Keyword

K2 doesnt work after re-installation

• Peter Strate
  • Peter Strate's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69853 by Peter Strate
K2 doesnt work after re-installation was created by Peter Strate
Installed K2 (2.0 prerelease), had some problems with it, uninstalled it and installed the old beta version that didn't work at all, and then I re-installed 2.0 again - but now it does'nt work at all! I can see the dashboard, articles, well everything...but when I publish the K2 Categories menu item, or any one of the other menu items, the page crashes, it's just blank and the html code contains nothing.

please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69854 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 doesnt work after re-installation
Hi. Yes there was a bug that has already been posted on this forum. If you uninstall the component without uninstalling the K2 system plugins your site will broke. Of course this has been fixed for the final version. In order to restore your site edit the file /plugins/system/k2_joomfish.php and comment out (or remove) the function onAfterInitialise. After that your site should work normally and you should be able to uninstall all plugins of K2 and then reinstall K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Peter Strate
  • Peter Strate's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #69855 by Peter Strate
Replied by Peter Strate on topic K2 doesnt work after re-installation
Tried, but it didn't work. Still get a blank page when I publish K2 categories as a menu item. Any way of cleaning up everything manually, and then reinstall K2?

More
14 years 8 months ago #69856 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 doesnt work after re-installation
Hi. A blank page indicates an error. Turn on error reporting on Joomla! and see what's the error you are getting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)