Keyword

How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?

More
15 years 10 months ago #14775 by Pegasus
If you are using Joomla 1.0 ...

1: Go to Installers -> Mambots

2: Click the Browse button in the "Upload Package File" section and locate your "plugin_jw_sig-v1.2.1.zip" file.

3: Click "Upload File & Install"

Hope this helps - it took me a while to figure out too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #14776 by stetsonshaffer
Replied by stetsonshaffer on topic Re: How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?
I have it installed in Joomla, however every time i go to access it from the back end and it say restricted access. It says this to me every time i go to access all my Mambots, can any one help????? Thank you!!!

More
15 years 8 months ago #14777 by James Ecklund
Replied by James Ecklund on topic Re: How do I install the Easy Image gallery Mambot?
It finally worked for me. I did have to copy and paste the code from the posts. I didn't work when I typed it in. That is a curly brace is it not?

Now has anyone figured out how to change the message that comes up with the picture? It would be great if we could caption the photos! Any ideas?

More
15 years 8 months ago #14778 by maurocam
Hi,

I am both a Joomla and a PHP newbie - decided I need a change from .NET - and I am struggling to get the SIG to work.

I have followed all the Plugin installation instructions, and also the folder creation instructions. But when I add the necessary text to my article and run preview, all I see is:

{ gallery }food{ /gallery }

{ gallery }myfolder{ /gallery }

To note that the "food" folder is one of the folders created by the Joomla installation under "stories".

Various people have spoken of permissions that need to be set. But I have not found a definitive email that specifies these. Other speak of the need to install PHP5. Is that necessary?

I am pretty close to abandoning, so please any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks