Keyword

Do I have the right forum category ?

• LHansen
  • LHansen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70886 by LHansen
Do I have the right forum category ? was created by LHansen
I'm new to this forum so I wanted to make sure I've posted to the correct category and in the acceptable format.

I posted this question k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/building-a-theatre-website in the K2 Lounge. It was a toss up betwee this category and the How to.

I basically just want to know if what I am attempting is doable. Is there an upper limit to the number of extra fields? I don't want any one to hand me the code or anything, I just need to know if this is the right tool for what I am attempting. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70887 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic Do I have the right forum category ?
Hi
i think that you have and had a right category in the first place but thing is that we all are playing with K2 yet. There is no clear documentation and figuring stuff is trial & error. About limit on custom fields that is question for developer.... And by looking on your posted structure of information for custom fields there are quite a bit of them. Basicly you could test out K2 with very simplified version of that taxonomy/fields you provided and try to build up on couple of examples further on... As i noted trial & error
regards ...

• LHansen
  • LHansen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70888 by LHansen
Replied by LHansen on topic Do I have the right forum category ?
Thank you for responding. I'm in IT but an entirely different discipline from web development let alone joomla and K2. If this were an Oracle database I'd be all set. New skill sets to learn. I guess I didn't notice when I downloaded K2 how new it was. I'll see what I can do on my own and watch the forums for further discussions on the extra fields subject.
Regards,
Laura

Erebrum said:Hi i think that you have and had a right category in the first place but thing is that we all are playing with K2 yet. There is no clear documentation and figuring stuff is trial & error. About limit on custom fields that is question for developer.... And by looking on your posted structure of information for custom fields there are quite a bit of them. Basicly you could test out K2 with very simplified version of that taxonomy/fields you provided and try to build up on couple of examples further on... As i noted trial & error
regards ...

More
14 years 8 months ago #70889 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic Do I have the right forum category ?
Yeah we can hope that documenataion will eventualy come out and stuff. But you are comfortable with oracle so by all means set up test server and try out K2 and joomla. Yep new skills to learn but when you drill down they are revolved about same ol principles and on some way arent that new :P.
E

LHansen said:Thank you for responding. I'm in IT but an entirely different discipline from web development let alone joomla and K2. If this were an Oracle database I'd be all set. New skill sets to learn. I guess I didn't notice when I downloaded K2 how new it was. I'll see what I can do on my own and watch the forums for further discussions on the extra fields subject. Regards,
Laura

Erebrum said:Hi i think that you have and had a right category in the first place but thing is that we all are playing with K2 yet. There is no clear documentation and figuring stuff is trial & error. About limit on custom fields that is question for developer.... And by looking on your posted structure of information for custom fields there are quite a bit of them. Basicly you could test out K2 with very simplified version of that taxonomy/fields you provided and try to build up on couple of examples further on... As i noted trial & error regards ...