future features:

Migrate to K2 v 2.2
Ajax upload
A more flexible and modular design (since we had client needs (and
deadlines) in mind we often created "ad hoc modules")

Conclusions:
I simply love K2! Joomlaworks... thank you so much!

I have one question for K2 staff and community. I tried to implement the different additional content tabs with the plugin extension but I
wasn't able to do so. Indeed I had to hack the core of K2 in order to
realize these mods. I'd rather like to write additional modules and
leave the core untouched . For this reason I cannot upgrade to the last
stable version of K2. So here it comes my question: do you think K2 will
provide this feature? (or it actually already does and I cannot see it?
XD)

Can't wait to know your opinions and criticisms about this K2 powered website!

Bye bye
  • Daniel Munteanu
29 Jan 2010 13:04
Need some help with tags was created by Daniel Munteanu

Need some help with tags

First of all I need help to upgrade a older K2 version to the new one but how can I now what is the old version I installed last year 

Second I have the Simple Image Gallery Plugin enabled but in the K2 information tab it shows Simple Image Gallery Plugin Not installed what about

And now my big problem Is there a way to sort items by tags
I have 360 items added in 28 alphabetical categories and 85 tags - how to sort items by tags?
I created the tags and now I want to put them in alphabetical order but I find no way to do that Is this possible or I have to start again the work
Should I make new 85 categories? but how to ad already created items to new categories that I should create - may a item belong to several categories?

Please help - thanks
  • Red Evolution
27 Jan 2010 15:35
CSS & Template When Upgrading was created by Red Evolution

CSS & Template When Upgrading

Hi,If I upgrade 2.1 to 2.2 will any changes to K2's templates be overwritten? Not the K2 templates in our Joomla templates folder, I mean K2's default templates.cheersd
  • mihha
22 Jan 2010 20:42
Replied by mihha on topic Register to read more

Register to read more

Hi,

I will try. Here are the steps you should follow before you even apply code changes:

1. create the following folder structure under your template's folder (if html folder already exists, omit it)

html
com_k2
templates

2. copy the following files under templates folder
generic.php
user.php
3. copy the following file under the default folder
category_item.php

Apply code changes as described in attached txt file. This post editor doesn't allow me to insert code in the post directly.

Do the code changes in all three php files that you copied in step 3

I hope that you will succeed. Observe that I am using Community builder so I placed a link to it's registration page in my code changes

LeAnn Brewster said:I also need a 'register to read more' function. Can you explain this process a bit more for a newbie?
Thanks!
LeAnn

Igor Mihaljko said:Hi, you can easily apply changes to the articles and categories views if you use overrides in Joomla.

Just copy needed files in your template/html folder (create one if you don't have it) and make changes. Good thing about K2 is that you just need to make changes to the representation layer so you can easily and without fears upgrade K2 and your changes will stay as you want them.

I did those changes and the result can be visible here
  • leenie
22 Jan 2010 20:12
Replied by leenie on topic Register to read more

Register to read more

I also need a 'register to read more' function. Can you explain this process a bit more for a newbie?

Thanks!
LeAnn

Igor Mihaljko said:Hi,
you can easily apply changes to the articles and categories views if you use overrides in Joomla.

Just copy needed files in your template/html folder (create one if you don't have it) and make changes. Good thing about K2 is that you just need to make changes to the representation layer so you can easily and without fears upgrade K2 and your changes will stay as you want them.

• Neo Jen Sen
21 Jan 2010 19:06
Replied by Neo Jen Sen on topic Register to read more

Register to read more

Thanks man... i got it..

Igor Mihaljko said:Hi,
you can easily apply changes to the articles and categories views if you use overrides in Joomla.

Neo Jen Sen said:Hi, Im having the same requirements... user to login/register before allowing to see the full text. Has anyone found a solution without hacking the k2 codes? Aint keen to do that since I planning to move to the latest version v2.2 shortly...
  • Chris Rault
21 Jan 2010 14:09
Replied by Chris Rault on topic HTML stripped from introtext

HTML stripped from introtext

Ok, i took the same code that you had on your article view and added it as one of my articles intro text and its displaying no problem (ie, maintains the paragraphs and links). Did you upgrade from the previous version of K2?

I also did a search on the k2 files and compared the various instances of introTextCleanup and was not able to find any difference.

Last but not least, have you tried clearing your Joomla cache?
  • mihha
21 Jan 2010 11:58
Replied by mihha on topic Register to read more

Register to read more

Hi,

Neo Jen Sen said:Hi,
Im having the same requirements... user to login/register before allowing to see the full text. Has anyone found a solution without hacking the k2 codes? Aint keen to do that since I planning to move to the latest version v2.2 shortly...
Displaying 2081 - 2100 out of 2250 results.