Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"

More
16 years 6 months ago #3515 by mtwoll
Hi George,

Hi my friend!
First of all would be helpful a direct link to the issue!
I saw several times the same server error, on servers that doesn't support the GD2 library.Can you please send me a link to see the problem and a s.administrator account to check out this issue?
Thank you!

thank you for willing to help us. I sent you a private mail. :)
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3516 by Osvaldo Jimenez
I GOT this message when I creat an article with a gallery:

* Internal Server Error
      The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.¨

I got into my administrator panel, I create a new article. After that I choose to insert a SIGP, to a folder inside my images/stories. After that all I got is the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR PAGE when i CLick on the article I have just created.

I can not even see the thumbnail of the gallery, and if I create the article and I set it to be seen on the front page, the system does not even load the frontpage of my website, it gives me the system error page.

What I can not understand is why some galleries work, and why some others dont, specially if I creat some new ones.

Is there any help¡

I nee help¡

More
15 years 11 months ago #3517 by Osvaldo Jimenez
I would like to thank all the moderators, and all the genius guys that work here at JOOMLAWORKS for their support. It has not been any helpful to me, but at least I have realized that sometimes is just a waste of time try to find some help.
For more than 2 weeks I have been battle with this internal server error.

I at least for me,. I have found the answer my self.

I got this folder name: "decks" I placed there 6 images, those images were above 200kb, some of then even 300kb. Which it seems to be to much for the SIMPLE IMAGE GALLERY PRO. So instead of spend a lot of money on a VPS server. What I did was very simple. I took those images to edit them on photoshop. I lower down the size of the images, and THANKS GOD now it works. So probably that would be a solution for you guys as well. At least I nail the solution for my problem.
Thank you "wonderful" people from joomlaworks, you were amazing at NOT HELPING ME AT ALL!

More
15 years 10 months ago #3518 by Geerd Ebeling
Changing the size cannot be the solution.

I have several directories with less than 20 pics in 800x600 72dpi less than 150k each.

SIG pro worked up to 3 galleries than the server error accured. I'm hosting at 1und1 in Germany.

SIG simply not works if the galleries exceeding a certain number of files / bytes.
It's a really nice idea and piece of software.

But it's not working in the real world...

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #3519 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"
Hi my friend!

Can you please post me the number of files / bytes where you see
that sig pro stops to work?

I'm too curious about that!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #3520 by Geerd Ebeling
Hi vinikey,

i have published a demo environment on a website

www.harzjagd.de

there under 'Wildkameras' you see 'SIG Test' pages with 2, 3, 4 and all galleries.
You can see the 'server error 500' issue as long as your browser cache is clean. If you get the error, just reload one or two times an the page shows up.

The galleries:

unikum-02-06-2008      19 files, 2,53 MB total
unikum-04-06-2008      15 files  1,28 MB total
unikum-12-06-2008      06 files  613 KB total
unikum-19-06-2008      17 files  2,19 MB total
unikum-24-06-2008      15 files  1,51 MB total

Thanks,

hidalgo

Hi my friend!

Can you please post me the number of files / bytes where you see
that sig pro stops to work?

I'm too curious about that!

Thank you!

More
15 years 10 months ago #3521 by Geerd Ebeling
Any idea what the reason is? Timeout while generating the thumbnails?

• Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #3522 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: After Installation "Error 500 - Internal server error"
Hi my friend!

I saw the server error when I clicked on "Test All".
This gallery contains around 6MB images.

It is strange because we have galleries with images more of 8MB of images and works.
But we have modify the "execution time" of the php.ini
Probably the server error we can see at your site is created cause the php doesn't have the necessary time to complete the "thumbnailing" cause of the value of the "execution time".

Can you, please, modify this value at your php.ini and retry the test?
It's just a test to see if the problem is that!  ;)

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
15 years 10 months ago #3523 by Geerd Ebeling
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is no php.ini in my system???
I'm a little bit confused  ???

• Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #3524 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Well, usually the host providers don't give the permissions to the clients to change the php.ini file.
There are times that give you the permission to use your php.ini file for any of the folders you want.

There are a php script command that modifies the max_execution_time of the php.ini
but doesn't work always, depends of the permissions gave from the host.
The command is
set_time_limit (0);

Is better to ask from your hosting administrator to increase the max_execution_time of the php.ini to 60 or 120 ( usually the default is 30secs ), than you use the php command.

In the next version of sig pro we are working to include a pagination feature.
With that will be no problems with galleries with a lot of images!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---