Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Joomla K2 user extra fields)

• Michelle
27 Jan 2013 17:58
K2 User Submissions was created by Michelle

K2 User Submissions

Category: English K2 Community

I'm not sure where else to post this, but I thought it might help someone who's been just as frustrated as me. I love the look, feel and easy of use of K2 and don't want to use Zoo...I don't like the commercial look and complication.

I have an equine website that includes directory listings such as businesses, clubs, farms and stallions. Each one of them will have their own category and custom fields.

I've been searching for a way to have registered users submit forms on the front end that included images and extra fields in a given category that would then be sent to admin for review before posting. Every submission I tried to date would only show basic title and text information with no extras (maybe I was missing something).

I tried K2 Story thinking it would be the answer, but it didn't work for me. It wouldn't submit end user forms to the admin. I found in another post here it has something to do with using apostrophes in any of the fields and magic quotes. When I didn't use apostrophes, I'd get the forms in admin. I guess there is a work around by fiddling with code, but I don't know enough to do that without it going horribly wrong.

Anyway, today while searching, I found a post at www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/k2-part2/ that I tried and it works brilliantly. You basically setup user groups in K2 and set the categories they can post to (I never tried this, duh!). The only drawback if you could call it that, is that it's a little more than your basic form (popup looks like the admin items page). It's not as straight forward to users because of the tabs, but I figured I'd just make a tutorial for users.

If K2 Story doesn't work, give this a try. It's going to save me further headaches. :)
  • Peter Grube
20 Dec 2012 09:30
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Displaying certain Extra Fields on Category Item

Displaying certain Extra Fields on Category Item

Hi Olgri,

Strange it's not working for you, it works on both my localhost / wamp server & on my Live site. Here's my cat_item.php overide code the Extra Field Alias is Price.

• Nikolas Tichy
16 Dec 2012 22:22
User must add an Image!! was created by Nikolas Tichy

User must add an Image!!

Hi, I want that user must add an Image (With the "Image Tab" from the Editor). Does somebody know what code I have to put in there? herese the section from the itemform.php document

Joomla.submitbutton = function(pressbutton){
if (pressbutton == 'cancel') {
submitform( pressbutton );
return;
}
if (\$K2.trim(\$K2('#title').val()) == '') {
alert( '".JText::_('K2_ITEM_MUST_HAVE_A_TITLE', true)."' );
}
else if (\$K2.trim(\$K2('#catid').val()) == '0') {
alert( '".JText::_('K2_PLEASE_SELECT_A_CATEGORY', true)."' );
}
else {
syncExtraFieldsEditor();
\$K2('#selectedTags option').attr('selected', 'selected');
submitform( pressbutton );
}
}
  • jarod159
15 Dec 2012 13:44

show all articles by clicking on my extra field...

Hi at all,
i'm working on a new site for a magazine.

I'm using k2 with extra fields and i need an information...

i have two extra fields: name - surname of the author of content.
Attention, he isn't a Joomla user or editor ...

Now i need to find a solution to show all articles written by the same author by clicking on the surname extra field.

for example:

I'm reading article 1 written by john doe...
if i click on "doe" the system show me all articles written by john doe
may be it's similar to k2 tags ... but i don't want use tags... :(

Please help !!!!

thanks a lot ...
  • Peter Grube
11 Dec 2012 01:29
Template Overide 101 was created by Peter Grube

Template Overide 101

Hi everyone,

I have just created a template overide which mainly consisted of putting most extra field , Video & Image Gallery in Tabs. The result maybe seen Here .

I guess I should have asked this question before proceeding, It's in regards to the following elements and what is the consequence of the changes I made.

• Fabio Masi
15 Nov 2012 15:52
Replied by Fabio Masi on topic frontend editor error with extra fields

frontend editor error with extra fields

I have a problem in the Saving of new items containing Extra Fields by Registered Users: when the registered user clicks on Save after having filled up the New K2 Item Form, the result is that the item is saved with all the fields but Extra Fields; it seems that only SuperUsers can save Extra Fileds effectively.

I'm using K2 v2.6.1 with Joomla! 2.5.6

After having Saved the Item the Registered User ends up in a white page or in an Error page instead of being redirected.

Anyone can help me? I've controlled all the Users permissions as also I don't have any other K2 plugin.

More tests done: the unsaved Extra Field bug happens every time the New Item is produced by the Frontend Form, even for Super Users, while it works properly from the Backend.

Regards
  • Lefteris
05 Nov 2012 13:55
Replied by Lefteris on topic extra fields in K2 2.6.1

extra fields in K2 2.6.1

@tserts

Please ensure that the user is allowed to post HTML content. You can see the text filters under Joomla! Global Configuration->Text Filters
  • william white
30 Oct 2012 20:04
Replied by william white on topic Forms, etc in Joomla/K2

Forms, etc in Joomla/K2

Front end editing with k2 will require the user be logged in and to create a new item in an existing category. Extra fields could be used to capture the content as well as attachments if they wanted to attach a document.

