Keyword

Users & Comments - how do you set them up please

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #69844 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Users & Comments - how do you set them up please was created by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
All

I have managed to add a user group but there is no Add button on the users - only edit and reset - but I have nothing in the list. How do you ADD users please?

Exactly the same for comments.... how do you add comments?

thanks

george

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69845 by Matthias Bley
Replied by Matthias Bley on topic Users & Comments - how do you set them up please
At the bottom there is a dropdown menu where you can set how many people you want to see on the first page.
Klick at it and choose "all". Then you see all registered Users.
The Users you see there have to be registered on the Joomla Website.

For the "comments section" i cant give you a reply, dont know anything like the others about that :D

More
14 years 8 months ago #69846 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Users & Comments - how do you set them up please
Matze

yes I figured out that you needed to add any test users into Joomla first, then you could assign these to a k2 usergroup.

Anyone figure out comments please?

thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #69847 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Users & Comments - how do you set them up please
Ok think I've got it:

Comments are set at Category level for the item view.
The dashboard allows you to 'manage' publish/unpublish presumably delete comments - its not for creating comments. Once enabled and set at category level you should see hyperlink to add comment.

However I think there is a bug:

I went to a related video on my test page and add comment suddenly appeared. I added a couple, navigated to a non K2 page, came back and there was no add comment link. I clicked on the comments on left hand side, and only then could I add further comments.

So my question is: if you do not have any related comment to start with - then the add comment hyperlink seems only to appear if you have a related video or similar - so how do you add the first comment?

george