Keyword

Need Help with install

• chris24
  • chris24's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #3456 by chris24
Need Help with install was created by chris24
I have successfully installed the mambot, published. Now I went into the menu, mainmenu to add a component. When I look at the menu on the left with the mambot listings, the allvideo mambot does not show in the list.

How do I correct this problem? I have seen some posts asking this before but I did not see anyone get an answer.

Can you or anyone help me out here. Looks like a great extension and would like to get it to work. And yes , I have loaded many mods and component on some of my sites and this is the first time I have run into a problem like this.

Check out the site I am attempting to load this on, maybe I have conflicting software?

www.hixstorm.ocs.frih.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chris24
More
16 years 10 months ago #3457 by chris24
Replied by chris24 on topic Re: Need Help with install
nm, I got the player to show up but I was testing it with a link from break and it won't play the video. This is the code I put in ....  {break}fight-breaks-out-at-coffee-shop{/break}

Followed what the direc. said with the correct link no? is there something I am missing?

More
16 years 10 months ago #3458 by flyer727
Replied by flyer727 on topic Re: Need Help with install
How did you install it? There are no instructions with the download, and since there is no menu option to install a plugin, I tried installing as a component, module, mambot... they all failed.

Where did you find a mambot? The download file doesn't include one.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #3459 by Canuck
Replied by Canuck on topic Re: Need Help with install
The AllVideo download is the mambot (plugin).

Go to your Joomla control panel > Installers > Mambot > Browse > find the mambot you downloaded and upload.
Then go to Joomala CP > Mambots > find AllVideos Plugin > Click the red x to publish it. Now it's live.
Before or after (it don't matter), click on the AllVideo Plugin name. Inside you will find a very complete and easy to understand instructions on how to use it.

To put up a video all you have to do is see the instruction provided, here is an example:

For YouTube use: {youtube}video_id{/youtube}
For example if the link on your browser displays www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXTDovB9K8 then your video_id is cdXTDovB9K8, that means, again just the number at the end of the link!

It's that simple, you just type in {youtube}cdXTDovB9K8{/youtube}in your article and voila it appears. No components, no modules, just that one simple line.

If you want to see how it works, just click on my globe to the left of this post, it will take you to my site. (Currently I am in the process of changing all my wmv movies to Stage6 Divx movies in anticipation of the 2.5 release this week, so I am temporarily using another mambot that allows Stage6 movie to bridge me over until 2.5 comes out). But you will still find 60+ movies using AllVideo for both movies on my ftp and streaming movies from Youtube, Google, Metacafe, Break, iFilm.

I think you two are making the same mistake I did when I first started. I thought it was more complicated that it really is.
@Chris24, I would just try another video, or try youtube or google just to test it out. The person who uploaded that video may have disallowed sharing off the Break site. 

• chris24
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #3460 by chris24

It's that simple, you just type in {youtube}cdXTDovB9K8{/youtube}in your article and voila it appears. No components, no modules, just that one simple line.

Where am I inserting this though? I have an item listed in the mainmenu as allvideo

***EDIT***

Ok the youtube works but not the break. Have tried it with several videos and none from break work  Here is an example of the code I am entering:  {break}firecracker-wake-up-prank{/break}

More
16 years 9 months ago #3461 by Canuck

Where am I inserting this though? I have an item listed in the mainmenu as allvideo

***EDIT***

Ok the youtube works but not the break. Have tried it with several videos and none from break work   Here is an example of the code I am entering:  {break}firecracker-wake-up-prank{/break}

It's very possible that the person who uploaded the video has set permissions to not allow it to be embedded off site.

• chris24
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #3462 by chris24
yeah that must be the problem..

I have one other issue I could use some help with...I have a site under a sub domain...I loaded the avi file in the subdomain images/stories/videos folder and tried to have it run by using the code {wmv}jess12{/wmv} the player shows up on the site but the avi  will not work...

Is there something I am missing here?  Please help

Here is the link to the page .... hixstorm.ocs.frih.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=2

More
16 years 9 months ago #3463 by Canuck
If it's an avi it should be {avi}jess12{/avi}

• chris24
More
16 years 9 months ago #3464 by chris24
Did that and it still doesnt work.....I put the file in the public_html images/stories/videos folder and in the subdomain as well..Dont know what else to try to get it to work....

Any help would be appreciated

More
16 years 9 months ago #3465 by Canuck
I've never had luck with AVIs, because I have never figured out how to convert them correctly for streaming. So I've been sticking with wmv files and now converting all those to Stage6 Divx files in anticipation of next weeks 2.5 release.