Keyword

Author is not auto-selected when I add new item

• Paul S. Quiambao
  • Paul S. Quiambao's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69251 by Paul S. Quiambao
Author is not auto-selected when I add new item was created by Paul S. Quiambao
I created a new user account in K2 v2.0 (Joomla v.1.5.12). Clicked on Add Item after log in, created a test post, when I was about to hit Save, I noticed that the author drop down only showed "Administrator". My username, as well as the other testers, was not even on the list of Authors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul S. Quiambao
  • Paul S. Quiambao's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69252 by Paul S. Quiambao
Replied by Paul S. Quiambao on topic Author is not auto-selected when I add new item
Never mind. Solved it by setting the user group in Joomla user manager to "Author". I forgot it defaults to "Registered" when newly signed up.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69253 by bkemler
My site is doing this even when logged in as a Manager. It also let me post in a section that the user I was logged in as was not supposed to be able to post in and published the item even though the group of that user is not supposed to be able to publish items. Am I missing some setting or is this a bug?

More
14 years 9 months ago #69254 by Lefteris
Hi. The permissions of K2 user groups are valid only for frontend editing....

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #69255 by John Comeskey
Replied by John Comeskey on topic Author is not auto-selected when I add new item
Lefteris,
This is a big problem. If an admin edits a user's item from the backend, then because the user is not in the author list, when the item is saved, the item's author will change to the admin at the top of the drop-down list.

All users should be included in the author list to prevent this problem.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The permissions of K2 user groups are valid only for frontend editing....