Keyword

Corrupted Item - mootools.js error from the backend - can't edit

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68254 by Bryan Smith
I'm just starting to play with K2 (ver 2 RC) and having a bit of a rough start.

When I re-edit item from K2 admin I get a mootools.js error from firebug. No WYSIWIG icons, can't click tabs in item editor. Basically stuck and ready to delete item, but thought I'd report this. It's odd because my second item edits just fine.

Here's the sequence as I remember.

1) created category

2) Created Item - was able to re-edite item 1-2 times

3) Added Extra Fields, Uploaded zip file of images to gallery tab

4) Can't edit item anymore.

Right now I only have 2 items. 1 can't edit, 1 can edit
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68255 by Bryan Smith
Here's a bit more info. I just screwed up my other item. As a test I did the same thing and now 2nd item is in same condition.

All I did this time was upload a zip of images to the Image Gallery Tab. Immediatly after save it came back with error and now all tabs are frozen.

What is proper use of the Image Gallery Tab.

I can delete the items right now but it would be interesting to know if possible to fix the item.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68256 by Lefteris
Looking at the screenshot you attached i guess that there is a conflict with the RokCandy Macros you are using. Try to disable this extension and see what happens.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #68257 by Zandergraphics
I'm having the same issue. I disabled my RokCandy plugin & macros but the tabs are still frozen... any ideas??

Lefteris Kavadas said:Looking at the screenshot you attached i guess that there is a conflict with the RokCandy Macros you are using. Try to disable this extension and see what happens.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68258 by Ngatai Piri
Hi,

I had this problem too. If a K2 item had a gallery assigned to it, JCE editor would not appear, the tabs were not clickable, and params on the right-hand side were all expanded.

Also, I was getting some MooTools related errors.

The Fix:

I've added the noConflict setting for jQuery and now everything seems to be working properly.

Try adding this line to your admin template index.php (most probably /administrator/templates/khepri/index.php):

Add it right above the closing tag, around line 46.

All credit for this, goes to the guy who posted this: ryanrhode.com/node/7

Thanks,
Ngatai.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68259 by Marto
it works, but just in administration for me. in front-end is still frozen.

More
14 years 5 months ago #68260 by Dean Brinckley
Thank you :D :D works in back end at this point...

Ngatai Piri said:Hi,I had this problem too. If a K2 item had a gallery assigned to it, JCE editor would not appear, the tabs were not clickable, and params on the right-hand side were all expanded.Also, I was getting some MooTools related errors.The Fix:I've added the noConflict setting for jQuery and now everything seems to be working properly.Try adding this line to your admin template index.php (most probably /administrator/templates/khepri/index.php):Add it right above the closing tag, around line 46.All credit for this, goes to the guy who posted this: ryanrhode.com/node/7Thanks,Ngatai.