Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• Feanor Finwe
30 Aug 2011 21:57
Replied by Feanor Finwe on topic Article with Multi-Category

Article with Multi-Category

Category: English K2 Community

In developmii mod is bug - first you must create some content in joomla and then import to K2 (else in the categories aren't items). Then it work fine :)

HankBrown said:
Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here (in several threads of the forum) I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categor...
Apparently this guy, named Jason Hart, did some work on an own MultiCat-solution for K2 already. Sure, it is only an Aplha-Version and only in combination with K2 v.2.2 but it might be a good start for a complete solution to our all problem ... don't you think so too? I am unfortunately not a professional progammer myself but maybe you guys or the people of the K2-development team can give this guy Jason Hart a hand in what he already has started ...

Here is his website with the current Alpha-Version of K2 MultiCat as download: www.developmii.com/downloads/k2-multicat.html
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Aug 2011 23:01 - 19 Sep 2011 19:40

[UPDATE] August 23rd, 2011: Frontpage Slideshow v3.0.1 has been released

Category: Frontpage Slideshow

We have just released a minor update to Frontpage Slideshow, version 3.0.1.

This update fixes/adds/updates the following:
- Replaced Joomla date picker with jQuery UI date picker
- Add source type info in the slides list (e.g. Joomla! Article, K2 etc.)
- Add parameter check in "Movies" and "Uncut" slideshows for title and tagline (used in the navigation bar)
- New option added in the module and component menu item to completely disable jQuery if you already load it in your site and options to either load the library from a local copy (great for offline site building) or from Google's CDN. The slideshow engine is compatible with jQuery 1.5.x+ and we have included the latest 1.5 and 1.6 releases of jQuery.
- Moved jQuery's "no conflict" option within the slideshow engine script to address issues occurred in some sites with Mootools code being fired inbetween the slideshow engine and the initializer script, causing JavaScript conflicts.
- Corrected PHP warnings showing up in some server setups.
- Fixed "menu itemid" being added to slides using menu items as links, which pointed to external URLs (no need for the menu itemid).

Since v3.0.0, Frontpage Slideshow is fully compatible with Joomla! 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. To learn more, please read the updated product page at: www.joomlaworks.net/frontpage-slideshow

DOWNLOAD
You can download this version by logging into our PDS system at www.joomlaworks.net/pds or by email (which we have already sent to our newest customers).

IMPORTANT: SUPPORT FOR OLDER VERSIONS
With this new release, we are ceasing support for older versions 1.x.x and 2.x.x. We have moved all the posts regarding these versions in a new read-only board here: forum.joomlaworks.net/frontpage-slideshow-v1-v2-(for-joomla!)/

You can use it for your reference, but you cannot post new issues there.

If you use Joomla! 1.5 and v2.x.x of Frontpage Slideshow, we highly recommend you upgrade to v3.x.x to actively be supported.

UPGRADING
If you have v2.9.x installed in your system and want to upgrade to v3.x.x, you need to FRIST UNINSTALL the old version and install the new one, as both the database and slide image structure is changed in this newer version.

For more, please see the updated documentation page at: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/71/41/
  • biodun bilesanmi
10 Aug 2011 18:27
Replied by biodun bilesanmi on topic what can k2 do for me on a joomla site?

what can k2 do for me on a joomla site?

