Keyword

Item-List View Parameters Override Item View Parameters

• Ari Magder
  • Ari Magder's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #68689 by Ari Magder
I have Item-List Views linked as main-menu items and I am trying to have tags display on the Item view but not the Item-list view. It seems that whatever I set for Item-list view (whether in K2 global params or menu item params) overrides the Item view settings. It appears that this is also the case for the email button and print button settings; however, this is not the case for the view intro text/view full text params.

Am I doing something wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ari Magder
More
14 years 9 months ago #68690 by Ari Magder
anyone?

More
14 years 9 months ago #68691 by Lefteris
Hi. You have to set these parameters at the category edit form or the item edit form.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ari Magder
More
14 years 9 months ago #68692 by Ari Magder
I'm not sure what you are suggesting. I have global parameters set for the K2 component as a whole, but these parameters can be over-ridden by setting parameters for the menu item that points to the particular K2 view in question.

I know that the overrides are working because I can definitely make changes using the menu item parameters, however it seems that the parameters for "item view" and "item-list (category) view" cannot act completely independently of one another.

I would expect that If I set a new menu item for an item-list view, and set parameters within it for both item-list and item views, then the parameters set for item-list would govern the appearance of the item-list page and the parameters set for item view would govern the view of any items reached through that menu item. Is this the intended functionality of the parameters for this module?

If so, it is not functioning correctly.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68693 by Lefteris
Hi again. Each category and item has it's own parameters. These parameters are the one you have to use. The parameters in the K2 categories view are used only when you select more than one category. That's how K2 works. Also note that this applies to K2 v2 prerelease or later. Not the beta version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)