Keyword

SOLVED - Wrong picture displayed on itemlist/category view

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #68014 by Oceanwatcher
I have set up K2 to display one article with a large picture, and all others with small pictures (also tried Xtra Small). The first article is displaying the correct picture, but the next one is using the medium size picture instead of small. This of course totally ruin the front page.

It is probably s small thing to fix, and I would appreciate any tips on what to correct. This stops my testing of K2, at least on the looks of things, so I hope someone has discovered what to fix.

Edit: I set all sections to show Xtra Small thumbnails just to see what was working and not. And it seems that the frontpage (item listing/category) does not care about the settings at all. This is what I would like to see:

Leading item images size: Large
Primary item images size: Small
Secondary item images size: Small - aligned left
Links image size: Xtra Small

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68015 by Mario Marquardt
it seems that you have to set up that in EVERY category from k2 that will be diplayed under the MenuLink AND in the Joomla Menu Item settings, i will test it a little bit more later

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #68016 by Oceanwatcher
That is a bit counterintuitive, isn't it? I thought K2 was supposed to help make things easier?

Here is what I suggest:

Let the menu item setting override the categories, at least when you choose more than one category as I have done. The settings from the menu item for number of articles and number of columns is already working. But there is no setting there to disable the voting system etc. Seems like this has not been tested properly yet.

I hope we do not have to go to x number of categories to make a little change. How on earth will you be able to test a layout with that?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #68017 by Oceanwatcher
Here is what I did:

Go to every category and set that it should inherit the parameters from one particular category. then adjust that category. Seems to do the trick for the parameters related things. Now I need to figure out the CSS of the frontpage as it is a bit off. But I will post any difficulty in other threads. I consider this one solved.