Keyword

TITLE change in HTML for ADA compliance

More
2 years 7 months ago #179351 by Paul
Good day.

I was working on a charitable org web site today adjusting to make sure their content is ADA compliant. One of the items on the page is a youtube video inserted with the AllVideos player.  Running a compliance test it shows the contents title tag as:"Accessibility Components: 1 title: JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player"To comply with ADA rules I need to change that title to one descriptive of the video's content.  Where do I alter titles of videos to comply with Federal ADA rules for visually impaired using screen readers?

I have tried editing the HTML to add it but for some reason your script over rides anything I put on the page code to replace it with the above.  This could be a serious problem for anyone using this should an aggressive disability lawyer decide to go after a web owner.

Thank you.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #179358 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic TITLE change in HTML for ADA compliance
This is a generic title added to all media player instances. You can change it to something yours but you can't change it to each media's title for various reasons, primarily because you'd be wasting resources to fetch the associated metadata from each media provider.

The file to edit is this one: github.com/joomlaworks/allvideos/blob/master/plugin/jw_allvideos/includes/sources.php

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.