The ArtForms component is a package for an easy From Generator for Joomla.It allows you to generate as much Forms as you like, you can define all fieldsthat you need and also make file upload and attachment possible.The idea of the ArtForms is to give a tool that is enabling you to create adynamic forms in minutes within your Joomla! CMS.The key features are:* Possibility for create an unlimited amount of forms with unlimited fields and contents.* Possibility to edit component\'s css, language, settings and update easy from old versions.* Optional you can save all recived forms in database.* Custom Lay-out for every field.* View recived forms in FrontEnd.* Joomla\'s SEF support and added sh404sef support.* Joomfish support.* Newsletter Bridge (only Letterman for now).* Database Backups and easy updates from previous versions.* Captcha support with optional systems for every form (Alikon Mod, CaptchaForm, CaptchaTalk, reCaptcha, Alikon Mambot, SecurityImages and EasyCaptcha).* Language and Captcha audio support for spanish, english, german, hungarian, dutch, turkish, brazilian portuguese, french, italian and polish (polish without audio files).* And much more!Introduction
The ArtForms 2.1 project is a so called JArtForms and with this maintained by InterJoomla.You can find the project homepage, forum and all additional information athttp://jartforms.interjoomla.com.ar/ or in the Joomla! developer forge athttp://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jartforms/.Languages
In version 2.1 b7.1 you get spanish, english, german, hungarian, dutch, turkish, brazilian portuguese, italian, and french languages files. Polish too but incomplete with some texts in english yet.Please, if you can translate this or make a new language translation send me a copy to integrate your language into official package.IMPORTANT!
ArtForms uses Joomla\'s mail settings!!! check if that has been settedcorrectly!- Be carefull, this new beta have a new lay-out feature, check the fields\' layout of your existant forms.- For make menus you MUST download ArtFormsMenu-j10-2.1.b7-english.zip at joomlacode (spanish available also). If not you only can made url links.- Update-Package is only for update files with a ftp client, then you need go to update task and perform updates for your last ArtForms version (make a backup before that).- Added FCKEditor Frontend support (of course you need to have installed it).- When you update from old versions please don\'t forget to perform updates and check settings!- Frontend Recived Forms was disabled by default, if you need that please check settings. If you need to create a menu use URL option and write one of these:\" /index.php?option=com_artforms&task=ferforms \" or\" /index.php?option=com_artforms&task=tferforms \" .For include only one form add `&viewform=1` (where 1 it\'s the form that you only needs to show) Example: \" /index.php?option=com_artforms&task=ferforms&viewform=1 \" or\" /index.php?option=com_artforms&task=tferforms&viewform=1 \" .Or download new menu creator ArtFormsMenu-j10-2.1.b7-english.zip.- See changelog.
  • B_Dark
02 Jun 2011 05:15
Replied by B_Dark on topic Items in Multiple Categories

Items in Multiple Categories

anything news for the last version o k2???!?!

HankBrown said:
Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categor...
Apparently this guy, named Jason Hart, did some work on an own MultiCat-solution for K2 already. Sure, it is only an Aplha-Version and only in combination with K2 v.2.2 but it might be a good start for a complete solution to our all problem ... don't you think so too? I am unfortunately not a professional progammer myself but maybe you guys or the people of the K2-development team can give this guy Jason Hart a hand in what he already has started ...

Here is his website with the current Alpha-Version of K2 MultiCat as download: www.developmii.com/downloads/k2-multicat.html
  • Brenda
29 May 2011 02:35
Replied by Brenda on topic Uber Page Break does not create sef urls

Uber Page Break does not create sef urls

I made changes to Uberpagebreak not SH404SEF

I changed this file:

/plugins/content/UberPageBreak.php

and changed these lines:

161 // TOC page link

162 $output->links[$key]->pagelink = JRoute::_('&limit=1&showall=&limitstart='.($i-1));

186 // TOC footer link

187 $output->footerLink = JRoute::_('&limit=1&showall=1&limitstart=');

208 $output->navNextLink = JRoute::_('&limit&limitstart='.$page_next);

The whole file looks like this:

