Keyword

Image Gallery not displayed

• Art 4 Web
  • Art 4 Web's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #70186 by Art 4 Web
Image Gallery not displayed was created by Art 4 Web
Hi @ all,
I have a strange probleming with showing image galleries. Newest Version of K2 (build20090806) and SIG (2.0.4) are instaled in Joomla 1.5.

If I add a gallery (zip-file) images are visible in the folder (media/k2/galleries/subfolder) and also the headline and the anchor link are displayed. Only the images are missing. The source code says:

If I add the path to the gallery folder direkt into the item e.g. {gallery}1/09060{/gallery} the gallery is displayed correctly. (path in the SIG plugin is set to media/k2/galleries)

Any idea what´s going wrong there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70187 by Valdis
Replied by Valdis on topic Image Gallery not displayed
Hi

K2 (build20090806) & SIG free currently available don't get along well. Search this same forum - couple of hacks are described to get it working ... more or less ;)

Cheers,
Valdis

• Art 4 Web
More
14 years 8 months ago #70188 by Art 4 Web
Replied by Art 4 Web on topic Image Gallery not displayed
Hi Validis,
I really searched the forum and read that it is a problem with SIG free. But I´m not using the free version - as I wrote above, the newest pro-version 2.0.4 is installed. As long as I put the gallerycode e.g. {gallery}1/09060{/gallery} in the editor everything works fine. The zip-file is beeing uploaded by K2 and the images are visible in the corrosponding folder. Also the path is correct in the SIG plugin. As you can see in the source code above gallery is activated but only the container class is visible - no images. K2 is a great tool, but it is really inefficent to add each gallery manually by the editor. The combination of image, text, gallery and video within one article was the main reason I descided to use K2. Maybe you have another idea to get this work?

I just thought about uninstalling K2 and then do a reinstallation. But Ißm not shure wether the articles will be erased if I uninstall the shole component.
Cheers, Alex

More
14 years 8 months ago #70189 by Valdis
Replied by Valdis on topic Image Gallery not displayed
Hi, Alex,

I see. Well, it seems that there are kind of contradicting info regarding SIG PRO and K2 current. As I have tried only free version, can't really comment on this more. Only thing I noticed in common is that it was possible to use free SIG in item text area; however, gallery tab and area were unusable by default. Finally, I resorted to plain old coding and after digging through this forum slapped together version of SIG free that at least is kind of usable in gallery tab/area as well. Basics work, but hasn't been tested a lot really. Attached extension file if anyone wants to tackle it further.

Cheers,
Valdis

P.S. I'd go carefully with such reinstallation of K2; I'd expect tables & data in them gone after such step. May be reinstallation of gallery plugin ... but really I don't know.
Attachments:

• Art 4 Web
More
14 years 8 months ago #70190 by Art 4 Web
Replied by Art 4 Web on topic Image Gallery not displayed
Hi Validis,
thx a lot for your help - I´ll test your script a bit later in the afternoon and if it works basically we will work on it further if necessary.

Cheers, Alex

More
14 years 7 months ago #70191 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic Image Gallery not displayed
hi

I have the identical problem happening, using SIG pro. Images upload, go to right folder. All good but no images actually display.

Has anyone resolved this yet ?

thanks, P