Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• Pierre Balian
16 Oct 2009 00:21
Cant get items to show up under a category. was created by Pierre Balian

Cant get items to show up under a category.

Category: English K2 Community

So, I am new to K2. What I have done so far... installed the latest version, created a category, created 2 items in that category. I then made a menulink type itemlist category. I select the one category I have made so far.
When I go to the menulink I get this:

Where the hell are the items in the category? and why does the link on the left link to the same page I am already at? I checked the RSS link and it contains the items that I want to display under the category.

I made sure the items were published, I tried setting the view between default and blog, I looked through all of the setting. I can figure this out.
  • Lefteris
28 Sep 2009 12:35
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems related to comments

Problems related to comments

Hi. If you load both mootools and jQuery then ensure that jQuery is loaded in no conflict mode.

Jim Lahm said:As a follow-up, I checked further and found that the key difference between the two templates was that I was loading jquery-1.3.2.js in my new template. When I temporarily disabled it, the k2.js javascript error disappeared and everything worked. Is there some issue with both mootools and jquery being loaded at the same time?
Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded. Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function? Many thanks.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template. Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated! Jim
  • James Lahm
25 Sep 2009 23:55
Replied by James Lahm on topic Problems related to comments

As a follow-up, I checked further and found that the key difference between the two templates was that I was loading jquery-1.3.2.js in my new template. When I temporarily disabled it, the k2.js javascript error disappeared and everything worked. Is there some issue with both mootools and jquery being loaded at the same time?

Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Try to switch to the default Joomla! template. Also make sure that mootools.js is loaded.
Jim Lahm said:Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates. I am getting a single JavaScript error (as noted below) that is coming from k2.js. If this is the only javascript error, does it necessarily mean it is a K2 issue? I'm at a loss as how to track down the problem any further right now. Why wouldn't k2.js be able to find the addEvent function? Many thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Again for everyone having problems with the comments. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 with the bundled templates and tha you get no javascript errors on your page. If you get a javascript error it could be coming from any extension or even from your template. Jim Lahm said:I am seeing this problem also. The form has the correct "comment-form" id. I get a single javascript error on the page with the comment form of "$("comment-form").addEvent is not a function" in k2.js (line 14). After submitting the comment, it goes to index2.php and displays the message "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but the page is never refreshed. Any help from the K2 development team would be appreciated! Jim
  • Jonathan Dietz
24 Sep 2009 23:20
Database Error if K2 is installed was created by Jonathan Dietz

Database Error if K2 is installed

I am getting the following error whenever k2 is installed:

DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0

VERSIONS:
PHP: 5.2.4
MySQL: 5.0.51
Joomla: 1.5.11
K2: 2.1_build20090909

BACKGROUND:
I was able to install k2 and get it working without problem and was in the process of configuring it (so K2 was running smooth at one point.) I was setting up my K2 items and categories to mirror my joomla articles and categories in preparation for when i cut over the menu links to point to the K2 items instead of the joomla ones.

In doing so i had the K2 item and category names mirror the joomla article and category names. Once K2 was all setup i tested it by linking to one of the K2 items via my main menu and set the access level of the menu item to "special". when i reloaded the frontend that's when i got the error.

I tried all of these steps to get the error to not show up in the front end but none of them worked.
--Disabling the menu item
--Disabling the K2 items
--Deleting the menu item
--Deleting the K2 item and category

The only thing that fixed this problem was to uninstall K2. However, as soon as i reinstall K2 the error comes right back.

Also, the error was being displayed right where my main menu was and because i use sh404SEF, this was leading me to believe there was a conflict with the URLs that would have generated duplicate URLs for two separate content items.

Has anyone ran into anything remotely similar? Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
  • Pepex
17 Sep 2009 10:17
Replied by Pepex on topic Simple Image Gallery bug

Simple Image Gallery bug

Tnx, I will try

FreakShowTM said:@greg
the changes that i have done on K2 are on the templates..
please see the attached file..

@Pepex

that's odd.. i haven't touched the GD2 library check codes.. i'll try to do some tests if i have time.. try installing the unmodified version of simple image gallery if it still displays the same error message.. if it still displays the same error message, it is not my code that's the problem..
  • Tomasz Bieliński
12 Sep 2009 19:47
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

SIG Pro is a must. That is said by folks smarter than me. Additionaly I checked again and found that there is not a matter of editor (mea culpa that I advised so) but the K2 bug (probably?)
To show the gallery on the front end the options in category/subcategory view should be "show gallery", and additionally in item view option "show" to view the gallery. If I have in item view gallery option set "like in category" - gallery is visibile only for admin not from the front! I think it is probably a bug
There is no need to change the names of the files to small letters or to exclude "_" and numbers (as was advised in other posts).

Mark R said:just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.
  • Bart Pluijms
24 Aug 2009 14:58
Replied by Bart Pluijms on topic Problems related to comments

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The this behavior indicates a java script error. Please make sure that you don't get any java script errors from other extensions on your page. Also ensure that you are using the latest version of K2 as there is not mod_comments module, it should be mod_k2_comments.

