Keyword

Basics while waiting for documentation

• Doug Michaels
  • Doug Michaels's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69671 by Doug Michaels
Basics while waiting for documentation was created by Doug Michaels
I am still confused by the interaction of the multiple configurations in K2. Menus have 3 sets of parameters (basic, component, system), the category has 4 sets of parameters (category item layout, category view options, item view options in category listings, item view), the item itself has 5 more including a repeat of the last two from category. Can anyone give me the down-n-dirty of the uses. Specifically...
1. Is there a heirarchy for conflicting parameters? I would presume item overrides category but where do menu parameters fit in?
2. Do the cat views all go with a menu item linked to K2 categories and the item listing with a menu item linked to a specific K2 item?
3. Which views specifically do each of the four category parameter sets control?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
More
14 years 9 months ago #69672 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Basics while waiting for documentation
Doug,

I am not even close to your knowledge... 8-(((

Guys.... I need some very brief pointers to start with...

like create a category, create an item, link to a menu...

I failed at the first hurdle.... I created a category but the drop down on the item does not contain anything - says select a category....

help

george

• Doug Michaels
  • Doug Michaels's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69673 by Doug Michaels
Replied by Doug Michaels on topic Basics while waiting for documentation
George,

I ran into that one too. Go back to the category page and make sure you enable the category. When you return to the item, you should see it there. Hope that helps. I think we are all trying to get our heads around K2. There's a lot to take in!