Keyword

No video or audio.

• just Clive
  • just Clive's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 11 months ago #2891 by just Clive
No video or audio. was created by just Clive
Hi all.

I've installed the plugin. Created the "videos" folder and uploaded an mov file to it, added the {mov}filename{/mov} to the content item, but no video playing. I'm using joomla version 1.0.12. and looking at it in Safari, Firefox, and IE6. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #2892 by rspeiser
Replied by rspeiser on topic Re: No video or audio.
Same here.  I had an earlier version installed on another site that worked, but 2.4 freshly installed doesn't.  I get the quicktime logo in a box, but nothing is loaded or played.

Russ

More
16 years 10 months ago #2893 by chris24
Replied by chris24 on topic Re: No video or audio.
What type of video are you using? and what is the exact name of the file you are using? including the .smv, avi etc at the end.....

More
16 years 10 months ago #2894 by rjkdb
Replied by rjkdb on topic Re: No video or audio.

What type of video are you using? and what is the exact name of the file you are using? including the .smv, avi etc at the end.....

I'm having a similar problem with our website, see new content item '{mpg}test{/mpg}' with test.mpg file uploaded to standard /images/stories/videos folder: www.deblois.nl/reint&christa/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=32).Tips suggestions?

More
16 years 10 months ago #2895 by rjkdb
Post 'I'm having a similar problem with our website...' is mine by the way: user 'rjkdb'.

More
16 years 10 months ago #2896 by dansus
Replied by dansus on topic Re: No video or audio.
Same here. does this plugin just not work??

>:( ??? ;D

More
16 years 10 months ago #2897 by countryboy
Replied by countryboy on topic Re: No video or audio.
Same thing.  www.jrvideo-services.com. Samples under Video tab.  I have done the same thing at another site with same server and setup so I know it can work. Is there a problem with the location of the mambot in the order.  It is listed 2nd.  I am trying to display a .mov video.  The only differece is the other site I only tested with .flv file. I have the video in images/stories/videos directories.  Directories are F (for testing purpose temporarily)on a IIs server.  The code is {mov}name_of_file{/mov}.  I get the plug into show up, but no video or QT logo.

More
16 years 8 months ago #2898 by rjkdb

Hi all.

I've installed the plugin. Created the "videos" folder and uploaded an mov file to it, added the {mov}filename{/mov} to the content item, but no video playing. I'm using joomla version 1.0.12. and looking at it in Safari, Firefox, and IE6. Any ideas?

Thanks.

TIP: Had difficulties earlier. I had to remove the '&' character in the root of my website (tip of Fotis, brain behind the plugin) and switched to wmv- and/or flv-video file formats (mpeg not suitable for streaming)! Good luck. RJ

More
16 years 8 months ago #2899 by rjkdb

Same here.  I had an earlier version installed on another site that worked, but 2.4 freshly installed doesn't.  I get the quicktime logo in a box, but nothing is loaded or played.

Russ

TIP: Had difficulties earlier. I had to remove the '&' character in the root of my website (tip of Fotis, brain behind the plugin) and switched to wmv- and/or flv-video file formats (mpeg not suitable for streaming)! Good luck. RJ

More
16 years 8 months ago #2900 by rjkdb

Same here. does this plugin just not work??

>:( ??? ;D