Keyword

K2 Documentation

• Nguyen Mau Phung
  • Nguyen Mau Phung's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71996 by Nguyen Mau Phung
K2 Documentation was created by Nguyen Mau Phung
Hi,
I just install K2 into my Joomla 1.5 and need the instruction showing how to use it by example like the K2 demo. Do you know if it's available and where?
Regards,
MPN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nguyen Mau Phung
More
14 years 8 months ago #71997 by Nguyen Mau Phung
Replied by Nguyen Mau Phung on topic K2 Documentation
You right. There is nothing. Anybody can write or give some short instructions. Or it's better if there is a step by step instruction showing how to use it.

Solutions Expert said:read the forum... there is nothing.

• Chris Carlo Enterprises
More
14 years 8 months ago #71998 by Chris Carlo Enterprises
Replied by Chris Carlo Enterprises on topic K2 Documentation
Yup... I'm looking around myself...

• Nguyen Mau Phung
More
14 years 8 months ago #71999 by Nguyen Mau Phung
Replied by Nguyen Mau Phung on topic K2 Documentation
Good luck.
I have to uninstall this component because it still there in my front page and everywhere even if I disable it. I do not want to spend my time to do something (even if it's free) that I have no hint and no documentation.
Thanks and Bye,
MPN

Chris Carlo said:Yup... I'm looking around myself...

More
14 years 8 months ago #72000 by ironmankho
Replied by ironmankho on topic K2 Documentation
i am also waiting for this ...

More
14 years 8 months ago #72001 by shiva
Replied by shiva on topic K2 Documentation
Well, this is the classic example of geekware isn't it. Image all the work in this, and yet not including the slightest piece of documentation so just about everyone but actual geeks are totally confused, and end up not using it because they don't know how. Alas, I am not a geek either, nor am I a mind reader, but...

Sorry for being sarcastic, but I am done with that now, and who ever is the man around here will learn his lesson and actually have INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

As the expression goes, if you want something done, don't wait for other people to do it, just do it yourself. I'm very new to Joomla, this site is exactly one day old, but have figured somethings out at least, and have written them down in a news post that is very long and windy. So it's best to just display a link, others can pick this up and continue as well if they wish, I am very far from being any kind of expert...

This is a very fast job BTW, so excuse the messy post and badly formatted page. I will add more to this as I discover new things.

shivasite.byethost22.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=it...

More
14 years 5 months ago #72002 by Andria Duncan
Replied by Andria Duncan on topic K2 Documentation
Well, I completely agree with you, they made this awesome program, and expect us to just guess how to use it. But, it might be slightly easier than another CCK-type thing I've been looking at, which DOES have docs, which make no sense at all -- they're translated from French and don't hang together grammatically at all, to make any kind of sense. I tried to click the link you posted, but it went 404, so I have no idea what you said in that page.

I read in some other post that K2 ought to be installed in a site that already has some content, so one can import the existing content and see how it does with K2, so I guess I'll try that. I *am* wondering, however, how K2 plays with Remository? The site I'm thinking of installing K2 on, most of the content is in Remository, so if it won't play nice with that, it might be utterly useless at that site.

However, for another site of mine, this may be just what the doctor ordered to get some book reviews with special fields for author's name and reviewer's rating of the book. Simple_Reviews just doesn't work at all, and Booklibrary is kinda useful for its interface with Amazon, but the free version is kinda limited and I just don't have $35. Heck, I don't think I have 35 CENTS, and all these costly extensions for a FREE cms are really starting to irk me.

shiva said:Well, this is the classic example of geekware isn't it. Image all the work in this, and yet not including the slightest piece of documentation so just about everyone but actual geeks are totally confused, and end up not using it because they don't know how. Alas, I am not a geek either, nor am I a mind reader, but...
Sorry for being sarcastic, but I am done with that now, and who ever is the man around here will learn his lesson and actually have INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

As the expression goes, if you want something done, don't wait for other people to do it, just do it yourself. I'm very new to Joomla, this site is exactly one day old, but have figured somethings out at least, and have written them down in a news post that is very long and windy. So it's best to just display a link, others can pick this up and continue as well if they wish, I am very far from being any kind of expert...

