Keyword

Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70153 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category was created by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Hi

I de-installed the old version of K2 and installed v2.0

As expected all categories and items have gone.

Tried creating new category just with a title - got error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\test3\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

george

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70154 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category
did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip.

don't know what to tell you at this point.

my upgrade worked almost flawlessly, with no loss of anything.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70155 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category
Thanks, I did notice people commenting about following the install procedures. There are none in the root of the zip I have here - attached - do me favour and post them here.

Lownotes said:did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip. don't know what to tell you at this point.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70156 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category
there are two different K2 downloads. one for new installs, one for upgrades.

the upgrades has instructions.

b

George Szubinski said:Thanks, I did notice people commenting about following the install procedures. There are none in the root of the zip I have here - attached - do me favour and post them here.
Lownotes said:did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip. don't know what to tell you at this point.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70157 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category
ah now I see it - I had huge problems clicking on the link - Stopzilla thinks its a malicious website

so I struggled and managed to save link as - but the wrong link and no instructions, got the right one now...

I'll go tesr

Lownotes said:there are two different K2 downloads. one for new installs, one for upgrades.
the upgrades has instructions.

b

George Szubinski said:Thanks, I did notice people commenting about following the install procedures. There are none in the root of the zip I have here - attached - do me favour and post them here. Lownotes said:did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip. don't know what to tell you at this point.