There are many form submission components that you will find on the joomla.org site if you go to the extensions directory and search for forms
  • Michael
30 Oct 2012 17:50
Replied by Michael on topic [bugreport] content in extra fields

[bugreport] content in extra fields

already tried that, it removes still all html tags. its on the k2 side, not joomla.
i'm a really experienced joomla user, template creator since mambo 4.x ;)

it's not joomla, trust me

it stores everything you write into the textarea field without html tags in the database
  • Hermann Spörl
30 Oct 2012 09:53 - 30 Oct 2012 10:02
Slow Queriey using K2 was created by Hermann Spörl

Slow Queriey using K2

Hey!

We are using K2 with Joomla 2.5.7 on our rock-webportal www.legacy.de
Our website sometimes runs out of service while we are editing items with K2.

The server log shows some slow queries caused by K2 that push our MySQL-Server to 100% which kills our website for some minutes. The queries often last for about 2-3 minutes.

Any ideas, what can cause this slow queries and how to avoid these embarrassing downtimes?

Thank you for your support in advance!

Regards
Ingo

Here's the server-log for that slow queries:

# Time: 120815 10:21:26
# User@Host: legacy[legacy] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 112.302907 Lock_time: 108.990503 Rows_sent: 10 Rows_examined: 15645
SET timestamp=1345018886;
SELECT i.*, c.name as categoryname,c.id as categoryid, c.alias as categoryalias, c.params as categoryparams FROM legacy_k2_items as i LEFT JOIN legacy_k2_categories AS c ON FIND_IN_SET( c.id , i.catid ) WHERE i.published = 1 AND i.access IN(1,1) AND i.trash = 0 AND c.published = 1 AND c.access IN(1,1) AND c.trash = 0 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2012-08-15 08:19:34' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2012-08-15 08:19:34' ) AND MATCH(i.title, i.introtext, i.`fulltext`,i.image_caption,i.image_credits,i.video_caption,i.video_credits,i.extra_fields_search,i.metadesc,i.metakey) AGAINST ('secrets* of* the* m*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND i.catid IN (20) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.id DESC LIMIT 0, 10;
  • Judah Raine
15 Oct 2012 10:34
Pre-purchase questions for K2 add ons was created by Judah Raine

Pre-purchase questions for K2 add ons

Hi there, I've downloaded the component and started working through the training video's, and must say I like the look of K2 enough to want to purchase both the story and multi-category components. Before I do, however, I would like to make sure that these will in fact do what I need as per my questions below:

a) I need to be able to create custom form and article layouts for users to submit articles in the frontend. These articles (in various categories) will not be available for the original authors to edit so I'm looking for
Article in Category A to have a specific layout, B a specific layout, C.... The form should simply be the means to capture the information I need displayed in a pre-specified layout as a Joomla / K2 article.

b) I have a specific need for a review site that works as follows: Authors / publishers submit a review request (specific form) together with upload of their e-book. Public can submit request in the frontend.
These are then saved to articles with a download file (which only allows one download, and hopefully can record who downloaded). Reviewers log in on front end and access article management, can then edit the article to add their review and rating (two extra fields needed here). The finished article then displays in the relevant categories (need multiple categories for the reviews). ONLY reviewers have access to view and edit the articles in the middle step. Thereafter only admin can edit or delete, once review is finally posted, but the articles are available for public view.

c) categories and multiple categories. I realise that there are going to be overlaps in categories. e.g. The reviews section will have the same sub-categories as the bookstore section, e.g historical, western. and books will also belong to more than one category e.g. both historical and western. I'm concerned that same sub categories will cause conflicts, or that searches in bookstore categories will bring up review categories. This might not necessarily be an issue (if reviews are available for books in the bookstore) but could be a problem if the search brings up review requests which are in the "middle phase". It is imperative that only reviewers (and only one reviewer per book) may download these books in order to review them.

These are my basic queries and I would be most grateful if someone could assist. I am desperately trying to complete the site as soon as possible and would like to purchase what I need today if possible.

Many thanks
Jude
  • chris
09 Oct 2012 09:11
Replied by chris on topic Error with K2 v2.6.0 and new Joomla 2.5.7

Error with K2 v2.6.0 and new Joomla 2.5.7

If anyone still has this problem and is really annoyed by the error message there is a simple fix.
The problem occurs because of the line 360

K2Model::addIncludePath(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models');

in file plugins/system/k2/k2.php

you can replace it with the following,

require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'item.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'categories.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'category.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'comments.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'cpanel.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'extrafield.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'extrafields.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'items.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'model.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'settings.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'tag.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'tags.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'user.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'usergroup.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'usergroups.php');
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'models'.DS.'users.php');

basically instead of using the method addIncludePath to include the files in the model folder you call require_once for each file in the modle folder.
  • Christian
04 Oct 2012 07:34
Replied by Christian on topic Blank User Groups, Extra Fields, Extra Groups

Blank User Groups, Extra Fields, Extra Groups

Get the same problem after Upgrade with JUpgrade from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5!! Then install k2 Version K2_v2.5.7, because there wasnt the Component.
Solution: I've copied the files from K2_v2.5.6 in the folder and it works!!
  • Kyle
26 Sep 2012 07:57

Cant add k2 extra fields in user profile

Hi

I have installed k2 extra fields extension here . Added the group and fields, but they don't show when I edit the user profile. Anyone able to help me?

