Keyword

Item & Category Management

• Mark Banks
  • Mark Banks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #69704 by Mark Banks
Item & Category Management was created by Mark Banks
Possible bug within the Item and Category interfaces.

1. Have tried deleting a trashed category - category is toggled as unpublished - I get the following error CATDELETEERROR

2. Random display bug with an Item - link- www.dreamcatchers-crete.ismysite.co.uk/ and look on left hand side Featured Property - DC009 - the link returns a blank page. All other items before and after have worked fine. This item returns a blank page in front end and also in the back end when trying to edit.

3. Unpublishing and deleting Trashed items. I've trashed several items. I unpublished and then deleted one trashed item successfully, but the remainder refuse to be toggled to 'unpublished' mode. A couple of the trashed items are previous versions of DC009 in point 2 above. Could this be linked?

regards
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69705 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Item & Category Management
Hi. Regarding your post:

1. To delete a category you must first ensure that: a) It has no chlid categories b) It contains no items.

2. A blank page indicates an error. Please turn on error reporting through Joomla! and see what's the error.

3. I cannot understand what you are trying to say. Can you please be more specific?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mark Banks
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #69706 by Mark Banks
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Item & Category Management
Hi Lefteris,
for the first one - the conditions A and B are met - still refuses to delete. Not important, just reporting it.

2. debug settings are on - but the page remains blank. I'll leave it as it is for few minutes for you to view.

Regards
Mark

• Mark Banks
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #69707 by Mark Banks
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Item & Category Management
2. Solved - the Item's image archive file contained one image that was over 1mb in size (it hadn't been resized along with the others). That image was causing the Item not to display in the K2 interface, and causing the browser page to fail.

Replaced the offending image via FTP - everything works fine now.

Might be worth adding a note to any future documentation.

Regards
Mark