Keyword

Category Creation Failure on Fresh K2 vs Joom 1.5.8

• The Wishfarmers
  • The Wishfarmers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71440 by The Wishfarmers
Weird, I can't create categories using the "New" button in K2->Categories. Anyone run across this?

I get no error, I get a blank page instead, from which I have to go manually to the Joom top admin URL. Returning to K2, no category created.

No other anomalies with this Joomla install or K2 aside of that.

Hints anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71441 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Category Creation Failure on Fresh K2 vs Joom 1.5.8
Check to make sure you are using php 5xxx. I had the same issue and it turned out to be I was using php 4xxx

• The Wishfarmers
More
14 years 8 months ago #71442 by The Wishfarmers
Replied by The Wishfarmers on topic Category Creation Failure on Fresh K2 vs Joom 1.5.8
Thanks for the reply!
Just checked - using PHP 5.1.6 -- dang, I wish that had been it! Guess not this time. :\

More
14 years 8 months ago #71443 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Category Creation Failure on Fresh K2 vs Joom 1.5.8
Do you have SIG pro installed and-or Allvideo? Disabled them and try again. If it works, you might need to change the display option in the SIG plugin to something else like "slimbox-powered by mootols" etc..

The Wishfarmers said:Thanks for the reply! Just checked - using PHP 5.1.6 -- dang, I wish that had been it! Guess not this time. :\

More
14 years 8 months ago #71444 by Lefteris
Hi. A blank page indicates an error. Please try to turn on error reporting through Joomla! configuration to see the error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• The Wishfarmers
More
14 years 8 months ago #71445 by The Wishfarmers
Replied by The Wishfarmers on topic Category Creation Failure on Fresh K2 vs Joom 1.5.8
omg I /do/ have AllVideosReloaded (great plugin - or mb not?) - thanks I'll check it! Thanks for the logging tip too guys...

• The Wishfarmers
More
14 years 8 months ago #71446 by The Wishfarmers
Final resolution (?):

Disabled AllVideosReloaded component in Joomla, but it still misbehaved, so I disabled all the K2 components. Then got weird "500 tag not found" - even on index page! After a brief heart attack, I decided to uninstall the entire K2 setup. While I was in there I removed AVR too, and just for good measure re-enabled the Joomla login and tested it. It worked (nice to see front page again) and I reinstalled K2 completely. Works like a charm, categories and all. Weird.

Haven't yet reinstalled AVR . . . hmm.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71447 by Manny Santos
I have not used AllVideosReloaded. The One from Joomlaworks works fine with K2 but I don't think the AVR one has been updated for K2

I also found this solution which could be the solution to your issues k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/solved-unable-to-create-a-new
The Wishfarmers said:Final resolution (?): Disabled AllVideosReloaded component in Joomla, but it still misbehaved, so I disabled all the K2 components. Then got weird "500 tag not found" - even on index page! After a brief heart attack, I decided to uninstall the entire K2 setup. While I was in there I removed AVR too, and just for good measure re-enabled the Joomla login and tested it. It worked (nice to see front page again) and I reinstalled K2 completely. Works like a charm, categories and all. Weird.

Haven't yet reinstalled AVR . . . hmm.