&lt;?php /*// JoomlaWorks "UberPageBreak" Plugin for Joomla! 1.5.x - Version 1.0// Copyright (c) 2006 - 2010 JoomlaWorks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd. All rights reserved.// Released under the GNU/GPL license: www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html// More info at www.joomlaworks.gr// Designed and developed by the JoomlaWorks team// ***Last update: June 25th, 2010****/// no direct accessdefined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');jimport( 'joomla.plugin.plugin' );class plgContentUberPageBreak extends JPlugin {  // JoomlaWorks reference parameters    var $plg_name                                = "UberPageBreak";    var $plg_copyrights_start        = "\n\n<!-- JoomlaWorks \"UberPageBreak\" Plugin (v1.0) starts here -->\n";    var $plg_copyrights_end            = "\n<!-- JoomlaWorks \"UberPageBreak\" Plugin (v1.0) ends here -->\n\n";            function plgContentUberPageBreak( &$subject, $params ){        parent::__construct( $subject, $params );    }        function onPrepareContent( &$row, &$params, $page=0 ){                // API    $mainframe    = &JFactory::getApplication();        $document     = &JFactory::getDocument();        $db                    = &JFactory::getDBO();                // Requests        $option         = JRequest::getCmd('option');        $view             = JRequest::getCmd('view');        $layout         = JRequest::getCmd('layout');        $itemid         = JRequest::getInt('Itemid');        $print           = JRequest::getBool('print');        $limitstart = JRequest::getInt('limitstart',0);        $showall         = JRequest::getInt('showall',0);        if(!$page) $page = 0;                        // Assign paths    $sitePath = JPATH_SITE;    $siteUrl  = substr(JURI::root(), 0, -1);        // Check if plugin is enabled    if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled('content',$this->plg_name)==false) return;            // Load the plugin language file the proper way        JPlugin::loadLanguage('plg_content_'.$this->plg_name, JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR);        // Simple performance checks to determine whether plugin should process further      if(strpos($row->text,'class="system-pagebreak')===false && strpos($row->text,'class=\'system-pagebreak')===false){          return true;      }            // Expression to search for        $regex = '#<hr([^&gt;]*?)class=(\"|\')system-pagebreak(\"|\')([^&gt;]*?)\/*&gt;#iU';                      if($params-&gt;get('intro_only') || $params-&gt;get('popup') || ($view!= 'article' &amp;&amp; $view!='item')){            $row-&gt;text = preg_replace($regex,'',$row-&gt;text);            return;        }                // For K2        if($option=='com_k2'){            if(!empty($row-&gt;fulltext)){                $row-&gt;text = $row-&gt;fulltext;            } else {                $row-&gt;text = $row-&gt;introtext;            }        }                // Clear pagebreak tags on print page        if(JRequest::getInt('print')){            $row-&gt;text = preg_replace($regex,'&lt;br /&gt;',$row-&gt;text);            return;        }                //
Get plugin parameters
                // Get Plugin info        $plugin =&amp; JPluginHelper::getPlugin('content',$this-&gt;plg_name);        $pluginParams = new JParameter( $plugin-&gt;params );                $pluginTemplate = $pluginParams-&gt;get('pluginTemplate','Default'); // to add to XML: Default or Tabs incl. on-the-fly MVC        $ubpPageTitle        = $pluginParams-&gt;get('ubpPageTitle',1);        $ubpTOC                 = $pluginParams-&gt;get('ubpTOC',1);        $ubpNavigation     = $pluginParams-&gt;get('ubpNavigation',1);        $ubpAllPagesLink= $pluginParams-&gt;get('ubpAllPagesLink',1);        $ubpPageCounter = $pluginParams-&gt;get('ubpPageCounter',1);        // Includes        require_once(dirname(__FILE__).DS.$this-&gt;plg_name.DS.'includes'.DS.'helper.php');        //
Head includes
        $pluginCSS         = UberPageBreakHelper::getTemplatePath($this-&gt;plg_name,'css/template.css',$pluginTemplate);        $pluginCSS         = $pluginCSS-&gt;http;        $headIncludes = '&lt;style type="text/css" media="all"&gt;    @import "'.$pluginCSS.'";&lt;/style&gt;        ';        //
Prepare the output
                // Find all instances of plugin and put in $matches        $matches = array();        preg_match_all($regex, $row-&gt;text, $matches, PREG_SET_ORDER);        // Split the text around the plugin        $text = preg_split($regex, $row-&gt;text);            // Count the number of pages        $n = count($text);        // We have found at least one plugin instance, therefore at least 2 pages        if($n &gt; 1){                    $output = new JObject;                        // TOC header title            $output-&gt;headerTitle = $row-&gt;title;                        // Set the page title            if($ubpPageTitle &amp;&amp; $page){                $page_text = $page + 1;                if($page &amp;&amp; @$matches[$page-1][2]){                    $attrs = JUtility::parseAttributes($matches[$page-1][0]);                    if(@$attrs){                        $row-&gt;title = $row-&gt;title.' - '.$attrs;                    } else {                        $thispage = $page + 1;                        $row-&gt;title = $row-&gt;title.' - '.JText::_( 'Page' ).' '.