Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"

• Dagmar Hellinger
  • Dagmar Hellinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 11 months ago #3505 by Dagmar Hellinger
hey,
the free version of sig works nice.

today, i buy and install the pro-version (after re-install the free version) and now ... my site do not work

error: Error 500 - Internal server error

so, i think, i need help

daggi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dagmar Hellinger
  • Dagmar Hellinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 11 months ago #3506 by Dagmar Hellinger
Replied by Dagmar Hellinger on topic Re: After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"
now, i have changed the galleries root folder and site works again

hey,
the free version of sig works nice.

today, i buy and install the pro-version (after re-install the free version) and now ... my site do not work

error: Error 500 - Internal server error

so, i think, i need help

daggi

More
16 years 11 months ago #3507 by JoomlaWorks
Some permissions issue, perhaps...  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 6 months ago #3508 by Mario Perdue
OK, I originally posted about this in the wrong forum and have since gotten more information...

I switched from the free version of SIG to the Pro version and I initially got the "Error 500 - Internal server error" as the OP. I've found that if I remove some of the images so that there are 20 or less in the directory, everything works OK. The free version was able to handle 4 to 5 times as many - it was slow however. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this limitation?

Mario

More
16 years 6 months ago #3509 by MindTooth
pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

This is a server error. Maybe the server can't handle the load of all the images. Check with your hosting company about the specs of the server.

Birger :)

More
16 years 6 months ago #3510 by JoomlaWorks
Mindtooth is right. You might have limited resources available from your hosting company. These resources are needed to create the thumbanails and take place every so and not on every page load (which is why SIG Pro performs better).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 6 months ago #3511 by Mario Perdue
Why does the Pro version require so much more in the way of resources. In testing I've done I can have a directory with 100+ images displayed using the free version (yes, it's slow) but the pro version can only handle 20 of these same images. That seems like an extreme difference to me.

I wish I could allocate more memory to this but the hosting co only allows 20M for PHP files. I wish I could move to a different server, but it's a customer website so I'm stuck with their host.

Mario

More
16 years 6 months ago #3512 by Mario Perdue
So, no one cares to speculate on what features are causing the Pro version to use more resources? I'm wondering if it might be possible to disable some of the code for features that I don't use to get the resource demands down.

Mario

More
16 years 6 months ago #3513 by mtwoll
I have a similar problem and I don't think it is a question of memory restriction, because I have still 500MB free and I'm trying to show only 60 small JPG's.

I'm trying to show two Entry points to a gallery with two times 30 pictures, but it only works when I put the big "starting pictures" at to different pages like this:
{gallery}/Image/part1/:500:300:1{/gallery}
{mospagebreak}
{gallery}/Image/part2/:500:300:1{/gallery}
Every time I remove the
{mospagebreak}

my frontpage shows:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [xxx] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3 Server at [xxx] Port 80

I don't want t go back to the slow free version without the image-cache, there must be a better way to get rid of that problem in the PRO-Version.

If there are more user of SIG Pro with that problem, please comment here: I hope JW will find an other solution than only telling us: "It's your providers fault".

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 6 months ago #3514 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"

I have a similar problem and I don't think it is a question of memory restriction, because I have still 500MB free and I'm trying to show only 60 small JPG's.

I'm trying to show two Entry points to a gallery with two times 30 pictures, but it only works when I put the big "starting pictures" at to different pages like this:

{gallery}/Image/part1/:500:300:1{/gallery}
{mospagebreak}
{gallery}/Image/part2/:500:300:1{/gallery}
Every time I remove the
{mospagebreak}

my frontpage shows:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [xxx] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3 Server at [xxx] Port 80

I don't want t go back to the slow free version without the image-cache, there must be a better way to get rid of that problem in the PRO-Version.

If there are more user of SIG Pro with that problem, please comment here: I hope JW will find an other solution than only telling us: "It's your providers fault".

Hi my friend!

First of all would be helpful a direct link to the issue!
I saw several times the same server error, on servers that doesn't support the GD2 library.
Can you please send me a link to see the problem and a s.administrator account to check out this issue?

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---