Keyword

Incompatibility with SEOGenerator

• Mizael FAUCON
  • Mizael FAUCON's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #70069 by Mizael FAUCON
Incompatibility with SEOGenerator was created by Mizael FAUCON
Hi,

When I try to edit an item (just by clicking on its title in the admin), I get this error:

Class 'JSite' not found in /homez.18/faucon/2da/www/plugins/system/SEOGenerator.php on line 213

That may be not a K2 (v.2.0) bug. Just to let it know this incompatibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mizael FAUCON
  • Mizael FAUCON's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70070 by Mizael FAUCON
Replied by Mizael FAUCON on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
Keith Fawcett said:I just installed K2, imported all my articles, and I am getting the same error. What's the deal?

Hi Keith,
Well, that means that you can't use the SEO Generator anymore (until an update from them).

More
14 years 8 months ago #70071 by Ignatius Ackermann
Replied by Ignatius Ackermann on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
I have just gone and installed SEO Generator, All excited, just to find that it "DOES NOT WORK" WITH K2. The first question regarding this was placed on the 5 August and it is now the 21 August. Can someone forward this forum link to management. It is really a sic feeling if we are left stranded and guessing.
Soon I will have to ask instructions on how to export my 82 K2 Items to Joomla. It will be a sad moment as K2 is just what we are looking for.
I trust and believe that we will find an answer soon.
Just to balance the scales, I'm not sure where the responsibility lies, Should K2 ensure that they are compatible or should SEO Generator modify their software. So my next stop will to seek help from SEO Generator

More
14 years 8 months ago #70072 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
Hi. A similar issue has been posted before and has already been fixed. Please make sure you are using the latest version of K2. For more info on this issue read this post.

Ignatius Ackermann said:I have just gone and installed SEO Generator, All excited, just to find that it "DOES NOT WORK" WITH K2. The first question regarding this was placed on the 5 August and it is now the 21 August. Can someone forward this forum link to management. It is really a sic feeling if we are left stranded and guessing. Soon I will have to ask instructions on how to export my 82 K2 Items to Joomla. It will be a sad moment as K2 is just what we are looking for.
I trust and believe that we will find an answer soon.
Just to balance the scales, I'm not sure where the responsibility lies, Should K2 ensure that they are compatible or should SEO Generator modify their software. So my next stop will to seek help from SEO Generator

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
14 years 8 months ago #70073 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
I've got the latest version of K2, was having no issue with SEO Generator installed and activated, and for some reason now I'm getting the same error referenced in this thread when I try to access an article in the K2 backend.

I've been trying to troubleshoot, but can't figure out how to get it working again with SEOG running (no problems if I deactivate SEO G). Right before I got the error, I added for the first time some tags into K2, and added the tags to an article (so I know that I was able to access the article to edit it right before I started getting this error). Something about adding tags, and then adding tags to an article, caused this to not work again. Any idea of a fix?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. A similar issue has been posted before and has already been fixed. Please make sure you are using the latest version of K2. For more info on this issue read this post.
Ignatius Ackermann said:I have just gone and installed SEO Generator, All excited, just to find that it "DOES NOT WORK" WITH K2. The first question regarding this was placed on the 5 August and it is now the 21 August. Can someone forward this forum link to management. It is really a sic feeling if we are left stranded and guessing. Soon I will have to ask instructions on how to export my 82 K2 Items to Joomla. It will be a sad moment as K2 is just what we are looking for. I trust and believe that we will find an answer soon.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70074 by Lefteris
Hi again. I didn't test it but i assume that the problem is the same as it is for the SEO Simple. Please take a look here.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #70075 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
Thank you. Looks similar, although I'm not sure why setting a tag for the first time would trigger the problem? I find that with SEO generator enabled, I get the benefits of the SEOG plugin, but I am not able to access any articles from the K2 component. So, a sort-of-workaround is to disable the SEOG plugin when I need to modify an article, and then re-enable it when I am done...until a fix, I guess a way for someone to keep using it if they want, with some drawbacks. Jeff

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. I didn't test it but i assume that the problem is the same as it is for the SEO Simple. Please take a look here.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70076 by Mak Yiu Wah
Replied by Mak Yiu Wah on topic Incompatibility with SEOGenerator
I got the same problem. I got the error message: "Fatal error: Class 'JSite' not found in /home/bizaweb/biza_enterprise/plugins/system/SEOGenerator.php on line 224".

I guess the Class JSite is not defined in K2.

Seth

More
14 years 7 months ago #70077 by Lefteris
Hi. JSite is a core Joomla! class and it is loaded by Joomla! in frontend. Plugins using this class have to check that they are triggered on the front end. For more info read this. It is a bug of the plugin, not K2.

Seth Mak said:I got the same problem. I got the error message: "Fatal error: Class 'JSite' not found in /home/bizaweb/biza_enterprise/plugins/system/SEOGenerator.php on line 224".
I guess the Class JSite is not defined in K2.

Seth

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---