Regards
Kyle
  • Eddie
23 Sep 2012 20:04
Replied by Eddie on topic Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?

Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?

I have made some test with K2 installed with Joomla 2.5 locally.

For some questions i didn't find a solytion, so please help me.

1) can i have a point system, giving points for helpful comments, users post below K2 items?
3) can i have multiple rate votes, giving on total?
2) can i choose the position where the extra fields will be display when selecting an item? (ie. to have extra fields, below tiilte and before text.

Thanks

Eddie
  • Necati Papakci
06 Sep 2012 17:59 - 06 Sep 2012 18:00
Extra Fields: Extract Day+Month from Date was created by Necati Papakci

Extra Fields: Extract Day+Month from Date

Hi K2 Community,

i need some help with this task:

I have an extra field of the date type. With the Joomla language override i can modify the format the way i need, for example DD.MM.YYYY. But i also need the day and month variables for a little calendar sheet icon im using next to the date, like this

|MM| DD.MM.YYYY
|DD|

Its really important that both appears at the same time, so the user just needs to select only one date in one extra field. How can i manage this?

Thx in advance
  • Davide Marchi
09 Aug 2012 10:55
Dopo aggiornamento K2 2.5.7 was created by Davide Marchi

Dopo aggiornamento K2 2.5.7

Category: Comunità italiana K2

Ciao,
ho aggiornato K2 alla versione 2.5.7, su Joomla 1.5.23.
Ora sia nel menù di amministratore che nei vari menù del frontend, ho delle voci precedute da "K2_" come:

backend:

K2_ITEMS
K2_CATEGORIES
K2_TAGS
K2_COMMENTS
K2_USERS
K2_USER_GROUPS
K2_EXTRA_FIELDS
K2_EXTRA_FIELD_GROUPS
K2_MEDIA_MANAGER
K2_INFORMATION

frontend:

K2_YOU_HAVE 0 K2_PUBLISHED_COMMENTS
K2_ADD_NEW_ITEM
K2_MY_PAGE
K2_MY_ACCOUNT
K2_MODERATE_COMMENTS_TO_MY_PUBLISHED_ITEMS

forse manca il file della traduzione in italiano?
dove eventualmente potrei reperirlo?

grazie infinite
  • Conrad
24 Jul 2012 12:10

Extra Fields DropDown from external data(json,csv)

Thanks for your quick reply William. I'm not sure to understand what you are meaning. Especially which page you mean to overwrite.. Also not how to achieve an automation of this..

Please let me explain in which direction my thoughts to solve this issue are going (btw I'm totally new to joomla and K2 - but I'm developing dynamic websites with php (symfony/zend) with jquery etc.. for many years.. but I don't know a "right" way how to achieve these changes to K2/Joomla yet :)

Its important to me that the user has a simple dropdown field, it has to be as simple as possible for him to choose the related JoomLeague Match. Fow now, I would hack the ExtraFields template with some custom javascript to perform an ajax request to load all matches (from json,csv) and hide my match_id field, then add a dropdown which enters the Id onSelect into my match_id field..

But hacking a template for just one feature seems like a very dirty solution.. if you have some hints/ideas how I can build my own little extension for K2 ExtraFields, so I don't have to modify the core template, it would me help very much - also others ideas as well :)

In the end, all of this won't be published on the website where joomla is running, it will only be used for a custom json interface to fetched by an iphone app.. so actually all my data needs still to be catched from custom queries..

Thanks, Conrad
  • william white
23 Jul 2012 16:59 - 23 Jul 2012 17:00
Replied by william white on topic Extra Fields DropDown from external data(json,csv)

If you have another system that has a place for the K2 itemid, you could create an override that would display the itemid directly in the category or item view and your users could get it from there and enter it into the other system manually.
Automating this would be similar to any other bridge like the one that "syncs" the joomla users and the k2 users
If your going in the other direction it would seem to me it would be more difficult
  • Conrad
23 Jul 2012 15:22

Hi all,
my issue is follows:
I need to build a custom matchreport with K2 that has a connection to the beautiful JoomLeague Plugin with more custom data than JoomLeague provides (like more Images, Videos etc.. perfect for K2) - But I can't let the user look for a MatchId with Firebug and enter it manually into a text field to get the relation to the league (which is basically the functionality I need) - so I was wondering if I could fetch this data from somewhere else using json or a csv list.. whatever.

I would build this little interface by myself, even outside joomla if necessary, so anything is possible :) I appreciate every tip/hack you guys can give me, to get this running :)

Thanks,
Conrad
Displaying 121 - 140 out of 248 results.