Keyword

Advanced extra fields options

• Marek Wojtaszek
  • Marek Wojtaszek's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #68389 by Marek Wojtaszek
Advanced extra fields options was created by Marek Wojtaszek
I would like to have ability to use search or sort by extra fields. But the problem is that extra fields should be database fields in that case. And each group should be database table. Is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68390 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Advanced extra fields options
Dan Partac said:I was about to post a similar discussion!

I just started to research for a new type of development: ads management.

Well, Ads Manager for joomla is really good, but at this moment, having a legacy component installed on the time we expect Joomla 1.6 to reach the sunrise, and I thought K2 is the best free extension to use.

Extra fields can be used both in advanced search and sorting options for Ads Manager, but this could be easily done, K2 is already better than Ads Manager, it just needs some new tiny improvements: A-Z and 0-9 filtering, latest/most commented, rating/views sorting options.

This can be easily done by adding 2 parameters for extra fields: field used for search and field used to sort. AND this needs a corresponding code in frontend view templates. Easy! (for a coder :P)

I forgot to mention, I think K2 is more intuitive and simple than com_content, mosets tree, ads manager, and more...

So well done so far, and keep it real for the future.
Danny

Thanks Dan Partac..
Would you Please give more details on how to build a super Ad manager with advanced search using K2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.