Keyword

mod_k2_content Joomla 1.15.11 K2 v2 prerelease (stable) Limit Words

• ecom4u
  • ecom4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #68376 by ecom4u
I think it is a bug but also it is a feature !?!?!?

Can you limit the word by article that was shown on the module

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68377 by FeSys
Yea..
This is must for the front page
Smooth and well designed/decorated sens of the front page only occur when articles words and images can be customized.

I agree with you Thomas

More
14 years 9 months ago #68378 by BDGStrategie
There was a Bug in K2 V2 Pre-release regarding the "word limit Functionnality" that has been corrected by Lefteris Kavadas (thanks to him) in the new K2 Pre-release 20090701 (See : k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/item-introtext-word-limit-not)

BUT the problem is that the "Item Introtext word limit" that you can change in the categories options works ONLY with the FrontPage Layout. I don't know if it's a bug or not but it would be useful to also have this word limit in the mod_K2_content.

The coolest function would be to be able to set a word limit AND a number of Char. limit in the mod_K2_content. Designers would be able to have a precise control on the display.

Fotis, Lefteris, could you please implement that option for us in mod_K2_content ? Thanks a lot for your help !

N.B : Thomas, I've added a line of code in one of the mod_k2_content files (helper.php I think) to fix a word limit but as I didn't wanted to modify the database, I've put the word limit directly into the code (not really clean but as K2 is still in "pre-release"...). If you want me to explain you how I've done it...