$thispage;                    }                }            }                        // TOC header link            $output-&gt;headerLink = JRoute::_('&amp;showall=&amp;limitstart=');                        // TOC header active class            $output-&gt;headerActiveClass = ($limitstart === 0 &amp;&amp; $showall === 0) ? true : false;                        $i = 2;            foreach($matches as $key=&gt;$match){                            $key = $key + 1;                                $output-&gt;links[$key] = new JObject;                            // TOC page link                 $output-&gt;links[$key]-&gt;pagelink = JRoute::_('&amp;limit=1&amp;showall=&amp;limitstart='.($i-1));                                // TOC page title                if(@$match[0]){                    $attrs2 = JUtility::parseAttributes($match[0]);                    if(@$attrs2){                        $title = stripslashes($attrs2);                    } elseif(@$attrs2) {                        $title = stripslashes($attrs2);                    } else {                        $title = JText::sprintf('Page #',$i);                    }                } else {                    $title = JText::sprintf('Page #',$i);                }                $output-&gt;links[$key]-&gt;title = $title;                                // TOC page active &amp; odd/even classes                $output-&gt;links[$key]-&gt;linkActiveClass = ($limitstart == $i-1) ? true : false;                $output-&gt;links[$key]-&gt;linkOddOrEvenClass = ($key%2) ? 'odd' : 'even';                                $i++;            }                        // TOC footer link            $output-&gt;footerLink = JRoute::_('&amp;limit=1&amp;showall=1&amp;limitstart=');                        // TOC footer active class            $output-&gt;footerActiveClass = ($showall == 1) ? true : false;            // Article text - we clean it up from the plugin tags on each created page            $output-&gt;text[$page] = str_replace("&lt;hr id=\"\"system-readmore\"\" /&gt;", "", $text[$page]);                                    // Page navigation            jimport('joomla.html.pagination');            $pageNavigation = new JPagination($n, $page, 1);                    // Page counter            $output-&gt;pageCounter = $pageNavigation-&gt;getPagesCounter();            // Page navigation links            $output-&gt;navPageLinks = $pageNavigation-&gt;getPagesLinks();            // Prev/Next navigation links            if($page&lt;$n-1 &amp;&amp; !$showall){                $page_next = $page + 1;                $output-&gt;navNextLink = JRoute::_('&amp;limit&amp;limitstart='.$page_next);                $output-&gt;navNextText = JText::_('Next').' '.JText::_('&amp;gt;&amp;gt;');            } else {                $output-&gt;navNextLink = '';                $output-&gt;navNextText = JText::_('Next');            }                    if($page&gt;0 &amp;&amp; !$showall){                $page_prev = ($page - 1 == 0) ? "" : $page - 1;                $output-&gt;navPrevLink = JRoute::_('&amp;limitstart='.$page_prev);                $output-&gt;navPrevText = JText::_('&amp;lt;&amp;lt;').' '.JText::_('Prev');            } else {                $output-&gt;navPrevLink = '';                $output-&gt;navPrevText = JText::_('Prev');            }                                                //
Render the output
            // Load the head includes            //UberPageBreakHelper::loadHeadIncludes($this-&gt;plg_copyrights_start.$headIncludes.$this-&gt;plg_copyrights_end);            //$document-&gt;addCustomTag($this-&gt;plg_copyrights_start.$headIncludes.$this-&gt;plg_copyrights_end);            $document-&gt;addStyleSheet($pluginCSS);            // Set the "all pages" output            if($showall &amp;&amp; $ubpAllPagesLink){                $page = 1;                $output-&gt;pageText = preg_replace($regex,'&lt;br /&gt;', $row-&gt;text);            } else {                $output-&gt;pageText = $output-&gt;text[$page];            }                        // Fetch the template            ob_start();            $getTemplatePath = UberPageBreakHelper::getTemplatePath($this-&gt;plg_name,'default.php',$pluginTemplate);            $getTemplatePath = $getTemplatePath-&gt;file;            include($getTemplatePath);            $getTemplate = $this-&gt;plg_copyrights_start.ob_get_contents().$this-&gt;plg_copyrights_end;            ob_end_clean();                        // Do the replace            if($option=='com_k2'){                if(!empty($row-&gt;fulltext)){                    $row-&gt;text = $row-&gt;introtext.'{K2Splitter}'.$getTemplate;                } else {                    $row-&gt;text = $getTemplate;                }            } else {                $row-&gt;text = $getTemplate;            }                    }    }} // End class/*** LEGEND: Page break plugin** &lt;b&gt;Usage:&lt;/b&gt;* &lt;code&gt;&lt;hr class="system-pagebreak" /&gt;&lt;/code&gt;* &lt;code&gt;&lt;hr class="system-pagebreak" title="The page title" /&gt;&lt;/code&gt;* or* &lt;code&gt;&lt;hr class="system-pagebreak" alt="The first page" /&gt;&lt;/code&gt;* or* &lt;code&gt;&lt;hr class="system-pagebreak" title="The page title" alt="The first page" /&gt;&lt;/code&gt;* or* &lt;code&gt;&lt;hr class="system-pagebreak" alt="The first page" title="The page title" /&gt;&lt;/code&gt;**/
  • Christopher W
21 May 2011 19:44
Replied by Christopher W on topic Changes with K2 v2.5

