Keyword

Unistalled K2 ver 2.0 and my site is gone?

• giggles
  • giggles's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #68977 by giggles
I have everything backed up but I was having a problem and unistalled k2 and now when I go to log in front end or back end I get errors. I can't even get to my site to reinstall k2.

I should have known better but I didn't, any ideas cause I am not rebuilding my newest project at 50 + pages and over 100 articles...not a good day.

Here is my error message, it's obviously cause I removed k2

Warning: plgSystemK2_Joomfish::require_once(/home/default/theskunkhouse.com/user/htdocs/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/JSON.php) [plgsystemk2-joomfish.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/default/theskunkhouse.com/user/htdocs/plugins/system/k2_joomfish.php on line 31

Fatal error: plgSystemK2_Joomfish::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/default/theskunkhouse.com/user/htdocs/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/JSON.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/default/theskunkhouse.com/user/htdocs/plugins/system/k2_joomfish.php on line 31

k2 was working fine, then I started getting the white page problem (json) I followed the instructions to copy and paste code, worked, but then I couldn't create a new item, so I uninstalled and here we are now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68978 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Unistalled K2 ver 2.0 and my site is gone?
Uninstall your plugins and modules fully then reinstall K2. it looks to me like you still have k2 plugins enabled

If this is the case you didnt do a clean uninstall and wont reinstall properly as a result.

leigh

• giggles
More
14 years 9 months ago #68979 by giggles
Replied by giggles on topic Unistalled K2 ver 2.0 and my site is gone?
I unistalled the plug ins prior to uninstall. The problem is this error comes up when I go to the admin side or the front end, I can't get to the administation to do anything,

More
14 years 9 months ago #68980 by bunglehaze
That looks to me like the joomfish plugin is still registered as active somewhere. Have you checked it has been removed properly

• giggles
More
14 years 9 months ago #68981 by giggles
Replied by giggles on topic Unistalled K2 ver 2.0 and my site is gone?
I can't now, no way to admin the site, it's gone. I was pretty thorough and my problem was described as weird, I zapped all the add ons to off or removed them and then unistalled k2. regardless, this can't happen to people even 5% of the users when it's stable....it's a site breaker. it is very strange, k2 worked like a charm for a couple of days, it's awesome, but then I installed the SIG and All Video and then got the white pages, did the fix for that (JSON issue) everything was back but then I couldn't add items, when I tried I got the white screen. I was told my install looked incomplete so I went thru my add ons and either unistalled or turned off depending on what type of plug in. The I hit unistall K2, went fine then I hit install to reinstall and my site gave me the latest white page error. So from there I figured I would reopen the admin area and found I can't even log in without a white page. No control and no site, LOL clean install time...I saved all my data as soon as the first bug showed.

I also belong to Rocket Theme and was considering their newest template, supposedly they reworked all their plug ins to be k2 friendly and they are hypeing k2 to be 100% with their latest template, but now I am afraid...very afraid...TGIF.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68982 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Unistalled K2 ver 2.0 and my site is gone?
Hi. This bug has fixed in v2 final. For your case, in order to restore your site open the file /home/default/theskunkhouse.com/user/htdocs/plugins/system/k2_joomfish.php and in line 30 after

if (!$mainframe->isAdmin()) {
return;
}

paste the following code:

if (!JFile::exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_k2'.DS.'lib'.DS.'JSON.php')){
return;
}

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #68983 by bunglehaze
Keif, dont worry too much, the problems we are all experiencing will eventually be fixed (i hope) so we can get on with utilising k2 to its max potential. BUT everything you are playing around with something new take a backup as version 2 seems far from stable or reliable :)

That said as long as you have patience and time to work around the issues it can be used effectively on a production site - I have found a fair old amount of bugs and problems and reported a few others in my post named 'more bugged overrides'

cheers

leigh :D