Keyword

Menu Problem and a New Error.

• Prasad Sakharkar
  • Prasad Sakharkar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #71544 by Prasad Sakharkar
Menu Problem and a New Error. was created by Prasad Sakharkar
Hello Everybody.

Just one look at the demo site of K2 hooked me. So I tried to use it. But I am facing strange problems.

I am experienced Joomla Admin but I have to admit that I can't use K2.

I have loaded fresh install of joomla Ver.1.5.14 and installed K2 along with it.

Then I have created a root category named News. Then I created a new item using News category.

I just want to create a menu which will show all items from News Menu. I have created menu as shown below.

But I am getting its output as shown below

Then again I created a "Political Spectrum" category and assigned it to "News" (Parent Category)

Afterwords, when I tried to add item with featured checkbox selected I got following error.

TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `rk_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering`,`metadata`,`metadesc`,`metakey`,`params` ) VALUES ( '','Political news','political-news','2','1','

This is political news.
','','','','2009-08-26 18:08:57','62','','2009-08-26 18:08:57','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','1','1','','robots=\nauthor=','','','catItemTitle=\ncatItemTitleLinked=\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=\ncatItemAuthor=\ncatItemDateCreated=\ncatItemRating=\ncatItemImage=\ncatItemIntroText=\ncatItemExtraFields=\ncatItemHits=\ncatItemCategory=\ncatItemTags=\ncatItemAttachments=\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=\ncatItemVideo=\ncatItemImageGallery=\ncatItemDateModified=\ncatItemReadMore=\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=\ncatItemK2Plugins=\nitemDateCreated=\nitemTitle=\nitemFeaturedNotice=\nitemAuthor=\nitemFontResizer=\nitemPrintButton=\nitemEmailButton=\nitemSocialButton=\nitemVideoAnchor=\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=\nitemCommentsAnchor=\nitemRating=\nitemImage=\nitemImgSize=\nitemImageMainCaption=\nitemImageMainCredits=\nitemIntroText=\nitemFullText=\nitemExtraFields=\nitemDateModified=\nitemHits=\nitemTwitterLink=\nitemCategory=\nitemTags=\nitemShareLinks=\nitemAttachments=\nitemAttachmentsCounter=\nitemRelated=\nitemRelatedLimit=\nitemVideo=\nitemVideoCaption=\nitemVideoCredits=\nitemImageGallery=\nitemNavigation=\nitemComments=\nitemAuthorBlock=\nitemAuthorImage=\nitemAuthorDescription=\nitemAuthorURL=\nitemAuthorEmail=\nitemAuthorLatest=\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=\nitemK2Plugins=\n\n' )

Can anyone guide me here. I just want to show all the items in various categories in respective menu. I am using New Menu -> K2 -> Item listing -> Categories but still No items are appearing. I can only see category name but If I click on it nothing happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71545 by Jody Stone
Replied by Jody Stone on topic Menu Problem and a New Error.
If you don't click featured Item when you create it the item is created fine.

• Prasad Sakharkar
  • Prasad Sakharkar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #71546 by Prasad Sakharkar
Replied by Prasad Sakharkar on topic Menu Problem and a New Error.
Ok. I can live with it but what about the blank menu option? I still can't figure it out.

Jody Stone said:If you don't click featured Item when you create it the item is created fine.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71547 by Jody Stone
Replied by Jody Stone on topic Menu Problem and a New Error.
It most be in your Views for your Category. Modify your News category, and on the right side you can change the layout it may not be setup correctly.