Keyword

What is the relevence of Video on item tab - it doesnt work anyway...

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69768 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
I do not understand the video tab. I can search/find a video on my pc but there is no upload button...

If I use the option to enter a url and save that on this tab, when I preview all I have is a black rectangle and hidden there is {asp?MovieID=248020{/asp?MovieID=248020remote},{/asp?MovieID=248020{/asp?MovieID=248020remote}remote}remote},{asp?MovieID=248020{/asp?MovieID=248020remote}remote}www.collegehumor.com/video:1824771{asp?MovieID=248020remote}http://www.123video.nl/playv

however, if I go to the item itself and embed the video using the player tags directly, then I can play the video.

So my question is, why does the video tab not correctly work. The video player works, so it would seem to be video tab has bugs....

ALSO, this is a magnificent Joomla component, but it is SO complex ... we MUST have documentation soon.... please. Trying to figure things out is so frustrating....

george

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69769 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic What is the relevence of Video on item tab - it doesnt work anyway...
bump bump

anyone answer this please!!!

More
14 years 9 months ago #69770 by Matthias Bley
i think the problem could be the you try to show an adobe flash player 10 video an K2 is not compatible with such one.
Try a video, not a flash

More
14 years 8 months ago #69771 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic What is the relevence of Video on item tab - it doesnt work anyway...
Matze

I have tried flash, mpeg, avi - it allows me to browse and select but there is no button to actually load the selected file. The sub tabs on the video tab simply ask where the video file is to be found.

The other question - am I limited to 2MB - I noticed on the tab it says max 2mb - maybe my files are bigger and I;m getting no warning....

More
14 years 8 months ago #69772 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Actually, the answer is in the last paragraph.

you cannot add a video > 2mb

I eventually managed to add a flv which was less than 2mb.