Keyword

Congratulations on a good pre-release!

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68033 by Oceanwatcher
Congratulations on a good pre-release! was created by Oceanwatcher
I have just played with K2v2pre for a day, but already like it a lot. Obviously, there are things that need to be fixed, or explained better, but I think it is the most interesting that has happened to Joomla in a long time. And desperately needed!

The most important thing for me is that it opens up a more flexible way of displaying my articles. This has probably existed all the time in Joomla, but I am not a programmer, so it has been a bit difficult to see it.

I am really looking forward to get the quirks ironed out so I can continue working on my site. At the moment, I am leaning towards skipping iJoomla Magazine in favour of K2. Just wish there was a big bio for authors instead of the blogstyle thing that is there now... :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68034 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Congratulations on a good pre-release!
It's actually easy to modify the user pages to fit your needs. It does take some "templating" work though. We hope to clear all these up with the imminent v2 final release and the publishing of some video tutorials to help new users get into K2 the easy way.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68035 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Congratulations on a good pre-release!
Can hardly wait :-) Actually it would be good to get some help with one small thing - how to get the pictures on the front page to show at the correct size. I have tried setting the sizes at the settings for the Joomla Main menu item, I have tried setting it in the category. No change is reflected in the images. BUT - the frontpage obeys the setting from the menu item regarding number of items and columns on the front page. Seems like image sizes are hard coded?

More
14 years 10 months ago #68036 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Congratulations on a good pre-release!
No, they actually need to be set per category, then you choose which one of the 5 pre-made (per your settings) dimensions get displayed on leading, primary etc..

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68037 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Congratulations on a good pre-release!
This is the problem. Seems to be a bit of a logical break, but I am sure it is just me that do not understand.

I have chosen categories

A
B
C
D

to be displayed in an itemlisting/category style frontpage. What setting determines how the images on the frontpage will look? To me, it is logical that the setting for the menu item overrides the others in this case as it is the only unique.