Keyword

Comments & Ratings

• Matthew Cooke
  • Matthew Cooke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71824 by Matthew Cooke
Comments & Ratings was created by Matthew Cooke
For whatever reason, I cannot post comments, either as registered or non-registered. The comments simply will not submit. Additionally, the ratings won't take either. When attempting to select a rating (on the front-end), nothing happens. I have tried on a couple different browsers without success... Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71825 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments & Ratings
Hi. Can you please be more specific? Are you getting any errors?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #71826 by michael bailey
Replied by michael bailey on topic Comments & Ratings
I cannot post comments either. I have the August 6th, 2009 - v2.0 version on Joomla 1.5.9. At present registered users are allowed to post comments. There is no error message - after clicking on the submit button the icon (rotating arrows) continues endlessly. When checking Firebug console there appears to be a javascript error at nn_mootools.js (line 1) specifically: eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c)...ES|getValue|transport'.split('|'),0,{})).

There is a "404 Not Found" response to the attempted POST from the comments section.

• Matthew Cooke
More
14 years 8 months ago #71827 by Matthew Cooke
Replied by Matthew Cooke on topic Comments & Ratings
Yup, that's exactly what I get. I attached an image of the errors....

mbailey4 said:I cannot post comments either. I have the August 6th, 2009 - v2.0 version on Joomla 1.5.9. At present registered users are allowed to post comments. There is no error message - after clicking on the submit button the icon (rotating arrows) continues endlessly. When checking Firebug console there appears to be a javascript error at nn_mootools.js (line 1) specifically: eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c)...ES|getValue|transport'.split('|'),0,{})).
There is a "404 Not Found" response to the attempted POST from the comments section.
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #71828 by Lefteris
Hi. Can you post a link of the page with the error?

Matthew Cooke said:Yup, that's exactly what I get. I attached an image of the errors....
mbailey4 said:I cannot post comments either. I have the August 6th, 2009 - v2.0 version on Joomla 1.5.9. At present registered users are allowed to post comments. There is no error message - after clicking on the submit button the icon (rotating arrows) continues endlessly. When checking Firebug console there appears to be a javascript error at nn_mootools.js (line 1) specifically: eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c)...ES|getValue|transport'.split('|'),0,{})). There is a "404 Not Found" response to the attempted POST from the comments section.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 8 months ago #71829 by Janie Pfeffer
Replied by Janie Pfeffer on topic Comments & Ratings
I had the same problem with joomla 1.5.14 and JCE util 2.0. I updated my JCE utilities to the latest 2.2 version and set it for the lightbox option and all my comment posting and refresh problems were resolved.

Just a thought, it might be worth a try.
Janie

• Matthew Cooke
More
14 years 8 months ago #71830 by Matthew Cooke
Janie,
Thanks for the response... Unfortunately, unless I did something wrong, that didn't work for me. Still no comments or votes :)

Thanks for the guidance though!

Matt

Janie Danger said:I had the same problem with joomla 1.5.14 and JCE util 2.0. I updated my JCE utilities to the latest 2.2 version and set it for the lightbox option and all my comment posting and refresh problems were resolved. Just a thought, it might be worth a try.
Janie

More
14 years 8 months ago #71831 by Lefteris
Hi. You have no comments and rating because your page isn't loading the k2.js file. Please make sure that you have installed and enabled the system K2 plugin.

greg said:It's same thing for me but only in rating system website : www.kayoo.nc
to have rating do I configure something somewhere?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 8 months ago #71832 by Lefteris
Hi. Everyone having problems with comments or rating make sure that :

1. You have the latest version of K2.
2. You have installed and enabled the K2 system plugin which is responsible for loading the javascript file.
3. You have no javascript errors on your page from any other extensions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Cooke
More
14 years 8 months ago #71833 by Matthew Cooke
Thanks Lefteris, but unfortunately, no such luck. I'm sure it's something simple like that, but I haven't figured it out what it is.

Thanks Again,
Matt

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Everyone having problems with comments or rating make sure that :
1. You have the latest version of K2.
2. You have installed and enabled the K2 system plugin which is responsible for loading the javascript file.
3. You have no javascript errors on your page from any other extensions.