Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Valdis
16 Sep 2009 06:26
Replied by Valdis on topic Simple Image Gallery bug

Simple Image Gallery bug

Category: English K2 Community

You can try this mod of SIG free (I have already published earlier version on this board) - doesn't require changes in k2 itself and allows to work with in-text (gallery stored in default joomla media location) as well as item gallery (under k2 media).

* Changes from original SIG free:

* - upgrades slimbox used in plugin to version 1.57 (uses corresponding slimbox.js, mootools.js, slimbox.css and comments out old css info from sig.css)

* - enables/fixes support for regular in text as well as K2 image galleries

* - prevents merging of several gallery instances into one

* - adds edition indication to plugin name and version

Regards,
Valdis

greg said:Thanks FreakShowTM
I was really happy, when I saw in Gallery Tab, I was able to upload pictures!
I upload a zip, put in my article {gallery}11{/gallery}
And I've seen my gallery display in it !!! wonderfull !!!

BUT, when I try to edit again my article, it was impossible to open the edit popup !
Don't understand what happens !
An error is display in IE error on pge (in left corner) about mootools.js and modal.js

Do you have any idea.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's already a big progress !
  • Pat Craze
15 Sep 2009 20:12

Cannot upgrade from 2.0 stable to 2.1 without error

Ok I managed to re-install it now at least by manually deleting all the com_k2 folders
  • bunglehaze
15 Sep 2009 19:44

I have not tried it yet, deleting the k2 folders is not an option for me as uninstalling the component deletes my database which is quite large.
  • Pat Craze
15 Sep 2009 19:42

Did that work then? I tried to delete the old k2 folders but still get this error. No idea? Maybe need to erase the database as well?
  • bunglehaze
15 Sep 2009 18:29

I have tried a couple of times now and both times threw up the same issue

-1 - An error has occurred.

It was not possible to copy the selected file.

Obviously its quite important I can get K2 upgraded now so anyone else had this issue and what was the fix please?

leigh
  • Heleen Heijnis
15 Sep 2009 15:40
Replied by Heleen Heijnis on topic Multibyte strings is enabled - still fatal error

Multibyte strings is enabled - still fatal error

I just upgraded to 2.1 and get this error when saving an item:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_regex_encoding() in /mnt/web4/53/33/51645033/htdocs/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2item.php on line 72

My hosting provider says I can write a php.ini file and try to enable the mb_strings. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks so much again!
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Sep 2009 23:37 - 17 Feb 2010 21:57
AllVideos 3.1 is now available was created by JoomlaWorks

AllVideos 3.1 is now available

Category: AllVideos

AllVideos 3.1 has just been released.

This new version fixes compatibility with K2 in the backend (previously some wrong CSS/JS file paths were messing up the item page). It also adds better filtering for less error-prone plugin tags.

For more on the new 3.x series features, see here: forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=9195.0

DEMO
See version 3 running in our development site: dev.joomlaworks.net/plugins/allvideos-v3-with-superblogger.html

UPGRADE / INSTALLATION
You are advised to upgrade as soon as possible.

To upgrade from 2.x to 3.1:
Just note down your AllVideos settings, uninstall any previous 2.x version and then install v3.1. Enter the plugin parameters, re-apply your settings and publish it! Clear your Joomla! cache and voila!

To upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1:
Directly install v3.1, it will override the old files, maintaining your settings.

DOCUMENTATION
The documentation for AllVideos is available here: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/35/41/

Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks! ;)
  • Lefteris
14 Sep 2009 12:35

Upgrade to 2.1 messed me up badly, any suggestions?

Hi. Why you lost your formatting? Did you have changed any component files? You should make changes only to template files otherwise an update will overwrite your changes. Of course this is for all Joomla! extensions not just for K2....
  • krmr
13 Sep 2009 17:19
Replied by krmr on topic Simple Image Gallery bug

Simple Image Gallery bug

hi, same problem with me. just upgraded from 2.0 20090709 to 2.0 20090809, and then to 2.1 following precisely all instructions. then after the upgrade k2 stopped recogising the installed allvideos and simple image gallery plugins. reinstalled both and at some point k2 recognised them in the info tab. but then the problem with simple image gallery began. I cant open the tabs: image, gallery, video, extra fields, attachments, neighter in the items that contain galleries and have already been published, neighter in a new item published, when it contains gallery, uploaded in zip.?
I have uploaded the patch that came from FidelGonzales, but that does not help animore.
Anyone knowing about the issue and having solution?
10x.
  • Walter Howard
13 Sep 2009 06:27

Upgrade to 2.1 messed me up badly, any suggestions?

I had the stable version of K2 2.0 installed, and when I upgraded the component to 2.1, all my formatting was messed up, and I can't seem to fix it. Is there any way to downgrade back to 2.0 and recover what I had before?
  • Tomasz Bieliński
12 Sep 2009 19:47
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

SIG Pro is a must. That is said by folks smarter than me. Additionaly I checked again and found that there is not a matter of editor (mea culpa that I advised so) but the K2 bug (probably?)
To show the gallery on the front end the options in category/subcategory view should be "show gallery", and additionally in item view option "show" to view the gallery. If I have in item view gallery option set "like in category" - gallery is visibile only for admin not from the front! I think it is probably a bug
There is no need to change the names of the files to small letters or to exclude "_" and numbers (as was advised in other posts).

