Keyword

Attaching a word document.

• Stephen
  • Stephen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71636 by Stephen
Attaching a word document. was created by Stephen
Hey I'm having trouble attaching a word document to a K2 item.

Here's what I do: I open the item, go to the attachments tab, and then click "Add Attachment Field" - I browse for my file, then enter a title, then press "Submit" at the top right hand corner.

However, when I open the item, and then try to download the word document, it says "File does not exist"

Am I missing something here? I just want to be able to attach word documents to my items - nothing else. I'm happy with K2 but I just can't seem to attach anything!

*Edit: Ok I put my word document into a ZIP archive, and now it is able to be downloaded. So I can't upload a word document? I must put it into ZIP first?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71637 by Sven Peeters
Replied by Sven Peeters on topic Attaching a word document.
I have the same problem here with pdf documents. I even tried to put it in a zip file but it doesn't change anything. In the backend it indicates in the attachments tab that the file is uploaded and in the frontend I get the choice to down the doc. The message after clicking this is 'File does not exist' and when I check the map on my server (root/media/k2/attachments) it is empty. So the pdf isn't on the server but in the backend it seems uploaded. I'm wondering where cuz I can't find it! Any ideas?

More
14 years 7 months ago #71638 by Sven Peeters
Replied by Sven Peeters on topic Attaching a word document.
Found a solution in another post.....give the 'media/k7' folder following rights: 777....after I did this my attachments work fine!

• Stephen
  • Stephen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #71639 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic Attaching a word document.
wow sounds good, I'll try that out

More
14 years 5 months ago #71640 by Ron Mat
Replied by Ron Mat on topic Attaching a word document.
seems not working for me either, even after trying to change the permissions. It seems a mime problem... but where?