Keyword

Blank screen when I try to add items

• Shivonne Mohammed
  • Shivonne Mohammed's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #70001 by Shivonne Mohammed
Blank screen when I try to add items was created by Shivonne Mohammed
Just installed K2 on a MediaTemple DV server, site running Joomla 1.5.12. Installation went fine. I can create categories with no problem. But when I try to create an item - I get a blank screen. I click on "new," blank screen. Nothing. URL says administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item and there's nothing there at all.

I've installed K2 without problem on several other Joomla sites on different servers, so I guess this is a server problem, but... I have no clue what it would be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #70002 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Blank screen when I try to add items
Hi. The blank screen indicates an error. Please turn on error reporting through Joomla! and see what error are you getting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #70003 by John Comeskey
Replied by John Comeskey on topic Blank screen when I try to add items
Are you using the SEOSimple plugin? There is a conflict between SEOSimple and K2 that causes a blank screen when creating a new item from the backend. I don't know how to fix it yet (other than disabling the SEOSimple plugin)...

• Shivonne Mohammed
More
14 years 8 months ago #70004 by Shivonne Mohammed
Replied by Shivonne Mohammed on topic Blank screen when I try to add items
No - I'm using Joomla's built-in SEF things. All three SEO settings are set to yes - SEF URLs, apache mod_rewrite, add suffix to URLs.

John Comeskey said:Are you using the SEOSimple plugin? There is a conflict between SEOSimple and K2 that causes a blank screen when creating a new item from the backend. I don't know how to fix it yet (other than disabling the SEOSimple plugin)...

• Shivonne Mohammed
More
14 years 8 months ago #70005 by Shivonne Mohammed
Replied by Shivonne Mohammed on topic Blank screen when I try to add items
God I'm a retard - yes, it was SEOsimple. The client - who I'd instructed to never install anything on the site themselves - installed it without telling me. I just took it off and everything works fine now. Gah. Thanks for the tip!

More
14 years 7 months ago #70006 by John Comeskey
Replied by John Comeskey on topic Blank screen when I try to add items
Chris,

Mircea posted a fix here: k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/error-when-using-the-plugin?page=2&commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A14060&x=1#3536014Comment14060

Chris C. said:God I'm a retard - yes, it was SEOsimple. The client - who I'd instructed to never install anything on the site themselves - installed it without telling me. I just took it off and everything works fine now. Gah. Thanks for the tip!