Keyword

Is what I'm trying to do THAT difficult?

More
14 years 8 months ago #69822 by altar
Hi all,
I've contacted a few developers for my project and they've told me that my project is "HUGE", or "very difficult". Could someone explain to me why?
I am planning a website with 2 classified ad sections and a directory (with no online payment system).
I need the users to fill in a custom form, and then for the data to be displayed in a certain fashion. For example in the classified ad section, only the titles display and you need to be registered to view the details, etc.
In my idea, the directory was quite similar to the ads, except the entries display for 365 days instead of 30 like the ads, and the layout of the details view is more formatted, with a photo gallery maybe.

Is this so hard to do with Joomla? I don't get it, there are even some WordPress templates that can do that.
If anyone could explain to me I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69823 by Piet Denys
Replied by Piet Denys on topic Is what I'm trying to do THAT difficult?
Although this could be done with K2 but requires code hacking.
Did you try adsManager? Maybe more suitable if you only need a classified ads component
Success!
Piet

More
14 years 8 months ago #69824 by altar
Replied by altar on topic Is what I'm trying to do THAT difficult?
Thanks,
yes I've looked at adsmanager but what I need is more like just a "message board", no price, no payment system. But I want to make a directory too so I'm also trying to figure out what can be done with Sobi2.
If it requires coding under Joomla, then I'd rather hire a Drupal coder, the result will be much more efficient.
Right now I'm wondering if I'm not going to use Wordpress solutions, they seems WAY simpler and cheaper. Instead of classified I should say . I think Joomla isn't the right tool for my project and I'm pretty disappointed.