Changes with K2 v2.5

K2 (2.4) and JOOMLA 1.6

Compatibility Intergration ISSUES:

Check

Result

System - K2

Not Installed - Enabled

User - K2

Not Installed - Enabled

Search - K2

Not Installed - Enabled

Third-party plugin information

Check

Result

AllVideos Plugin

Not Installed

Simple Image Gallery PRO Plugin

Not Installed

ISSUE 1 A/:

PODCAST MANGER:

Content Plugin - The content plugin allows users to add a podcast player directly into an article by adding {podcast title} into the article editor

ISSUE: WILL NOT ADD PODCAST PLAYER DIRECTLY INTO AN ARTICLE

Sub issue 1a): (this plug-in Podcast Manager functions similar to and like “joomslide: plug-in by Joomlaworks) (Question: does “joomslide module” work with Joomla 1.6?)

Not yet I guess? Bring it on, please… Dutchman!

(in K2? )- [In 1.6 joomla editor, without K2, the

It does not integrate into the article under K2 editor …

Podcast Manager is fuctioning playing on website out of modules, so it works with Joomla 1.6! Is the issue is integration to K2! I think so, …?

ISSUES:#1B)

1)K2 parameters box in catagories not working.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: parameters box:

K2 functionality issue with Joomla 1.6

ISSUES #2A)

2) CONTNET MODULE

CONTNET MODULE WILL NOT SAVE AND PUBLISH!

IT SHOWS GREEN PUBLISHED ICON, DOES NOT APPEAR, WILL NOT SELECT POSITION TO PAGE,

content module problem, it WILL NOT CHOOSE A POSITION.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:

2b)Add items will not select on item

item page appears

will not click it on and run it ...

RESULT of the following:

1)K2 parameters box in catagories not working.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: parameters box:

ISSUES #2

2) CONTNET MODULE

CONTNET MODULE WILL NOT SAVE AND PUBLISH!

IT SHOWS GREEN PUBLISHED ICON, DOES NOT APPEAR, WILL NOT SELECT POSITION TO PAGE,

content module problem, it WILL NOT CHOOSE A POSITION.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:

2b)Add items will not select on item

item page appears

will not click it on and run it ...

RESUTL

Podcast Manager Editor Plugin - Integrates into the “article editor” = [(now in (K2 /version 2.4)/ Joomla 1.6)] , it will not integrate) by adding a "Podcast" button, allowing the user to select a podcast to insert into an article,
K2 functionality issue with Joomla 1.6

Joomla issue

Front page Slide show plugin

Version: Latest - downloaded May 21, from Joomlaworks

Not interlining

Receive this

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Same for Simple Image Gallery Pro

K2: version (2.4?). Version downloades is DNL ( … are you comfortable working with product underdevelopement? Yes ! This version is installed and working, with issues

Minor issues. Joomlaworks does work with joomla,

(2.4)with JOOMLA 1.6 INSTALLED: Basic functionality result is positive!

However, iSSUES:#1K2 (2.4) and jOOMLA 1.6

K2 Users , there is no selection key

# (box) Name / usernam

No box to select user

Is this correct

Issue 1AAA)

Is this correct

Why does is say not installed but enables?

K2 Plugins

HOPE TO Provide ?
  • Christopher W
21 May 2011 19:36
Replied by Christopher W on topic K2 Does Not Install on Wamp 2.1 Joomla Version 1.6.3

K2 Does Not Install on Wamp 2.1 Joomla Version 1.6.3

K2 (2.4) and JOOMLA 1.6

IT IS PHYSICALLY ON THE WEBSITE&lt;UP&lt; RUNNING&lt;BUT NOT SURE, NO previous K2 experience ..

TO: William and all

Compatibility Intergration ISSUES: K2 functionality issue with Joomla 1.6
Joomla issue Front page Slide show plugin Version: Latest - downloaded May 21, from Joomlaworks Not interlining Receive this JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file Same for Simple Image Gallery Pro
K2: version (2.4?). Version downloades is DNL ( … are you comfortable working with product underdevelopement? Yes ! This version is installed and working, with issues Minor issues. Joomlaworks does work with joomla, (2.4)with JOOMLA 1.6 INSTALLED: Basic functionality result is positive!
However, iSSUES:#1K2 (2.4) and jOOMLA 1.6
K2 Users , there is no selection key # (box) Name / usernam No box to select user Is this correct
Issue 1AAA) Is this correct Why does is say not installed but enables? K2 Plugins Check Result System - K2 Not Installed - Enabled User - K2 Not Installed - Enabled Search - K2 Not Installed - Enabled Third-party plugin information Check Result AllVideos Plugin Not Installed Simple Image Gallery PRO Plugin Not Installed
ISSUE 1 A/: PODCAST MANGER: Content Plugin - The content plugin allows users to add a podcast player directly into an article by adding {podcast title} into the article editor ISSUE: WILL NOT ADD PODCAST PLAYER DIRECTLY INTO AN ARTICLE
Sub issue 1a): (this plug-in Podcast Manager functions similar to and like “joomslide: plug-in by Joomlaworks) (Question: does “joomslide module” work with Joomla 1.6?) Not yet I guess? Bring it on, please… Dutchman!
(in K2? )- [In 1.6 joomla editor, without K2, the Podcast Manager Editor Plugin - Integrates into the “article editor” = [(now in (K2 /version 2.4)/ Joomla 1.6)] , it will not integrate) by adding a "Podcast" button, allowing the user to select a podcast to insert into an article, It does not integrate into the article under K2 editor … Podcast Manager is fuctioning playing on website out of modules, so it works with Joomla 1.6! Is the issue is integration to K2! I think so, …?
ISSUES:#1B) 1)K2 parameters box in catagories not working. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: parameters box:
K2 functionality issue with Joomla 1.6 ISSUES #2A) 2) CONTNET MODULE CONTNET MODULE WILL NOT SAVE AND PUBLISH! IT SHOWS GREEN PUBLISHED ICON, DOES NOT APPEAR, WILL NOT SELECT POSITION TO PAGE, content module problem, it WILL NOT CHOOSE A POSITION. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: 2b)Add items will not select on item item page appears will not click it on and run it ... RESULT of the following:
1)K2 parameters box in catagories not working. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: parameters box:
ISSUES #2 2) CONTENT MODULE - CONTENT MODULE WILL NOT SAVE AND PUBLISH! IT SHOWS GREEN PUBLISHED ICON, DOES NOT APPEAR, WILL NOT SELECT POSITION TO PAGE, content module problem, it WILL NOT CHOOSE A POSITION. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM: 2b)Add items will not select on item item page appears will not click it on and run it ... RESUlt

