Keyword

SOLVED - bug in image caption and credit for full item display (full article view)

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #68391 by Oceanwatcher
The caption, credit and main image do not display correct in the default template. Here is what I had to do to fix it:

Line 43 and 44 had item->image->caption that should be item->image_caption

Also, the class it refers to is itemMainImageCaption while the class that is defined in the CSS is itemImageMainCaption. Same goes for credit.

On top of that, there is a display: none in both caption and credits in the CSS on line 367 and 368.

My captions and credits are now displaying, just need to do some more styling :-)

A really BIG thank you to Peter here in the forum that helped with this bug. He's the man!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #68392 by Lefteris
Hi. All template related and css bugs will be fixed in v2 final. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #68393 by Oceanwatcher
You could always add the lines I mentioned and then set the credit to not show in the CSS file... But seriously, I think you should leave it in and start using it. Photographers deserve credit!

Also, if you use CC pictures from Flickr or other sources, very often, you are obliged to show a credit.