This is a very fast job BTW, so excuse the messy post and badly formatted page. I will add more to this as I discover new things.

More
14 years 5 months ago #72003 by rashmani
Replied by rashmani on topic K2 Documentation
Oh, c'mon.
Ok, not megabytes of docs. Still a basic and clear templating tutorial (which turns very helpful if you dig into code and play around with K2); still you can get info and help reading forums, help, trying things and build on provided tools (categories, tags, extra fields, K2 tools flavors,...). There's a 45 minutes video you can learn a lot from!
It takes time, agreed.
It takes dedication, ok.

Then go and build it your own, from scratch, in this fast-job world.
Good luck.

I still believe it's worth plan things, use something new and promising, even if it takes time, and take a challenge.
Yes, I still have open questions about K2 but after a week playing with (from scratch), K2 gave me full satisfaction, made me learn a lot about it (and Joomla) and it was almost fun.
So, no matter those open questions, thanks for K2.

rash*

Andria Duncan said:Well, I completely agree with you, they made this awesome program, and expect us to just guess how to use it. But, it might be slightly easier than another CCK-type thing I've been looking at, which DOES have docs, which make no sense at all -- they're translated from French and don't hang together grammatically at all, to make any kind of sense. I tried to click the link you posted, but it went 404, so I have no idea what you said in that page.
I read in some other post that K2 ought to be installed in a site that already has some content, so one can import the existing content and see how it does with K2, so I guess I'll try that. I *am* wondering, however, how K2 plays with Remository? The site I'm thinking of installing K2 on, most of the content is in Remository, so if it won't play nice with that, it might be utterly useless at that site.

However, for another site of mine, this may be just what the doctor ordered to get some book reviews with special fields for author's name and reviewer's rating of the book. Simple_Reviews just doesn't work at all, and Booklibrary is kinda useful for its interface with Amazon, but the free version is kinda limited and I just don't have $35. Heck, I don't think I have 35 CENTS, and all these costly extensions for a FREE cms are really starting to irk me.

shiva said:Well, this is the classic example of geekware isn't it. Image all the work in this, and yet not including the slightest piece of documentation so just about everyone but actual geeks are totally confused, and end up not using it because they don't know how. Alas, I am not a geek either, nor am I a mind reader, but... Sorry for being sarcastic, but I am done with that now, and who ever is the man around here will learn his lesson and actually have INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

More
14 years 5 months ago #72004 by Andria Duncan
rashmani said:There's a 45 minutes video you can learn a lot from!

WHERE?? WHERE is that video? WHERE is that templating tutorial??? I have hunted, searched, pulled out hair, and STILL NOT found any of it!!!

At this point I'd really just like to know why having Disqus installed makes 2 comment/reaction thingies at the bottom of K2 content! But there's no Disqus docs either!!! ARGHHH!!!!

Does using K2 mean you have to be psychic, so you can figure out a) how to use it, and b) where, in the whole www, some k-byte of information might be??

I managed to: create some new fields; create a new category; create a new item -- but in the introtext bit that's on the front page, at the bottom of it, I have 2 comment/reaction thingies. I tried turning off the comment/reaction thingie in k2, since I have disqus installed, but it didn't help the introtext at all, but on the article's actual page, there's no comment/reaction thingie at all. ARRGHHH!!!!

I really think I'm losing it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #72005 by Andria Duncan
rashmani said:Ok, not megabytes of docs. Still a basic and clear templating tutorial (which turns very helpful if you dig into code and play around with K2);

I could really use that link to the templating tutorial, since I completely replaced my old template with their "Jungle" template (though with modified colors) JUST SO that there would be stuff in place in the template to support K2 -- but for some reason, that font-size option thing doesn't work at all -- why? I could understand it not working, if I was using some non-Joomlaworks/Templateworks template, but I'm using one of theirs, and it still doesn't work.

*sigh*

Please, will you share those links to those things you mentioned? it's really not fair to tell me these things exist and not tell me WHERE they exist!!