thanks for your help William

if you go to the site K2 is not on the front GO site&gt;Info &amp;Links Menu Bar&gt; GO K2&gt; then you will see K2 Menu bar /

all set up as a test /

very interested in hearing what you say,

I am very inexperienced,

You, on the other hand seem quite experienced ,

anything from you would be appreciated

I did not even know how to transport Joom files over to K2?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

site: www.abcenglishbrazil.com

• payforskill
18 May 2011 21:32

When new visitors register, they receive a confirmation email with a broken link

Just saw these posts &amp; happen to be trying to figure out how to stop the user's password from being displayed in the K2 registration confirmation e-mail - not sure if it's in the same place in the code where you could probably manually add your domain name (I'm guessing it's in the component/k2 php files...) will let u know if i figure it out. Hopefully someone else will help too!

As for not getting confirmation e-mails, what version of Joomla are you using? I think 1.6 has this problem - particularly if you're using Community Builder 1.4...

If you're only using K2, check your global configuration settings in the joomla backend. I.e. Make sure the radio button for "allow users to register" is selected and that your site URL &amp; admin e-mail address are correctly entered in the appropriate fields (think it's under system...might be server settings in global configuration)...

You can try sending a "simulated" mass e-mail through Joomla to make sure it's not a server-side problem...

hope this helps!
  • Make Good MEdia
20 Apr 2011 16:38
Replied by Make Good MEdia on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!

Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!

Well guys, i experienced the same thing. Turns out you should check the PHP version.  you might need to downgrade the PHP for it to work.

I presume the latest k2 component works in all PHP versions
  • william white
01 Apr 2011 01:06
Replied by william white on topic K2 and Media

K2 and Media

If you are talking about k2 item images, try this.

Add or Edit the item, add the image, and let k2 do its work.

If you want to change the image, add or edit the item, browze and upload another image, let k2 do its work

If you want to delete the image, edit the item, tick the delete image, and let k2 do its work

Its best not to mess with the image directories directly as k2 names things the way it wants them. It creates several versions of each item image that you can specify with the category settings to show in the category and item view.

If an item image is not showing in the front end, check first the item settings and be sure the item image is either set to inherit or show, next check the category settings for the same thing, of course in the view that its not showing up for you in.
  • Matthew Turk
26 Mar 2011 20:46
Replied by Matthew Turk on topic cannot see jce editor

cannot see jce editor

Me, too, exact same problem as fashion (K2 v2.4.1 and Joomla v1.5.22) ... anybody getting anywhere with this?

fashion said:
Hi, I have the same problem. Installed last version ok K2 and JCE (Joomla 1.5.22), configured JCE as default editor. if I create a new item in K2 the editor shows but when I want to edit an existing item the editor disappear (there is onli show/hide on top of the textarea, wich does not work). I tried to unpublish Tyny but with no result. Can you help me?
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:
Normally this should be easy and straightforward, just install JCE and K2, does not matter which comes first.

Check that you have set JCE as the default in Joomla Global Configuration &gt; Site Settings and change the default WYSIWYG editor.There is also possability to over ride this within the JCE parameters and also per user.

If you need further help, please ask here. 

Simon K2 Support 
  • fashion
23 Mar 2011 18:48
Replied by fashion on topic cannot see jce editor

cannot see jce editor

Hi, I have the same problem. Installed last version ok K2 and JCE (Joomla 1.5.22), configured JCE as default editor. if I create a new item in K2 the editor shows but when I want to edit an existing item the editor disappear (there is onli show/hide on top of the textarea, wich does not work). I tried to unpublish Tyny but with no result. Can you help me?