Mark R said:just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.
  • Mark Mintler
12 Sep 2009 18:04
Replied by Mark Mintler on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.
  • Tomasz Bieliński
11 Sep 2009 22:01
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.
  • Mark Mintler
11 Sep 2009 19:04
Replied by Mark Mintler on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

Just upgraded to v2.1 and reinstalled SIG plugin free version and now K2 doesn't even recognize it. I still get the "must be installed" error message under the gallery tab... this is crazy.
  • FidelGonzales
10 Sep 2009 20:48

K2 Conflict W/ Virtuemart Ajax Admin Category Search Drop Down Menu

I have had an issue with K2 2.0 and also K2 2.1 when it comes to the Virtuemart Ajax Backend Admin Category Search Drop Down Menu. The category search ajax dropdown drops down when a search query beyond three characters is executed but it hangs and ultimately dies without rendering any results. This issue was not eliminated with the upgrade to K2 2.1 and has been tested under both K2 versions with various versions of Joomla and Virtuemart.

The only way to fix this is by removing K2 completely. It is not enough to simply disable the K2 plugins. You must remove the K2 component, modules and plugins. Then, the Virtuemart category ajax search query works again.

ORIGINAL TWITTER
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

TWITPIC PHOTO
  • ric alien
10 Sep 2009 12:00
Upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1 Fatal Error was created by ric alien

Upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1 Fatal Error

I get this once i try to upgrade - had to reinstall preiovious version. Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() /components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 56
  • Matthew Cooke
10 Sep 2009 02:46
Replied by Matthew Cooke on topic Comments & Ratings

Comments & Ratings

Greg, I was so hopeful... but no luck... I downloaded the latest build, disabled and re-enabled K2 System, but still nothing. I've attached the errors I'm getting for both Comments and Ratings (Votes). If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me. I'm slowly disabling a number of other plugins to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Matt

greg said:Hi,
Sorry for previous post !
I just fix it ! (to do: unpublish K2 System and publish again! And that works)
Thanks Leteris Kavadas for your help !

Cheers, Greg

greg said:I just re install everything, follow instruction from K2_v2.0_build20090806-upgrade-from-v2-prerelease, think I vaen't done before.Updated database,And to finish, I have upgrade to K2_v2.1_build20090909, and..Rating is still not working and K2.js still not loaded !What can I do now, HELP !!!
  • Alan Sparkes
09 Sep 2009 12:32
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic Module search loses context

Module search loses context

Ah, Decide yesterday to not use K2 but to go with standard joomla setup and have uninstalled. :(

I think what might have been different/unusual was the existence of multiple menus in the menu manager. There was no duplication and I know this isnt helpful having nothing specific to test.....

Will happily share url on next K2 or a dev install when i get it running.

Decision to not use K2 was really multifaceted if you are interested. It was to do with not knowing the plugin methods and whether additional plugins would play nicely or future plugins. Mostly it was about the level of depth required for the project - the nested categories were initially a problem solver but it turns out that a flatter structure was also OK and preferred. Lastly , the site was multilingual and I couldnt see a way of getting attachments to only show different language files or allow uploads of alternative language files using JoomFish and the time given to deliver.
And interestingly, I had a "1.6 is coming" concern about upgrades and if multi categories was the main choice then Joomla 1.6 might be a safer route. Finally the K2 serialised data storage formats used by extended elements. Although the serialised data has some future proofing qualities, I liked the fact the ZOO CCK stored its extended data in xml in the database. It made it humanly readable and easier to edit directly if the occasion arose. Sadly they have no functionality for allowing attachments to articles which is a serious omission.

Thanks for pursuing this with me and sorry i cant show a url!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 does search hierarchically so there might be some other kind of problem. Can you please post a link to your site?
Alan Sparkes said:OK. So i checked this out. The scenario is this.

Category 'X' is published in Joomla menu. Item 'pageX' is published in the category 'x' in K2.

If you search k2 for the title of 'pageX' then it shows up but no item id is supplied. I woul d have thought it might have picked up the id heirarchically. Eg check for item, then category. Since the category is published and not the item there is no context/Itemid assignment for the search result.

I suspect that using the K2 module for rendering navigation gets around this but it doesnt work for my needs which is to split a menu and keep its context/Itemids intact.
  • Lefteris
09 Sep 2009 12:29
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments & Ratings

Comments & Ratings

Your plugin list is incorrect so the upgrade was not totally successful. You should have only one System K2 plugin ( these two have been merged ).

greg said:I have last version, K2_v2.0_build20090806. I think upgrade was succesful !
I checked by FTP , K2.js is on server into js folder
But I don't understand why it's not loaded.
Where I have to check to know if the code to load js file is present!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greg

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Does the k2.js file exists on your server? Please ensure that you are using the latest version. If you upgraded from a previous version then make sure that the upgrade was successful.greg said:I check my plugin list and I found:- Search - K2- System - K2 (Joom!Fish)- System - K2 (User)- User - K2All published! And ké.js it's still not loaded !Could you tell me if there another plugin system to install and where I am able to find it, please.Thanks in advanceLefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have no comments and rating because your page isn't loading the k2.js file. Please make sure that you have installed and enabled the system K2 plugin.greg said:It's same thing for me but only in rating systemwebsite : www.kayoo.ncto have rating do I configure something somewhere?
  • Lefteris
09 Sep 2009 11:55
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments & Ratings

Comments & Ratings

Hi. Does the k2.js file exists on your server? Please ensure that you are using the latest version. If you upgraded from a previous version then make sure that the upgrade was successful.

greg said:I check my plugin list and I found: - Search - K2
- System - K2 (Joom!Fish)
- System - K2 (User)
- User - K2

All published! And ké.js it's still not loaded !
Could you tell me if there another plugin system to install and where I am able to find it, please.

Thanks in advance

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have no comments and rating because your page isn't loading the k2.js file. Please make sure that you have installed and enabled the system K2 plugin.greg said:It's same thing for me but only in rating systemwebsite : www.kayoo.ncto have rating do I configure something somewhere?
Displaying 2161 - 2180 out of 2250 results.