In short, the most important features of the service are realtime comments, inline media embedding, mobile commenting, social integration with Twitter, Facebook & other services and great moderation & anti-spam tools.
You can learn more about all Disqus features here.
Signup for a free account at https://disqus.com.
USING DISQUS ON YOUR JOOMLA! WEBSITE
After you signup for an account and add your website or blog at the Disqus dashboard, all you have to do to integrate Disqus in your Joomla website is copy your subdomain name (shortname) over to the (content) plugin's related field.
- Options for comments counter/anchor link for listing and article pages
- Choose to integrate Disqus comments in specific categories and/or menu items
- Neutral design for easy integration on any template design
- Fully MVC skinnable. Just copy the /plugins/content/jw_disqus/tmpl folder (in Joomla 1.5) or /plugins/content/jw_disqus/jw_disqus/tmpl (in Joomla 2.5+) inside your Joomla template's /html folder, rename to /html/jw_disqus and start tweaking the HTML and CSS!
- Scrolling effects for anchor links
- Option for testing Disqus comments plugin locally before going live.