Hello, thanks for your response.
I don't know how to check for Javascripts errors, but the error occurs on 2 different webpages with different extensions on it.

And. the module I use for the comments is the right one: Mod_K2_comments.
I upgraded it from the prelease.
Some sollutions for this problem?

Is it possible it is a problem which occured by upgrading from the prelease?

I am waiting for your response. Thank you!
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Aug 2009 23:16 - 17 Nov 2012 21:10
November 4th, 2009: SuperBlogger v1.5 was created by JoomlaWorks

November 4th, 2009: SuperBlogger v1.5

Category: Product Updates [Archive]

We're happy to announce the immediate release of version 1.5 for SuperBlogger.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.5
- Image processing: if enabled, it will not format the introtext images
- Latest articles bu author: it will not display an article which is programmed to be published in the future
- Images with spaces in their names will now be processed just fine by SuperBlogger
- SuperBlogger will play just fine with K2 now if both are installed on the same Joomla! website
- DISQUS comments counter: It has been checked to work on all browsers - documentation will now suggest to enable SEF on your Joomla! site before going live, as Disqus prefers SEF formatted URLs
- Other minor improvements to the code for slightly better performance.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.4
Version 1.4 addresses a conflict with sh404SEF ("white page" issue). SuperBlogger is now fully compatible with the latest version of sh404SEF.
If your site utilizes sh404SEF it is highly recommended to install v1.4 of SuperBlogger.

CHANGELOG FOR 1.3 (released August 23rd)
Version 1.3 improves current features of the plugin and addresses successfully all reported bugs or inconsistencies since v1.2.

Among others, the most notable fixes and additions are:
- proper remote file handling, without the need for "allow_url_fopen" to be set on the user's server
- plugin checks if the "introtext" is set to show or hide when viewing the article page
- added check for fulltext, if it does not exist then the class "fulltext" is applied to the introtext and the text is not "emphasized"
- more strict CSS styling so that background images set to list elements from the template will not conflict with SuperBlogger
- corrected processed images paths for Windows based servers
- a nice icon to indicate that a "full size" image is available (overlay on the image)
- the "latest articles by..." or the "latest tweets by..." blocks will auto-expand if one or the other is unpublished
- minor change in the Disqus comments code to make sure the "comments counter" feature works properly for Joomla! websites with SEF URLs off. This option will function properly for new posts only and not any old ones, if you already run a SuperBlogger powered Joomla! blog.

INSTALLATION / UPGRADE
After you download the zip file, use the Joomla! 1.5 installer by navigating to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall and then choose to upload the zip file.

You also need to enable the plugin, so navigate to Extensions >> Plugin Manager, locate "SuperBlogger" and choose to enable it. To set the various parameters of the plugin, just click on its name to access it's parameters page.

If you are upgrading from an older version of SuperBlogger, you do not need to uninstall the old version first. Simply head over to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall and choose to upload the new file. All plugin files will now be updated maintaining your settings.

DOCUMENTATION
The documentation has been slightly updated due to the new upgrade process. You can find SuperBlogger's documentation here: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/57/41/

Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks!  :)
  • Bryan Smith
12 Aug 2009 14:02

is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...

thanks Konstantin.

I actually think my issue was due to the way I was creating the zip file or my filenames in the zip.

I've got the galleries working now!!

Konstantin Zhilin said:Hey Lownotes,
I was hopelessly trying to find a way to make SIG (free) to show up in K2 items, and after all decided to give the PRO version a try! And it works :) Here's my check-list:
- install SIG Pro plugin
- delete everything from /media/k2/galleries/ folder, to make sure you upload fresh galleries for every item

In plugin settings:
- set "Root folder for image galleries" to be: /media/k2/galleries/
- set "Popup engine for image galleries" to be anything except jQuery, as it kills K2 item editing and controls in some cases. You can change this at any time, so don't panic!

In Category settings:
- make sure you have "Show item image gallery" set to Yes for categories where you have items with galleries.

That should be it, Good luck!
My work in progress can be seen here: access.glazedeye.co.uk/showers/item/1-test-shower-1
  • Konstantin Zilin
25 Jul 2009 22:49
Replied by Konstantin Zilin on topic is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...

is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...

Hey Lownotes,

I was hopelessly trying to find a way to make SIG (free) to show up in K2 items, and after all decided to give the PRO version a try! And it works :) Here's my check-list:
- install SIG Pro plugin
- delete everything from /media/k2/galleries/ folder, to make sure you upload fresh galleries for every item

In plugin settings:
- set "Root folder for image galleries" to be: /media/k2/galleries/
- set "Popup engine for image galleries" to be anything except jQuery, as it kills K2 item editing and controls in some cases. You can change this at any time, so don't panic!

In Category settings:
- make sure you have "Show item image gallery" set to Yes for categories where you have items with galleries.

That should be it, Good luck!
My work in progress can be seen here: access.glazedeye.co.uk/showers/item/1-test-shower-1
Displaying 261 - 270 out of 270 results.