Keyword

Columns don't appear to be correct

• normdouglas
  • normdouglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71815 by normdouglas
Columns don't appear to be correct was created by normdouglas
I think I will just keep posting topics until I get some type of response.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm trying to display my items in 2 columns... no leading or secondary, just all together. What I see is the first 4 or so display in this manner, but then the rest of them nest their DIV within the itemContainerWrapper which means that these are first wrapped in a 50% div tag, which is already wrapped in a 50% div.

This means the columns are screwed.
Please see here for an example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71816 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Columns don't appear to be correct
Hi. if you want to use only one group for your items then it's up to you to set the appropriate parameters. Just use one of the available groups ( leading, secondary etc ) and set the number of items for the rest groups to zero.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• normdouglas
More
14 years 8 months ago #71817 by normdouglas
Replied by normdouglas on topic Columns don't appear to be correct
Yes I have tried this... but as I said, it appears the the page is being rendered with half the items in their own DIV but the rest nested within.

I really wish a moderator would take a look please!!!!!
PLEASE!

More
14 years 8 months ago #71818 by Lefteris
Hi again. From the link you posted i see that you have set the columns to 1. That's because all divs have width 100%. Please make sure that you have changed the correct parameter.

Norm Douglas said:Yes I have tried this... but as I said, it appears the the page is being rendered with half the items in their own DIV but the rest nested within.
I really wish a moderator would take a look please!!!!!
PLEASE!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• normdouglas
More
14 years 8 months ago #71819 by normdouglas
Thanks for the reply... but I have given up, and just gone to single column. I had to do this due to the lack of response on this forum and the lack of documentation.

I will setup a second link now and set it to two columns.
Actually I just discovered that the menu params has zero effect. So again, a bit of doco would be great.
Here is the screen shot of the menu params on a secondary menu I've just created. Link is here

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. From the link you posted i see that you have set the columns to 1. That's because all divs have width 100%. Please make sure that you have changed the correct parameter. Norm Douglas said:Yes I have tried this... but as I said, it appears the the page is being rendered with half the items in their own DIV but the rest nested within. I really wish a moderator would take a look please!!!!! PLEASE!

More
14 years 8 months ago #71820 by Lefteris
Hi again. If you select only one category then the menu options have no effect because the settings are coming from the category. The menu link options are valid when you select more than one category. Also there is a script that detects that and disables these params if you select only one. I can't tell for sure why this script doesn't work on you ( from what i can see from the screenshot ) . Maybe you are not using the latest version of K2 or your page has javascript errors.

Norm Douglas said:Thanks for the reply... but I have given up, and just gone to single column. I had to do this due to the lack of response on this forum and the lack of documentation.
I will setup a second link now and set it to two columns.
Actually I just discovered that the menu params has zero effect. So again, a bit of doco would be great.
Here is the screen shot of the menu params on a secondary menu I've just created. Link is here

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. From the link you posted i see that you have set the columns to 1. That's because all divs have width 100%. Please make sure that you have changed the correct parameter. Norm Douglas said:Yes I have tried this... but as I said, it appears the the page is being rendered with half the items in their own DIV but the rest nested within. I really wish a moderator would take a look please!!!!! PLEASE!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• normdouglas
More
14 years 8 months ago #71821 by normdouglas
Thanks for the explanation on the menu params... but my problem still exists. The main issue is how the columns are rendered. Here is a screen shot when I try and out put them in 2 columns. As you can see, it works for the first few, but then puts the remainder in 2 columns WITHIN a single column.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. If you select only one category then the menu options have no effect because the settings are coming from the category. The menu link options are valid when you select more than one category. Also there is a script that detects that and disables these params if you select only one. I can't tell for sure why this script doesn't work on you ( from what i can see from the screenshot ) . Maybe you are not using the latest version of K2 or your page has javascript errors.
Norm Douglas said:Thanks for the reply... but I have given up, and just gone to single column. I had to do this due to the lack of response on this forum and the lack of documentation. I will setup a second link now and set it to two columns.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71822 by Lefteris
Hi again. Try to clean the Joomla! cache if you have enabled it, after applying the changes to your settings.

Norm Douglas said:Thanks for the explanation on the menu params... but my problem still exists. The main issue is how the columns are rendered. Here is a screen shot when I try and out put them in 2 columns. As you can see, it works for the first few, but then puts the remainder in 2 columns WITHIN a single column.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. If you select only one category then the menu options have no effect because the settings are coming from the category. The menu link options are valid when you select more than one category. Also there is a script that detects that and disables these params if you select only one. I can't tell for sure why this script doesn't work on you ( from what i can see from the screenshot ) . Maybe you are not using the latest version of K2 or your page has javascript errors. Norm Douglas said:Thanks for the reply... but I have given up, and just gone to single column. I had to do this due to the lack of response on this forum and the lack of documentation. I will setup a second link now and set it to two columns. Actually I just discovered that the menu params has zero effect. So again, a bit of doco would be great.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #71823 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Columns don't appear to be correct
hi there

have had this same problem and almost had a seizure trying to figure it out.
In the category settings try setting in "Item view options in category listings" the intro text to show and select for a example a 50 word intro limit.

I had a case where it worked in one category but not another one. It turned out the category it worked in had no "readmore" links in the article thus no problem As soon as I set "intro text" to show and gave it a limit, cleared the cache and behold it worked for me

Hope this helps