Keyword

How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?

More
15 years 11 months ago #14765 by supun
Hi,

I have no idea how to install the Easy Gallery mambot via the Joomla Administrator panel.  :(

I have downloaded the 'plugin_jw_sig-v1.2.1_j1.5.zip' file was downloaded to my Desktop.
Now, where do I go from here?

Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to install it within Joomla? I have to FTP the zip file..please give me detailed steps on how to do this..I have tried everything!!

Thanks,

Susie :o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #14766 by Clement Yeung
Replied by Clement Yeung on topic Re: How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?
I would also like help with this - I am a complete newbie to Joomla! but I am learning very fast.  I need to have a fully-functioning gallery up and running within a matter of days and I would really appreciate any input on this matter.

Perhaps I am blind but I cannot see any documentation anywhere on how to install this module.

Sincerely,

MishimaSan

More
15 years 11 months ago #14767 by mitokat
Version 1.5.x
Go to your admin and under extensions you will find instal/uninstal.  Click there and you will get a menu use the browse button to find the zipped file and click upload and install. 

This should work...

I am getting an error doing this in my last instal but it has worked in the past.  I am currently looking for the manual instal instructions but so far no one has been able to help me.  See other post on the board. 

More
15 years 11 months ago #14768 by supun
Hi Guys,

I forgot to tell u guys, I am using Joomla vn 1.0. mod_jw_ts appears under the "Installed Modules" page.

Now, how do I create a gallery on my page? I have created a "myphotos" directory in side "Media Manager", and have added my photos.

Can someone please tell me what HTML to add and WHERE??
Thanks,
Susie

More
15 years 11 months ago #14769 by Clement Yeung
Replied by Clement Yeung on topic Re: How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?
Ok I managed to figure it out.

As long as the plugin is installed as "Simple Image Gallery" in the Plugin manager... and you have created a folder called "myphotos" in the "/images/stories" directory, then you need to either go to an already existing article or publish a new article and simply add the string {gallery}myphotos{/gallery} anywhere in the body of text.

If you want to create multiple galleries then in the "/images/stories" folder, add something like "myphotos2" and then in the article, you can insert the code {gallery}myphotos2{/gallery} and so on.  The deal is, that they can be called anything you like - but by default the gallery is set to "myphotos".

I sympathise with you m8 since I'm not a Joomla! pro and the documentation on this stuff is not in plain view.

If you have any further problems come back and I'll try and help more.

More
15 years 11 months ago #14770 by b1u3fox
I don't understand you, mishimasan! Can you give us a more detailed explanation?

Has anyone else succeeded in the installation process?

I don't know what else to try!

P.S.: I'm using Joomla 1.5 and can't find the "Plugin manager" you're talking about in your post.

More
15 years 11 months ago #14771 by Clement Yeung
It's easy as 1-2-3.

Read carefully:

Download the Simple Image Gallery plugin and then open your browser.  Go to the administration area, and find the menu "Extensions".  Select the option "Install/Uninstall".

Where it says "Upload Package File", click the "Choose Package" button and find the SIG plugin you downloaded.

Once you've installed it, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is make an article, and place the code {gallery}myphotos{/gallery} inside of it.  Just copy and paste it.

There won't be any photos that will appear because you have not yet made the directory "myphotos".  You can do this via the Joomla! administration panel and through the "Media Manager" menu, by browsing into the "stories" folder and then adding the custom folder "myphotos" like so:

Once you've done this, there are buttons below to browse your PC and upload images to this directory.

It really is that simple.

MishimaSan

p.s. the folder "myphotos" is not a necessary name.  It could be called anything, that's why in this example I have my folders named gallery1, gallery2 and gallery3.  When I want to show the images for gallery2 I simply paste {gallery}gallery2{/gallery} into my article instead.

More
15 years 11 months ago #14772 by mitokat
Remember to enable after you upload and install. 

So for upload and install in 1.5 you go to: extensions/isntall and uninstall
To enable you go to: extensions/plugin manager look for your plug in and enable it (make it have the green checkmark)

More
15 years 11 months ago #14773 by b1u3fox
Thanks pals! But it didn't seem to be the problem.

I got a message "ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." every time I try to "upload & install" the sig plugin zip file.

Don't know what I am doing wrong.

-I have use the Mambots installer, from the Installers menu.
-The directories have write permissions.
-The .xml is in the package.
-The .xml has no errors.
-The safe_mode flag in the php.ini is off.
-The package is not double compressed.

I've also tried to uncompress and recompress the zip file, but it didn't work. I have downloaded another package, a component this time, and I got the same error.

Please give me a hand with this!

More
15 years 11 months ago #14774 by mitokat
Hi... well I have had this issue for quite a while and posted in every board I could think off.  Go to the joomla forum and search there there are several work arrounds.  The one that worked for me was to instal PHP5. 

Search by xml setup file, plug in error, and manifest file.  There are several threads in diff sections.  And I have not seen a full solution some things work for some people and some for others.