Keyword

AllVideos - audio / no vision

• Greg Stevenson
  • Greg Stevenson's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #179399 by Greg Stevenson
AllVideos - audio / no vision was created by Greg Stevenson
Hi all.
I'm trying AllVideos on a local server to display mp4's stored on local server to within a number of articles.
1st article worked fine with mp4 video and sound. code <p>{mp42016JohnandBetty{/mp4}</p>. The mp4 was around 260Mb.
The 2nd article no video was displayed however audible worked fine. Similar code string.  <p>{mp4}2016_John_Betty{/mp4}</p> Video was 2.9Gb.

Suggestions please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Stevenson
More
2 years 7 months ago #179420 by Greg Stevenson
Replied by Greg Stevenson on topic AllVideos - audio / no vision
Further to the previous post below, I have used the AllVideos code to add other movies to my local server site in other Joomla articles with similar results.
The site closed to public with log-in for family and the like is currently running live on a web-server okay. Movie links there are via Onedrive or Google drive links. Some of my site users find it a bit cumbersome hence the intent to try another method. Video sizes vary from 250Mb to 3.5Gb.

Any help would be appreciated.

More
2 years 7 months ago #179455 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic AllVideos - audio / no vision
MP4 is a container format. The actual codec may not be web-friendly. It also depends what browser you're using (e.g. Safari may support less formats than Chrome or Firefox).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Greg Stevenson
More
2 years 7 months ago #179464 by Greg Stevenson
Fotis.
Thanks for your input. I used Edge for the results as mentioned previously. Out of curiosity, I tried Firefox, Chrome and even the old Windows Internet explorer. Results were the same. I also did a re-build of the original video with the same results. Any other thoughts please?

More
2 years 7 months ago #179479 by JoomlaWorks
Then it's most likely a codec issue. If you open the MP4 file directly in the browser, does it playback?

---

• Greg Stevenson
More
2 years 7 months ago #179492 by Greg Stevenson
Interesting result from the browser. The same mp4's, sound only. Others worked video and sound ok. The mp4's worked fine when embedded from my One drive or G drive which I'm trying to avoid. The video were compiled using Pinnacle 22 ( 2018 version). Maybe I should do an update and rebuild the videos with some alternative levels of quality.

More
2 years 7 months ago #179498 by JoomlaWorks
When videos are played through OneDrive, they are most likely transcoded to a web-friendly format.

If you use VLC (the universal cross-platform media player), you can open one of these problematic videos and check its codec through the "tools >> media information" option and under the "codec" or "video" tab if I recall correctly.

---