Keyword

K2 groups category restrictions doesnt work. User in groups can still edit and add

• CZBios
  • CZBios's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #69504 by CZBios
Hi all! Can you please help me? I have problem with K2 groups. It possible that i missunderstod in theyre functions. I think that groups are for bunch of users, which have accessed categories into theyre can add item, yes?

If yes, it mean that group hass all right set to no, but "Add items" is set to Yes. Groups has also in list set just one category A.
It means that user in this group can add item just in category A, but no in category B.

If its all true, these restriction doesn work for me, because my users, which belong into a group can do everything.

Please, can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69505 by Lefteris
Hi. If a user can add item to at least one category then when he is logged in he will see the "Add item" link. So he can see the form but he can only create new items for the specific category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• CZBios
More
14 years 8 months ago #69506 by CZBios
Thats i think too, but its not work. User can still add item to all categories and edit all categories undepend on his right set for his group.

My user has access to back end and he is in Joomla! group manager. Could be the problem?

More
14 years 8 months ago #69507 by Lefteris
No, you have misunderstood. These permissions apply only for front-end editing. If a user has access to back-end he can do everything.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• CZBios
More
14 years 8 months ago #69508 by CZBios

• CZBios
More
14 years 8 months ago #69509 by CZBios
Oka, its working. Now i just dont know, wher front-end user can putt new K2 items :) I dont see anything, with it help i show for them editor for adding new items. Thank you for advise..

• CZBios
More
14 years 8 months ago #69510 by CZBios
Yes, i found that in other topic. For everyone else:

Users can add new item and edit item with using mod_K2login. After loged in modul show links Add Item. After click its open new iframe window for editor.

If you are user who dont want to edit item in iframe, you can simpli copy the link from this modul in standard Joomla! menu item in wrapper. It work exactly the same and fine.