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:
Normally this should be easy and straightforward, just install JCE and K2, does not matter which comes first.

Check that you have set JCE as the default in Joomla Global Configuration &gt; Site Settings and change the default WYSIWYG editor.There is also possability to over ride this within the JCE parameters and also per user.

If you need further help, please ask here. 

Simon K2 Support 
  • dyddho
11 Feb 2011 16:10
Translation of k2 item freezes page was created by dyddho

Translation of k2 item freezes page

Howdy :)Joomla 1.5.22 | Joom!Fish Version V2.1.3 | K2 v2.2 | sh404sef  2.2.2.941I've got a weired problem :oI can do the translations of the K2 categories, tags, extra fields and the translations are shown.Whenever I try to translate a K2 item, the page will open, I can do some editing, the "extra fields" (already translated) are shown surrounded by source code. I can neither use - save- apply- closeThe page is totally unresponsive - I cannot reload it and have to call the backend anew.I also checked your thread - to no availhttp://community.getk2.org/forum/topics/joomfish-and-k2-how-do-they?xg_source=activityand this thread here:http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&amp;t=7634Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :DThank you.
  • Nexus Star
09 Feb 2011 22:15
Adding K2 menu item results in ERROR 403 was created by Nexus Star

Adding K2 menu item results in ERROR 403

Hi,

my problem is this when I try to add new K2 menu item from the back end I receive:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This happen only on my production server when I dawnload the full back-up site on my local server this error is not showing up.

My configuration on production are as follow:

Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable

PHP Version: 5.2.9

K2 2.4.1

My user is Super administrator in Joomla in K2 users I try with 

imported Super Administrator user

also change it to Site Owner and Registered

in all this cases I receive the mentioned above error.

My configuration on local (running on XAMP) are the same as on production:

Joomla 1.5.22 Stable

PHP Version 5.2.9

K2 2.4.1

Folder permisions on production are:

com_k2 - 755

com_menus - 755

I checked permision on sites hosted with same configuration on the same server they are the same but they all works :(

Please can you point me where to look for solution

• Brian Opyd
11 Jan 2011 22:55
K2 Comments: Where is My Comment Form? was created by Brian Opyd

K2 Comments: Where is My Comment Form?

I've been working on this one for a couple of days and can't seem to figure out what is wrong. 

In short I'd like to use K2 Comments, but I can't see the form to enter comments anywhere, on any article. Any ideas would be appreicated.  I will summarize what I have done so far to try to debug.

1. Upgrade to K2 version 2.4.1

2. Confirm that global, category, and even article level options all have 'Show Comments' set to yes

3.  Check that comments are turned on 'For Everyone'

4.  Changed templates to check that the issue was not related to an override

5. Changed comments so they are only visible to 'Registered users' no luck there either.

6.  Checked Page source, there seems to be no div tags related to displaying comments or a comment form.

Here is a link to one of the articles where I would like to enable comments.

• Olivier Karfis
24 Dec 2010 02:01
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

'One css per k2 template' plugin

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the offer, I'll give you access to a staging copy that exhibits the same issues.  I'll PM you the details.

Best,

--Olivier

Olivier Nolbert said:

Hi Olivier,

I've checked on the same configuration as yours : K2 v2.4.1, sh404SEF and css4k2 v1.2.5

I can't reproduce the problem. I think it comes from the custom template directory that is modified due to the extra url info but i really don't knwow how.

If i want to test further, i would have to test on your live website with a special version of the CSS4K2 plugin.

PM me if you want me to do this.

Regards,

Olivier
  • Jiliko.net
23 Dec 2010 12:44
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic 'One css per k2 template' plugin

'One css per k2 template' plugin

Hi Olivier,

I've checked on the same configuration as yours : K2 v2.4.1, sh404SEF and css4k2 v1.2.5

I can't reproduce the problem. I think it comes from the custom template directory that is modified due to the extra url info but i really don't knwow how.

If i want to test further, i would have to test on your live website with a special version of the CSS4K2 plugin.

PM me if you want me to do this.

