Keyword

aargh, what is happening with the k2 links?

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69136 by bunglehaze
I have until today been happy again with K2 as it started functioning last night and I thought that would be it, however after adding another article today my url's from the site frontpage have changed again (why does it do this?) to a format that I cannot setup module positioning in.

www.bikechatter.co.uk/component/k2/item/943-bmw-s1000-rr-superbike.html is the link from the site frontpage whereas previously it was going to a different URL. I cannot setup any modules on left or right on this page but when it linked to

www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles/item/943-bmw-s1000-rr-superbike.html it was perfect.

Now I do not quite understand the reason the urls keep changing, it seems one day they work fine and others they dont but there has not been 1 day go by where this problem has remained stable.

I use the standard Joomla SEF settings, no addons to try and keep the site speedy and have never had this problem with anything other than k2 - any suggestions?

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69137 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic aargh, what is happening with the k2 links?
Check this out for odd..

www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles/itemlist/category/24-motorcycle-and-site-news.html

If you look at the top article in the list and check the URL. now check the one underneath it - on the same page, in the same category - I am SO confused.

leigh

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69138 by bunglehaze
Looks like I have managed to fix it again by deleting the menu item and re-adding it as new, that said this should not have to be done for each article added.

leigh

More
14 years 9 months ago #69139 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic aargh, what is happening with the k2 links?
Hi. K2 searches for menu links to a single k2 category. When you link to multiple categories the category id isn't available in the URL so K2 cannot find the Itemid. This feature is added in v2 final.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69140 by bunglehaze
Any indication on a timescale for final yet lefteris? Just to stop me tearing my hair out as quickly working rounds these niggles.

cheers

leigh :D