Keyword

Help needed on site for http://www.straysofabudhabi.com - CHARITY!!

• Kevin Twitchett
  • Kevin Twitchett's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69498 by Kevin Twitchett
Hi all

I am doing a site (completely FREE OF CHARGE) for an Abu Dhabi based charity that, locate, rescue and re-home stray dogs, as u can imagine the Middle East folks aren't too hot when it comes to looking after our four legged friends.

I have tried Yootheme Zoo and K2 and whilst Zoo is easy to use its image handling etc isn't that good.

I am primarily a designer, images and graphics etc, not much of a coder, especially in php. can work out whats going on but thats about it. Anyway, i need a huge favour if its possible.

I'm working on the site on a localhost and want to be able to go live with the site in about a week, ten days tops. The only thing stopping me now is the layout of the K2 'dogalog' (well it's not a cat-alog!).

I have spent hours trying to get my head around the layouts and it's got me beat.

So if any of u php whizzes would like to help out, the layout i need is attached, the 'item' (dog details page) will have to come after so bear in mind I may come cap (of the flat variety.. I'm from Yorkshire) in hand for some help there too.

The current site is www.straysofabudhabi.com (Duncan, one of the volunteers has done his best but it's not up to much really).

Attached is the layout i would like to use, it's very simple, just a title, a linkable image and a link to the item page.

Hope someone can help, it is in a very good cause. I did forget to mention that I am doing this site totally FOC.

PS. I am hoping that I can take one of the 8 week old Terrier Cross pups they have, Patches looks like the runt of the litter but boy is she cute!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kevin Twitchett
More
14 years 9 months ago #69499 by Kevin Twitchett
Extremely disappointed - not a single response. Some community and not a dog lover amongst any of you!

Prob 30 mins work for some php expert

More
14 years 9 months ago #69500 by Claudio Azevedo
hello!

i'm making some "like this" of you need

for now, i'm done 80% of job, and i think i gonna finish this "layout" tomorrow.

so, i describe how i made that: first, i custumize de template, creating a new one, only for a category that i called "coberturas", this category i only will put some pictures, so in the category view, i only need to view is a picture of item, the item title of couse, and some custom fields. i dont have a screen print now, because i'm at home and i make this in the work...

so, if you have a pacience, i will give to you my custom template and explain how to use that, i think you gonna like that, so, by the other hand, i need some improvments in layout, but i think you can done the job easly.

so...see you tomorrow? i come back here with the attachment and some explanations. ok?

thanks! (sorry for the english, i don't speak very well (and write, of couse)"

• Kevin Twitchett
More
14 years 9 months ago #69501 by Kevin Twitchett
Hi Claudio, thats really great. Many many thanks

More
14 years 9 months ago #69502 by Claudio Azevedo
so there is my files

i have made some modifications 4you, and sorry for the time, always ie6 the problem :-(

so, there 2 files and a folder in the zip..
the 2 files (.txt) is the CSS of the galery, you need to put this codes in your CSS (in CSS of template OR CSS of K2), i use CSS of K2... why there is 2? becase I6 exist (dammit!) and is need for work whith ie6 some hacks, in k2 css folder (YOURSITE\components\com_k2\css) there is a 3 files, one for global CSS and other for IE6 and other for IE7, so...

in the folder, the "template" itself, all you need to make is copy the folder "dogalog" to YOURSITE\components\com_k2\templates and set this template in the category you want. So, there is someting to config in the category, i put ONLY primary itens (20) and 4 columns, the image is XMALL (128px) configured in Category View Options (Item XSmall image width (in px) = 128). AND in the botton of each image i put 2 custon fields, DATE and a NUMBER but this fields only will apper if you have a custons fields in your category..., if ou want to put something else in botton of image/title, you need to change template category_item.php in dogalog folder, one good start is lookin how template works...

so is this, if you have questions or a problem, please sendme a message.

att
claudio

(ps: i'm not an expert in php or css even in php and english (aeuhaueha), so if you have found something wrong, please correct it and let me now!)
Attachments:

• Kevin Twitchett
More
14 years 9 months ago #69503 by Kevin Twitchett
Hi Claudio

I will give that all a try, thanks very very much from me and Strays of Abu Dhabi!!