Keyword

thumbnails not working

More
16 years 1 month ago #1019 by Luciano
Replied by Luciano on topic Re: thumbnails not working
Same issue here.
I have SIG running since 10 months ago and everything was fine, now I have strange issue bugin me.

Sometimes all thumbs works fine, sometimes don't: Just a few thumbs loads and the rest of them just shows the image frame (red cross). When I hit F5, the loaded thumbs changes (the missing ones loads and the others don't), or all thumbs loads fine and after 3 seconds a few of them just broken again.

- running SIG 1.2.1 version
- All SIG plugin files are CHMOD 755, including the folder.
- server have GD2
- All images are .jpg files, sequential names (img01.jpg - img02.jpg - etc..)
- All images files have CHMOD 777
- This site was running by 10 months with no issues. no changes was made since first install (just joomla security issues).

Any help will be very appreciate.

Thank you very very much.

Luciano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1020 by MaxParfitt
Replied by MaxParfitt on topic Re: thumbnails not working
Hi i have tryed all of the above and still cannot get my site to show the pictures.

i am running J1.5 and am using the free version of SIG

my site is:

77.92.79.1/~rucuscou/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=4

with the front page being 77.92.79.1/~rucuscou/joomla

any help would be great

regards

Max

More
15 years 9 months ago #1021 by davidtaubmann
Replied by davidtaubmann on topic Re: thumbnails not working
Hi, I was in the same problem as you all!

BUT HERE's the solution:

THE PROBLEM DOES COMES FROM PERMISSIONS, you need to set ALL permissions from showthumb.php and ALL parent folders UP TO your ROOT to 755. That's it.

If you want to check if this is doing well, simply create a php file that executes any echo command like this one at the end, and it should run. If permissions are bad you'll get an 500 error (at least in my server did so).
<?php
echo "hello!";
?>

HAVE LUCK!  ;)

More
15 years 9 months ago #1022 by MaxParfitt
Replied by MaxParfitt on topic Re: thumbnails not working
YAY It works, caused a coupple of php errors in other places, but that is now sorted to!

Thankyou

Regards

Max

www.rucus.co.uk

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #1023 by Ricardo Da Cruz
Replied by Ricardo Da Cruz on topic Re: thumbnails not working
I am having a problem where the thumbnails are displaying to the right of the actual article on the page, but only the icons, not the actual thumbnails.

If I click on the icon, that image will show without a problem.  Is there a way to control the size of it?  It display the picture after clicking on the icon so huge that you have to expand it completely to see t, and if the picture is large enough you won't be able to.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I have a copy of Joomla 1.5 installed, locally on a Mac using MAMP as the "webserver".

More
15 years 8 months ago #1024 by fremmenn
Replied by fremmenn on topic Re: thumbnails not working
Hi All!

If you try CHMOD permissions and all of you can read at this post, mayby u can try this:

I have one solution for all users was experiment troubles with thumbails. The core of problem was in the GD library installation, for know it, just install a new directory with joomla 1.5.x and install SIG, if your permissions are Ok, and thumbails not appears probably this help to you. For fix this, you need to login as root in your server (or say to your administrator site) and type this:

(from windows yo can use putty.exe and your servr´s IP and Login)

yum install php-gd 

"and/or"

yum install gd-devel

When ask for updates type Y (yes) and the server will download the new updates.

Then, restart server.

For me was the solution.

Sorry for my english ;)

Best regards!