Regards,

Olivier
  • Milan Stajkovic
30 Nov 2010 21:24
Replied by Milan Stajkovic on topic Copy Category

Copy Category

Milan Stajkovic said:*Copy button* Milan Stajkovic said:I did exactly what u said, its not workin for me. No category button in categories... By the way, i'm installing it to may local server, does that make any changes...? Tnx.. in advanced... irish said:Thank you for this "Jacob Friedman" it has been a big help. I had to figure out how to get it to work and since there were only two files in your post I went ahead and sorted out my issues and created a zip file with the correct paths and attached files. Hope you don't mind. The problem I was having with your code was that in the "models/categories.php at the end:" part, I had to replace the last " } " with your code. Now all you will have to do is download the attached zip file and extract it on your local system or hard drive and upload the com_k2 folder and all contents to your servers: administrator/components/ folder and overwrite the com_k2 folders and files. Only the changed files for the duplication (copy categories) will be overwritten. I have only tested this on K2 Component v2.3

Always! before changing core files make a backup in case you have problems.
Personally I keep a copy or backup of my server files on a disk in house. On test servers I usually browse all files to be changed on the server and rename them by adding "-saved" without the "quotes " to the end of a file name then upload the new files.

I have noticed that when trying to copy third level categories in number that it will only copy one at a time but if you copy any parent category along with its subs everything works just fine.
If you only want to copy the sub categories of the parent (to add them to another parent) just include the parent and once parent and subs are duplicated or copied select all subs and: 1) move the selected subs to an existing category or 2) rename the the parent and don't forget to check and see if the copied subs are attached to the correct parent which they should be once parent is renamed.
Hope this addition to Jacob Friedman's contribution helps...

Personally I think something like this should be expanded and included in the K2 Components core files as it is implicated in Joomla's core!
How about everyone else? please post comments so we can get this done....

Thanks again
irish

Problem solved, sorry the mistake was mine!
Works perfect! Should be included in default version!
  • Julien Nicolas Immobilier
30 Nov 2010 01:13
Replied by Julien Nicolas Immobilier on topic Copy Category

Copy Category

Excuse me... I was wrong !
It work and work well also on K2 2.4 and Joomla 1.5.22 !
Thanks a lot...
P.S : My error was a fault of attention. Take care to copy the file on ADMINISTRATOR ! LOL

julien.nicolas said:It doesn't work for me... Is there because of my Joomla version 1.5.22 ? I've the same version of K2 than you (2.3).
Too bad because it would have help me a lot !!! K2 is fantastic but this "button copy categorie" should make it terrific !
Too many time when the structure of categories is repetitive :(

irish said:Thank you for this "Jacob Friedman" it has been a big help. I had to figure out how to get it to work and since there were only two files in your post I went ahead and sorted out my issues and created a zip file with the correct paths and attached files. Hope you don't mind. The problem I was having with your code was that in the "models/categories.php at the end:" part, I had to replace the last " } " with your code.
Now all you will have to do is download the attached zip file and extract it on your local system or hard drive and upload the com_k2 folder and all contents to your servers: administrator/components/ folder and overwrite the com_k2 folders and files. Only the changed files for the duplication (copy categories) will be overwritten.
I have only tested this on K2 Component v2.3

Personally I keep a copy or backup of my server files on a disk in house. On test servers I usually browse all files to be changed on the server and rename them by adding "-saved" without the "quotes " to the end of a file name then upload the new files.

I have noticed that when trying to copy third level categories in number that it will only copy one at a time but if you copy any parent category along with its subs everything works just fine.
If you only want to copy the sub categories of the parent (to add them to another parent) just include the parent and once parent and subs are duplicated or copied select all subs and: 1) move the selected subs to an existing category or 2) rename the the parent and don't forget to check and see if the copied subs are attached to the correct parent which they should be once parent is renamed.

Personally I think something like this should be expanded and included in the K2 Components core files as it is implicated in Joomla's core!

Thanks again
irish
  • Julien Nicolas Immobilier
29 Nov 2010 17:42
Replied by Julien Nicolas Immobilier on topic Copy Category

Copy Category

It doesn't work for me... Is there because of my Joomla version 1.5.22 ?
I've the same version of K2 than you (2.3).
Too bad because it would have help me a lot !!! K2 is fantastic but this "button copy categorie" should make it terrific !
Too many time when the structure of categories is repetitive :(

irish said:Thank you for this "Jacob Friedman" it has been a big help. I had to figure out how to get it to work and since there were only two files in your post I went ahead and sorted out my issues and created a zip file with the correct paths and attached files. Hope you don't mind. The problem I was having with your code was that in the "models/categories.php at the end:" part, I had to replace the last " } " with your code.

Now all you will have to do is download the attached zip file and extract it on your local system or hard drive and upload the com_k2 folder and all contents to your servers: administrator/components/ folder and overwrite the com_k2 folders and files. Only the changed files for the duplication (copy categories) will be overwritten.
I have only tested this on K2 Component v2.3

Thanks again
irish
Displaying 161 - 180 out of 270 results.