Keyword

Front end editing

• 2ninerniner2
  • 2ninerniner2's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #68010 by 2ninerniner2
Front end editing was created by 2ninerniner2
Firstly, K2 is an amazing addition to Joomla! :) Extreme potential here!!!

There are a couple of issues regarding front end editing that have been noticed both by myself and my clients who are using K2 on their sites. Applies to both the current pre-release of K2 stable as well as the previous beta:

1) Submit and Reset
- this really confuses my clients as they are used to the standard Joomla Save, Apply and Cancel
- boy, were THEY surprised when they accidentally clicked 'Reset' after a lengthy edit! LOL! ;)
- no visual feedback when clicked (does not "depress" or other visual cue)
- ideal set up would be Save&New, Save, Apply, Cancel with the standard Joomla icons for continuity and familiarity

2) Popup Lightbox-style Editor
- I believe that I understand the reason for this method: does not "break" the template :)
- however, it would be nice to be able to re-size the popup or at least be able to specify the desired size in the Parameters as the way it is now, it is difficult to get out of it, having to "hunt" for an area to click on the side; this is occurring on screens with 1024 x 768 resolution (my laptop (COMPAQ) as well as my clients (Macbook)
- could be "cured" by Point #1 above that when you click Save or Cancel, the editor closes :)

Sure do like what I see so far! Have found a couple other issues but will post them separately after a bit more testing :)

Cheers!
Lyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.