Keyword

Image Gallery Kills Item Edit

• Bo Schafers
  • Bo Schafers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70318 by Bo Schafers
Image Gallery Kills Item Edit was created by Bo Schafers
I've done the right thing and purchased Gallery Pro to support the developers. Sadly the plugin is currently incompatible with K2 (current stable)

How to recreate:

1. Create an item
2. Now attach an image gallery by uploading a zip containing 4 or 5 images
3. Once uploaded the page will refresh and reload the main Item Screen
4. Now the tabs Image, Image Gallery, Video, Extra Fields and attachments are rendered dead and useless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70319 by Mark Banks
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
Try this thread - had same issue with pre-release.
k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/sigallery-pro-v204-display?page=1&commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A2880&x=1#3536014Comment2880

Check plugin is enabled, check plugin path, check mootools, be careful which presentation display system you use, AND make sure the zip archive contains images that have SAFE name formats, AND no images over 1mb....

It'll work.

mark

• Bo Schafers
More
14 years 8 months ago #70320 by Bo Schafers
Replied by Bo Schafers on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
Hi Mark, thanks for you response...

I never said the gallery doesn't work. The gallery works well. The plugin displays images beautifully in the article/item in front end view!

The only problem is that after you have added a gallery in backend edit mode you can no longer edit your article properly: the Image, Image Gallery, Video, Extra Fields & Attachments no longer function when you click on one of the mentioned tabs there is no response, completely dead...

Bo

More
14 years 8 months ago #70321 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
Had same issue with tabs going dead after successfully uploading a gallery. I fixed it by opening the SIG pro plugin and changing to another popup engine.

It seems the slimbox2 (jquery) was causing it. I changed to Slimbox (powered by mootools) and it worked.

When I changed to some others, the tabs still worked but the effect was gone from the front end. I guess because I don't have one of the other javascript etc... installed.

Try one of the option and hopefully yours should get fixed also. Good luck

• Bo Schafers
More
14 years 8 months ago #70322 by Bo Schafers
Replied by Bo Schafers on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
Slimbox (powered by mootools) selected and the tabs are ALIIIIIIVEEEE :)))))

Thanks Manny!

Apologies to Mark you mentioned it as well and I was to stubborn to 'check mootools'.

• Christopher S. Bryant
More
14 years 8 months ago #70323 by Christopher S. Bryant
Replied by Christopher S. Bryant on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
I am experiencing same issue, after uploaded a a image gallery for a item, editor stays in edit mode, and all the links "image, image gallery, etc" are disabled

• Christopher S. Bryant
More
14 years 8 months ago #70324 by Christopher S. Bryant
Replied by Christopher S. Bryant on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
nvm, slimbox with moo tools works perfect

Christopher S. Bryant said:I am experiencing same issue, after uploaded a a image gallery for a item, editor stays in edit mode, and all the links "image, image gallery, etc" are disabled

More
14 years 8 months ago #70325 by Mark Banks
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Image Gallery Kills Item Edit
@Bo - No worries, i didn't explain it too clearly.

@Chris - not sure if you are still having probs. Over several days we had different issues with the gallery - most of them relating to the thumbs not displaying front end, editing back end being disabled and/or thumbs not visible in the back end. Solution was a mix of using the Mootools and testing the display engines, AND ensuring that the uploaded image file names were safe - no spaces, special characters etc. That seems to have solved it for us.

The remaining problem was client induced when an archive zip file that contained the gallery images also had an unedited image that was over 1mb included during upload. The result was that the Item would not display front end nor could it be edited back end. We ended up deleting the Item database entry via myPHP admin and doctoring the gallery file on the server via FTP. Lesson learned.
mark