Keyword

new articles push columns out of place

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #70747 by bunglehaze
new articles push columns out of place was created by bunglehaze
I have just noticed a problem I have not had before but it is occuring since updating to the stable release from july's prerelease. Basically any article I publish regardless of having images or not pushes both the left and right columns down the page under the content column, I have unpublished my right hand side modules to check if this is a template issue where K2 is simply too wide but even with the right hand side unpublished it pushes the left down.

If any of you have any clues how to fix this I would appreciate it, I am using YooTheme's Phoenix template at: www.bikechatter.co.uk and at the moment I have disabled most new articles, you can see it in effect here though: www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles/maintenance.html

cheerr

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70748 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic new articles push columns out of place
Hi
did you solved this issue ? Seems that front end at your site is ok.. Though on that example maintenance, i looked it. DId used some CSS changing and right col and content got in place - just fine you can see it HERE (flash screen capture of changes - to much for typing) didnt had time to check what is problem with left menu. But seeing that your site looks ok with most part i am not sure is it CSS or some article breaking template... My apologies on bad typo at screens ...

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #70749 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic new articles push columns out of place
Erebrum, that is fantastic! I ruled out article formatting simply through publishing pure text articles and it threw the template out of sync again, after this I reduced the amount of articles and the issue went away. If I increase them back again the formatting screws up again so it must be a template issue limiting the column height I would guess so I will have a look further into it - for now though I only need the amount of articles on the frontpage that I have but I will be adding advert positions soon so it needs doing.

thanks for taking the time

leigh :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #70750 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic new articles push columns out of place
hmm did you tryed to disable one article at the time...? I had simular error of breaking template and at the problematic page i started disabling - refreshing page - enabling one article at the time. And it was one article wit just one wrongly placed element. And if you are using some kind of editor for Joomla there can be some HTML stuff added to article by editor itself...

bunglehaze said:Erebrum, that is fantastic! I ruled out article formatting simply through publishing pure text articles and it threw the template out of sync again, after this I reduced the amount of articles and the issue went away. If I increase them back again the formatting screws up again so it must be a template issue limiting the column height I would guess so I will have a look further into it - for now though I only need the amount of articles on the frontpage that I have but I will be adding advert positions soon so it needs doing.
thanks for taking the time

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #70751 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic new articles push columns out of place
Yeah I tried disabling and enabling articles and adding them as plain text via timyMC and html with the editor off so it is somewhere between the 4 article setting in K2 and the yootheme template that it goes wrong.

The strange thing is I thought it may be the max height on the graphic round the content box but this seems to scale correctly when going over 3 articles but I still cannot figure why both side columns are being pushed out of the way - its a strange one for sure and one I am looking into.

cheers